TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 16, 2013 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I dont think the sisters will go. They had good vote percentages when they were up and Ed has been 2nd or 3rd lowest when he was up.

Plus the producers seem to want the sisters to stay and keep manufacturing tasks involving them to give them plenty of screen time. Tahan a sister for 3 hours, targetting them with the fish.

As for the fish prank, could they be any more blatant with the Ambi Pur product placement?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I would get rid of the sisters, they're boring and have the advantage of never feeling alone like Tahan is feeling at the moment, the girls are all ganging up on Tahan and is getting tiresome to watch. By association Jade and Mikkayla are less appealing to me now.
I'm always for the underdog and to me Tahan is the one now and I hope she stays and the sisters go.

I'm curious to see what that special place is and how they can control the game, however the player should get back eventually and would love to see their reaction. I hope Tahan gets that highest percentage, or if not just enough to stay for another week.

I don't know what Big Brotha is doing with the sisters and why would the producers want them to stay. I'd rather see Matt and Ed stay and the sisters go.... ooops, I think I said that already.

I'm also quite ready for the intruders... as someone mentioned above. That could be a hoot!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
omg Tully needs a serious reality check big time getting upset cause the boys want to bring up what is cheating? the only reason to get upset is if you feel guilty about something.

who did matt and ed think Drew should have saved??? he has always been close to Jade and probably just wanted to make up for his nominations. It would have been an easy out to put Tim up and really if he had Tim would have been the one fake evicted. But really putting Matt up made he most sense because Tim is his best friend, Tully his chick and he is not as freaking crazy as Tim to put himself up.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I'd like to see the sisters go also but they had the 2nd highest votes to save the last time they were up. I'm afraid we might be stuck with them.

We have the same people up for nomination this week, just replace Jasmin with Ed.

of the vote to save.
Jasmin 6%
Tahan 13%
Matt 13%
Mikkayla 15%
Sisters 22% <<<<
Ben 31%

Now Ed had the next lowest vote to go last time he was up. I doubt that has changed & I expect him to go.

Votes to save: (twice as many votes as normal)
Start End Name
7.2% 7.2% Caleb
7.8% 7.3% Ed <<<<
12.9% 12.4% Tahan
13.2% 13.2% Tully
19.1% 19.7% Jade
39.8% 40.2% Tim

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just watch Tuesday's Feast show with the hookups . Ed was such a jerk, telling Jade it was just a hook up AFTER the whole sit on my lap thing! Not that Jade shouldn't have realised by now, but still... hope Ed goes.

It was interesting to get more of the whole Drew and Tully thing. I don't even know why Tully is pretending she's still with her girlfriend, it's clear she and Drew have crossed any boundaries they could have set up, and now they're not even really hiding it. And I still don't know why Drew likes her so much.

And not to forget Tim and Lucy... I think Tim's reasonably good looking, he's quite quick to talk to people even though he's a little bit loopy, so I assumed he'd had quite a few girlfriends... not only could the guy not kiss but he was almost suffocating Lucy, pushing her down. I don't think he's as experienced as I thought he was.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They have set it up nicely for some drama if Ben get the mot v otes and is fake evicted on Monday.

A big part of Friday's episode was spend showcasing how Tim appears to the rest of the house to be targeting Ben to go this week.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Finally was able to watch the shows. I think the problem was the Ipad!!

Tahan is one of my favorites. I hope she makes it to the end.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think Tully is trying to force a commitment from Drew before giving up her gf. Unfortunately for her, I think she's going to end up alone. Drew only signed up for a BB cuddlemance - Tully made it very clear that's all it was & now *she* wants to change the rules. I doubt even she knows what she wants but she wants everyone to pledge their allegiance to her.

I noticed Tim instigated the whole Drew & Tully semi intervention but didn't actually participate.

I am glad the house (for the most part) has worked out Tim's strategy of targeting people.

It does look like Tim is targeting Ben & it will probably be the undoing of one of them - I think it will be Tim though. I doubt if Ben will be too entertaining in the safe house but it might do a number on Tim's head, that may just blow his game. I'm sure he knows Ben is his biggest competition. I worry though that Ben may not be strong enough to compete, maybe a week off can help him see the game & how to cope with it. I do hope that Drew is a true friend to Ben. I believe he is & how he handles the Tim/Ben confrontation will either make or break his standing in the game.

I'm not used to BBAU being played as a game & I think Tim will lose his popularity scheming against Ben.

It would be more unusual to *not* have intruders & I didn't go back & check to see what Sonia said but it was probably more in line with *at this point* you have a 1 in 10 chance of winning. I might have reconsidered the no intruder theory, if it hadn't been for the new mug with the girl's face showing up under the pillow with the fishes. Either Tim put it there or BB did. I wouldn't put it past Tim to do that to stir things up, but I don't think he did.

Every series of Big Brother Australia usually includes "Intruders".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_brother_au#Intruders

I agree Kitt, I think Tim spends more times with his guinea pigs than he does other people & I worry about the guinea pigs. I think he'd like to have a girl friend but I think he sabotages relationships for his own amusement.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree Tim should lay off for a while, getting at Ben now it's not good at all, it's too early to do that but eventually Tim will do something that will turn his clownish demeanour into mean attitude towards someone who really can't never win a showdown or gain any power on his own. He doesn't need to do that now, not when there are other people to target..... like the sisters!!!!

Sometimes I wonder though that they make moves according to some suggestions from big brotha to create a bit of drama in the house.

Usually Drew seemed a partner in Tim's pranks but he stayed away from what Tim is doing to Ben... very wise.

Mikkayla and Jade should branch out and not hanging with the sisters all the time.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Part of me thinks Tim wants the house to think he is plotting against Ben but in truth he is getting out the word "people will forget to vote Ben". Then says in the diary room that it is one of the meatheads he wants gone he is throwing it out there to vote for Ben otherwise Matt and Ed will for sure stay.

The mug was a contest they had on their official site, anyone could enter to have their picture put on the mug, so it has nothing to do with intruders.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
snippets from the clips -

Matthew comes in and says that they’ve discovered another mug, this time with a picture of a guy on it.

They’re reminiscing about the Divide. “I actually enjoyed the Halfway House,” reflects Tully.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am all caught up!

I feel bad for Tahan. I hope she's learned something from all this and it'll maybe make her less of a mean girl in the future. It's all very well (or not very well) being cruel when you can just walk away but perhaps now she sees it makes people she actually now needs not like her she'll change a bit.

Hmm, interesting thoughts on Tim. In the last conversation with BB where he said that a person he nominated has left each time and this time he nominated Ed and Matt it makes me wonder if there's something more than the obvious going on in his mind. With the "people will forget to vote Ben" thing I don't know if he wants Matt and Ed to nominate Ben next time; whether he hopes what he said will be on tv and he wants to remind the viewers to vote to save Ben (for good reasons or nefarious ones); or whether he does actually simply want Ben to go. I kind of think he's too sneaky for it to be the simple solution that he wants Ben out.

Thanks for the answer to the mug thing, Kellee. I'm pretty sure Sonia's phrasing was clear in that "one of the ten of you will win" because I noticed it as we'd be talking about intruders. I don't think there are any this year.

Drew sounds like he's had enough of Tully then he goes right back there. She so needs to be evicted to free him!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BBAU house is different for sure. They been provided movies twice in the past 2 weeks plus a weekly party & they showed them play cards but there might be a stipulation that they all had to play because they were all playing "old maid" - which wouldn't be on my list of favorite card games.

BBAU seems to have daily projects, plans & tasks for HM. I wondered if the talent show, beauty pageant, wedding ceremony etc. are actually instigated by BB. According to exec producer "Talent show and Model comp was all the HMs ideas - all we did was agree to give them some props." I guess the HM come up with them for screen time but sure don't see bored HM doing that in the BBUS house.

I'm surprised they haven't had the punishment room open this year. I thought about it during CBB when they were sent to jail for noms talks. The punishment room was much more effective & more enjoyable to watch (separating hairs by color, finding a needle in the haystack, etc)

I had read about this but wanted to confirm it, so I went on exec producer's twitter account, seems to indicate there will be at least one intruder this year.

@AlexMavroidakis When will the intruders arrive? #BBAU

9 Sep (posting date) @oshawotter Patience is a virtue.

@AlexMavroidakis please! We need a sexy new intruder for Jade who is ACTUALLY looking for love! We need a proper BB romance!!! :-)

4 Sep (posting date) @splashedblue Sifting through photos as we speak. #bbau

https://twitter.com/AlexMavroidakis

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting! I hope Drew will be jealous and that will annoy Tully ;).

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
the betting odds as of Sunday 4:30pm AU time

SportsBet.

Eviction:

Ed 1.40
Matt 4.00
Katie & Lucy 6.0
Tahan 7.00
Mikkayla 15.0
Ben 21.0

Fake eviction:

Ben 1.40
Mikkayla 3.50
Tahan 5.0
Katie & Lucy 15.0
Ed 21.00
Matt 26.0
Ed 21.0

Outright Winner

Tim 2.50
Ben 2.60
Drew 6.00
Matt 10.00
Tahan 13.00
Ed 15.00
Jade 15.00
Sis 21.00
Mik 26.00
Tully 41.00

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/...g-brother-2013

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I thought it was funny (in the betting odds) that Ed who they think is scheduled to be evicted Monday with no close competition has a *much* better chance of winning than Tully.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
There are always housemates who are kept in for the drama value but have very little chance of winning. That's Tully this year.

Ed is just boring. Unfortunately, if he made it to the end he'd have a chance to win. BBAU voters tend to vote for boring attractive young men to win. Look at a good number of the past winners.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't know much about betting & voting on BBAU. I've read that Ed has offered his twin $50,000 if he wins, so the bro is hustling votes.

I saw the safe house odds are 26 for Matt & 21 for Ed, so I'm assuming the bro placed a large bet that lowered the odds.

Which made me wonder if someone could buy enough votes to manipulate the placement.

A $5000 bet on Matt going into the safe house would pay off $130,000 & it would cost $5500 for 10,000 votes at .55 each. I have no clue how many are the total votes but it seems like if someone had enough money it could be done.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
But who would have the time or patience to vote 10,000 times?
Assuming it would even make a difference, which I kind of doubt.

10K could probably save someone for the week, but I doubt it is enough votes to put them at the top.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So Matt went instead of Ed, which is probably the better outcome anyway.

Ben is the fake evictee and there were a lot of tears from Mikkayla and the sisters when he was evicted.

It looks like they are following the BBUK script a usual and he will be watching the housemates, asking them questions through Big Brother and somehow influencing tasks and the nominations superpower.
Unfortunately Ben is going to be too timid and nice to make it very interesting.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was hoping Mikkayla or Tahan would have gone to the safe house - looks like Australia tried to get Tahan in, I'm assuming that at least.

I'm sure it's scary to vote for the safehouse & then worry about saving Ben also. It might have been better to have a separate vote for who you wanted in the safe house.

At the beginning of the show, the voting % breakdown =

and the final % breakdown =

11.7 Matt
12.6 sis
16.1 mik
16.6 Ed
20.8 Tahan
22.2 Ben

Matt evicted & gave superpower to Ed

The fake eviction is *only* for 24 hours, which with Ben is more than enough, especially if he's alone. Tomorrow is nom's day, they will be too busy to chatter about him & his eviction. It sounds like BB will have him poking at HM. We know he's nice & timid but the BBUK script would be which HM do you want to do this terrible thing, you must pick one. It will probably be harder on him than the HM.

I wonder if they will have him listen in to noms, that might be interesting.

I can't imagine Tahan being mean to Mik is going to go over well.

I do believe Ed's brother made large bets to change the odds & then made large votes. I'm guessing he also made large bets on Matt to go also. Odds were $4 yesterday afternoon on Matt to go & dropped to almost half at $2.20 by the end.

I just can't imagine Ed's popularity soared all of a sudden with the public to make him third favorite. If Ed's bro "invested" in trying to get Ed into the safehouse & then placed bets on Matt to go also he might have broken even on his "investment"

I don't know how the voting works but I assume you can place a one time order for 1 or a 1000 votes as long as you have the monies to do so. I'm sure they make it as easy as possible at .55 per vote.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think they tried to get Tahan into the safehouse. Out of the nominees she would definitely be the most mean, but it sounds like they might have a kinder version of the safehouse than BBUK anyway, more like Ben sets them tasks and toys with him, rather than the more usual hope they overhear bad stuff then start an argument when they get back version.

The voting breakdown was interesting. My take on it was when Ben wasn't the clear leader his fans panicked a bit and voted more for him. Also Ed, Mikkayla and the Sisters had similar voting percentages at the start of the show, but Ed and/or Mikkayla picked up votes at the expense of the Sisters once people saw it was close.

I think the voting numbers must be very low. Within the first 25 or so minutes of the show votes for the sisters dropped from 14.0% of the votes to 12.6% of the votes. That's a big jump. Or a lot of people vote during the show compared to before it.

If the Sisters got zero votes during the show then
14% x BeginTot = 12.6% x EndTot
BeginTot = 90% EndTot

So at a minimum 10% of the total votes would be cast during the show. If the sisters actually got votes during the show (likely, even if not many) then more than 10% of the total votes are cast during the show... and the voting period during the show was less than 30 minutes long!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine Tahan being mean to Mik is going to go over well.

I thought the same thing at first, Willwillbee, but the live audience seemed to really love Tehan.

I found it interesting that Mikkala couldn't take Tehan barking out orders and yelled, 'SHUT UP' to her. All the housemates complain about Mikkala constantly barking out orders. Seems like she can dish it out, but she can't take it. As soon as someone stands up to her (Tehan) she runs and cries she wants to go home. I'm starting to go away from Mikkala and more towards Tehan.

I can't help but feel like Mikkala thinks she will be saved every week (the cat thing) so she can keep being bossy and stay in the house. Also, she needs to be more realistic about how she eats and realize some people might tease or talk about it. From the way it was discussed how fast she eats, perhaps it's nerves or just habit, but she has to know if you eat double or triple servings you will gain weight.

Ben already brought up the word 'responsibility' in his new position as the housemate in power. He is so afraid of responsibility, which is why I so wanted Tehan to win the fake eviction. It would be great to hear what people said about her thinking she was gone.

I so don't want this game to be given to Ben.

So happy to read what you posted about a possible intruder, Willwillbee. Please let them bring someone on for Jade. I just hope they didn't wait too long and she won't even go for them, trying to make it work with Ed.

If Tully doesn't go next week, I'm going to scream. Her BAWLING every time something happens or someone gets evicted is soooo disgusting. I'd like to see her and Drew go in a double eviction. I'm so over him.

I guess Ed's twin is working to keep him in, since Ed got more votes to stay than Mikkala this week. If only the sisters had gone over Matt, this would have been a good week.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I actually heard that Ed's brother was offering a chance for women to win a date with Ed if they would spend $50 or more to vote to save Ed. I just shook my head at that one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Working forwards and backwards with different scenarios and guessing that the Sisters received 2,000 votes during the show (seemed reasonable to me, but it's just a guess) I came up with three options for viewer votes depending on two possibilities for the total number of votes at the end: one million, half a million or quarter of a million.

1,000,000 votes total
% at Start% at EndNameBegin VotesVotes During ShowFinal Votes
11.611.7Matt 103,000 14,000 117,000
14.012.6Sisters 124,000 2,000 126,000
15.316.1Mikkayla 136,000 25,000 161,000
16.816.6Ed 149,000 17,000 166,000
20.920.8Tahan 185,000 23,000 208,000
21.422.2Ben 190,000 32,000 222,000
TOTALS 887,000 113,000 1,000,000

500,000 votes total
11.611.7Matt 50,500 8,000 58,500
14.012.6Sisters 61,000 2,000 63,000
15.316.1Mikkayla 66,500 14,000 80,500
16.816.6Ed 73,000 10,000 83,000
20.920.8Tahan 91,000 13,000 104,000
21.422.2Ben 93,000 18,000 111,000
TOTALS 435,000 65,000 500,000

250,000 votes total
11.611.7Matt 24,250 5,000 29,250
14.012.6Sisters 29,500 2,000 31,500
15.316.1Mikkayla 32,250 8,000 40,250
16.816.6Ed 35,500 6,000 41,500
20.920.8Tahan 44,000 8,000 52,000
21.422.2Ben 45,500 10,000 55,500
TOTALS 211,000 39,000 250,000

Each time I've fixed the total number of votes cast (1M, 0.5M, 0.25M) and then fixed the Sisters votes during the show at 2,000. Just from the number of votes cast for various people I'm guessing half a million votes total wouldn't be too far off... 65,000 votes cast in 30 minutes of the show with 18,000 votes going to Ben, for example, doesn't sound too impossible.

Bonus table:

500,000 votes total but Sisters only got 1000 votes during show
11.611.7Matt 51,500 7,000 58,500
14.012.6Sisters 62,000 1,000 63,000
15.316.1Mikkayla 67,500 13,000 80,500
16.816.6Ed 74,500 8,500 83,000
20.920.8Tahan 92,500 11,500 104,000
21.422.2Ben 94,500 16,500 111,000
TOTALS 442,500 57,500 500,000

That seems possible to me too. Ed probably didn't (comparatively) get that many votes during the show.