TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through September 16, 2013 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My blog review of BB 15 USA is up. If you'd like to take a gander, feel free to PM me for the link.

(Not sure where to post this. Mods if there's a more appropriate thread, please move it there. Thanks!)

Veganking

07-24-2009

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Andy is the third contestant to be fired from a job because of remarks on Big Brother. Aaryn and GinaMarie were the other two.
http://www.inquisitr.com/951974/andy-herren-fired-big-brother-contestant/

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
I don't feel sorry for him in the least.. He has been so vile and ugly. I turned on AD a couple of times last night...had to change due to the bashing. The things they say about the others are awful.. their hate and being jealous of Elissa is way past game. I hope they are shunned by the BB world! I have never felt like this about any BB player ever.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
What Bama said....

Cruzlvr

11-12-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cruzlvr a private message Print Post    
That article on Andy, IMO is very misleading. Andy has said on the feeds that he was a part time instructor. That currently he didn't have a job and would try to get picked up for the semester starting in January. The face book post by the college simple states that Andy is not currently employed by them, which is true. He quit his part time before going on BB. I believe the way it works, it you are a part time instructor, you have to apply for each semester coming up. So I don't believe he was fired, just, as the facebook post stated, "not currently working for DPU".

Dawn

07-24-2009

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
Yea i don't think Andy was fired either. He said at the beginning of the season on a certain day "well classes started today, which officially means I don't have a job"

Ark

07-09-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Andy didn't have a job to lose. He had a contract to teach for a certain period of time. That time ran out as did the contract. He didn't have a contract with the university when he went into the house so they aren't in any position to fire him.

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Well, my guess is they will not hire him again to teach...so that works for me. :-)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
My guess is that he will be more popular that ever. He teaches a communications class steeped in pop culture. Students love that. Now, he has had an even bigger role in pop culture. There will be a waiting list for his class . Andy will learn and grow from this experience . I think as he moved closer to his goal, it became all consuming. If you can get the focus off yourself ( and onto other HG, there or departed) you feel safer. I was surprised that near the end he was non stop in extolling his own virtues and accomplishments. It seemed counter productive to his earlier strategy. Keep the focus off me.

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
The thing that confuses me about Andy... He said he worked in Aurora Illinois over and over but the article refers to College of Dupage, in Glen Ellyn Illinois. I'm not sure where he held his part time class. COD is a Junior College and about 15 miles away from Aurora. Which is true?

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Hope it's OK to post Dick's show link.. he is giving out the link.. Shelly is on it and they feel the same about this season as we do.

http://vimeo.com/eveldick/review/74608687/40aa63d33e

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Jucy, what are you asking?
I went to COD and live right next to Aurora.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Maybe he teaches at Waubonsee, which is another community college that has classes on the Aurora campus. Or maybe he works at Jeff's alma mater, Aurora University...

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
Julie, He says he teaches in Aurora Illinois. That is not where COD is. Aurora is in Kane County and COD is in Dupage county. Different schools.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
My guess is that he doesn't physically teach at COD, though maybe there is a place he teaches that is thru COD but actually takes place in Aurora. (Like maybe at an actual theater or something?)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I looked it up, there's at least one off campus location for COD that is in Aurora.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Six, plus a few more that are in Naperville that many consider to be Aurora cuz they are so close.

http://www.cod.edu/about/maps_and_directions/off_campus_locations.aspx

Dawn

07-24-2009

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
there's a lot of a-holeish professors out there that don't get fired. I doubt andy has anything to worry about for future employment ;)

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
If thats the case, it would be "off campus" and I believe he often talked about taking public transportation to "campus."

I'm sure Andy probably wasnt totally truthful and didnt want to admit he worked at a Junior College rather than a University like he implies in Aurora.

It's Andy...so who cares in the long run. He might by thinking he doesnt want "fans" looking into his job. (I say fans that are in Andy's mind)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That article does not say he was fired at all. It said:

It said: "“Andy Herren has formerly worked for College of DuPage as a part-time instructor. He does not currently work for the College.

I can honestly say that I "formerly worked" at several part time jobs in my life and I do not currently work at any of them, but I was never "fired".

Kep421

08-10-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I don't think Andy was working anywhere when he entered the house, so I doubt he was fired.

I'm interested to know if he would be hired again...

I'm sure he will...Academics don't give much weight to the vast wasteland that is TV....and whatever happened I believe they won't believe it really happened...just some editing to get ratings, blah blah blah...

Mickiej

07-26-2004

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Higher education is traditionally more liberal, so they may offer Andy more contracts in the future. But his aspirations may not still lie within the educational field. Especially (unfortunately) if he walks away with the grand prize. He may decide he can parlay his experiences into acting...maybe a double for PeeWee?

Dawn

07-24-2009

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
he's very much into improv isn't he?? i bet he would like to go further with that maybe

Debbieeeee

09-16-2005

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbieeeee a private message Print Post    
"Andy Herren has formerly worked for College of DuPage as a part-time instructor. He does not currently work for the College. Any behavior or language he uses on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" does not represent the opinions or values of College of DuPage"

I think the last sentence says it all - and IMO they will not be asking him back if they went to the trouble of distancing themselves from him now.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
This is what Rachel Reilly had to say in her blog, I tend to agree with her: "Andy is definitely not the master strategist and the only reason players left him in the game so long was because nobody was threatened by him as a game player. GinaMarie has gotten in tons of fights and provided an endless source of entertainment as we near the moment that she will be reunited with her beloved Nick. GinaMarie has not really had any strategic game moves all summer and hasn’t really done anything but float by even more than Andy. GM did win a few competitions, but I’m pretty sure that she only won the competitions to get her hair dye. In the end, Andy has won the most competitions when there are only 4 people left. The question still remains as to how the jury is going to vote? Is the jury going to vote bitterly or is the jury going to vote purely on game play?"