TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through September 14, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know there aren't a lot of people who see it this way but while I was cheering for Janelle and her group I didn't (and still don't) see Maggie being as awful as many people did. She may have manipulated her group and they may have been deluded in thinking they were nicer than they were but I don't recall them being nearly as bad as Evel Dick, the Winter season or the people this year. Thanks for all the explanations though.

I find Regan's writing on most subjects, pompous, insufferable and hypocritical given his own behavior.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I am reading Ragan's article about the Big Brother experience that he linked to- really fascinating!

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
And of course it is not the popular view but I loved Evel and liked his game play too.Not some of his crudenss of course...and he was way over the top. But I rooted for him.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I found Ragan's blog insulting for reasons stated above. I couldn't care less if Andy was gay, straight, black, white, or whatever. He is unlikeable. I don't hate him, but he is one of my least favorite players ever. Marcellus even disagreed with Ragan in most respects (from reading Marcellus's stuff on facebook). Yes, I admit he played the game better than the other 2 left. But, I read someone else call him cowardly and that is what I didn't like about him. He was a coward and slithered around like a snake. I have a phobia for snakes. He reminds me of a phoney politician, someone I could never trust because he talks out of both sides of his mouth. There doesn't seem to be anything genuine about him. Those are the reasons why I don't like Andy. Not because he is gay. And to ever compare himself to Dan is ridiculous.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Ragan's article: http://www.tandfonline.com/....

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I can most definitely say my dislike for ANdy is not related to his sexuality. I am a reverse homophobe as I have always wanted a gay player to win. NOT THIS ONE!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I too rooted for Dick ..... He too was on his own. He made,the,season,fun..... Yes he was vulgar at times- but he was also,funny at times and i liked how he always talked to the camera to tell us his game plans.

Also like him or hate him you all have to admit to being glued to the feeds and this site. This site was so busy it took forever to post a comment from too many people on here and it was so slow.

We sure havent had that problem this season!!! Those were the days of a fun and active big brother season.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I too disagree with Ragan..... Not all people played the game with pure hatred toward Elissa. Not everyone is so mean,spirited because they were locked in the house.

I don't care if he is gay - his vulgar actions and words against Elissa and others was not game play. He is such a hateful unhappy man. And he will have to take his winnings and go into hiding cause he thinks he is well liked by us. And he will be in such shock when he is booed as he enters the stage.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think Andy will be fine. He will apologize to everyone he offended and say he was just so focused on the game. I am not really sure how he really feels about Elissa. He has never spoken well of her since day one, although he did befriend her and work for him to stay, even though it clumped him in an unpopular group.

He has an inkling that he will not be well liked. I think he believes it could go either way.

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
There might be something to the theory that some obscure behaviors come out when you are in a new and stressful environment but if you don't have the "c" word or "n" word in your vocabulary in your real life, I kinda doubt it will magically appear as your first mechanism to be used to describe other individuals when you feel the need to bash. Neither Dr Will resorted to this or 90% of the other people locked in the house.

This season did not consist of one bad apple ruining the whole bunch. It was a whole barrel of bad apples that were picked by CBS. I am not insinuating that CBS did this on purpose but maybe they should re-evaluate their screening process.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How do you screen for it when people try to present themselves in the best light during the interview process?

Justmom2

03-15-2008

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justmom2 a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer....people are not going to go through the interview process stating.."oh yeah, just so you know I am a homophobic/racist/bigot, who likes to use the c word and the n word whenever possible and I pretty much use the f word in every single sentence I utter"

Bee

09-14-2009

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Okay..I was talking to my youngest daughter..she does not watch the feeds. She does NOT understand why I dislike Andy so much. She has no idea of what goes on inside the house and has not heard any of Andy's disgusting vile stuff from watching the shows. When I tried to explain she just rolled her eyes at me.

I think viewers of the shows only... do not know what we see about Andy and actually like him. The problem with trying to tell her my perceptions is that Spencer and GM have shown more of their bad side than Andy on the shows and they are all awful. I present a weak argument in comparison.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Well I think you can screen for it, if you are willing to take the time. GM and Amanda for example, did they ask do you have any health issues we should know about? Do you have any eating disorders? Do you take any medication? Did they check doctors, references? Did they run through a scenarios test? How about asking up front, do you use the C word, do you use the N word, etc. What is your feeling about gays? Dig deeper here. Spencer had been suspended for drugs, had been in rehab. I would have cut him right there.

I just think there is sooooo much more they can do in their screening process. It sounds like they do a good job making sure no one has a venereal disease, so they need to do a better job on the psych part, IMO.

Nana731

07-06-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana731 a private message Print Post    
Amen Mama!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well they could put on the application:

Do you have any prejudices ?
If so what?
Do you use alot of profanity?
Do you use the C word?

If you answered yes to one or more of these questions- you agree to any punishments or penalties.

I (name) agree to the above statement and I know if I break the rules posted above I will be penalized or kicked out of the house without my stipend.

They have a rule about violence and breaking equipment so why not just add the above.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
Maybe, the good part of this season is that we have really been exposed to how the younger people that are going to take over from us are thinking. I realize this is a game and they are trying to win a boatload of money that they think will change their lives. But, why do they feel their lives are so bad that they need money to change it?
From what I have seen these are able bodied people who can work and were working. They have only exposed that this generation feels entitled and as racist as the past generation 50 years ago. Does this speak to our culture?
The most important things in life are not things.
They are intangible and this group seems to have totally missed the boat.
If anything, we have seen how people with eating disorders can function, but hardly, and thrive on being told they are worthwhile and can have purpose, but still have a distorted self image.
We have seen cases where those that have been educated are willing to leave what they have to take a chance on winning money, that will really make no difference in their lives because when they are home alone they are left with themselves and they don't seem to like themselves at all. All of the justification they have done to explain their gameplay just shows the extents they will go to prove their worth.
They are not very different outside the house at all.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
And the sad part for me, is who will give up three months of their lives at a 1 in 16 chance to win half a million dollars? Who is even able to do that? Maybe we have seen the best that is available. Sad, but maybe true.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
They call this reality TV, I really hope this is not reality.
I have lived 60 years and could not do what these people have done, nor could I have done it their age.
I don't enjoy watching it at all, I don't like watching people fail.
I guess I just enjoy hearing the people on this forum. I haven't watched the feeds in days, maybe weeks. It is just really too painful.

Simplyde

07-26-2011

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Simplyde a private message Print Post    
I watched a little bit of BB Australia last night and I wish they would take some clues and change up the house and comps and well...just about everything a little bit. Penalties for sure for whatever they decide. It might make them think before acting.

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
I have heard that all the other BB shows are better than the US

Wahmmy

07-24-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wahmmy a private message Print Post    
I think that the reason the other shows were more captivating is that we realized we had people like Dr. Will and Jordan in our midst of every day life and we liked them.
With this show we realize we have people like Andy, Spencer and Amanda in our midst and we are appalled.

Simplyde

07-26-2011

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Simplyde a private message Print Post    
BB In 2 Mins Recap found at Jokers: 2 funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXkUdsd-FJo&feature=youtu.be

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two episodes of BB Australia last night, and I thought it was brilliant when they punished two people for breaking the rules by taking away their clothes (only half of them for the person who didn't go all the way in breaking the rules). I loved the next day when they got their suitcases back with an IOU for clothes! Those are two people who will probably never break the rules again!

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
All the other BB shows (other countries) ARE better then the U.S. one. The first season of our BB was like those in other countries but because they had lower then expected ratings that year, they changed it. Plus with public voting, people here say that that makes it just a popularity contest. To which I say, "so what"? In the other BBs, they don't have and in most cases are not allowed to scheme and make alliances to get out certain people and so on. So their winning isn't based on gameplay but more so on likability. BBUS needs to change a lot. If the public/producers don't want there to be public voting, fine but they could change almost everything else to make it so much better.
In other countries, since they can't scheme and plan all day, then they actually talk about interesting things going on in their lives and in the world. Plus BB gives them tasks to do all the time to earn food or other necessities or for luxuries and they get punishments for breaking rules and bullying and racism is NOT allowed. They will and have removed players for those types of things. I have said these same things for years and always get shot down because others say if the public votes them out here that we tend to vote the "most interesting" ones out first. The example being that Will Mega was voted out by the public in the first one. He was voted out for being intimidating and bullying. I suppose that was what was supposed to be so interesting about him. I didn't find him interesting at all.