TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 12, 2013 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What's happening??? No more shows??? The last one I saw was Mikkayla saving herself and Ben went up???? Then I think it was another party or something ... but then what??

Before I could hardly catch up and now I'm looking for new shows and I can't see any new one... Help!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oh what a relief, I just found ep 35 and 36 the live eviction and Heidi gone!!! So far so good!!

Still can't stand the sisters and by association I no longer like Mikkayla, ganging up on Tahan.
I won't mind if they go next.

I think they keep Tully because she has that thing going with Drew, I don't believe it's genuine because it must be her way to stay in the house, if she creates some drama with a boy, I think the audience like that kind of thing.
I would keep Tahan because she has spunk and she gets along with the boys without being flirty.
Jade is also good with Ed although she keeps having a special relationship with Drew.

Beside the sisters and Mikkayla I like all of them but best of all for me is Tim, if he stays that way throughout the game and doesn't become catty like the women, I'd like him to win.

But please, get rid of the sisters!

Was that a ring or what Sonia had, was it a shield??? So huge! She dresses very nice indeed.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I hope Tim goes into the safe house! That would be a hoot.

I agree Flagg, I am loving the 6 nominees. Could you imagine a house with Ed, Matthew, Caleb, Jade & the sisters left at the end. *yawn* But that would have happened with the old system.

I had read the "live feed" updates of Tully/Drew this weekend & was going to bring them over here because I was shocked but I couldn't find the video for the part where Drew says "well I have my tantrums & my mood swings, and every day you keep coming back but I think you're amazing." I thought that was either a typo & should have been *Tully* said this or somebody made that up. I can't believe Tully's got him convinced that he's the emotionally unstable one. I can't believe he's not *so* over all that, I know I am. I hope an intruder comes in & goes after Drew!!

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Tully crying and pounding on the door after Heidi left. I wish the door had opened and they had yanked her out of there. I have had it with her hysteria after every eviction.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Tully won't go until she is up against 5 others that are more dramatic/entertaining than she is.

With this group that probably won t happen until the finals.

This week it will probably be Ed to go finally, especially with the way he sacrificed Jade because he didn't want to face Tim.

The problem with this week's nominations is that the most votes will probably go to Ben and he will be boring and all but worthless as the fake evictee watching the house. Sure it will be great to see the house reaction when he is evicted but once he is hidden away it will be a snore fest.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Nomination show results -

I was surprised they still have no prizes for evicted HM.

It's about time for intruders, I'm wondering if they will put intruders in with the safe nominee to spy on the other HM. I was so hoping for Tim as the safe nominee but I agree with Flagg it will probably be a snorefest with Ben, but it might be interesting to confuse the HM with Caleb, prob Ed & Ben gone what are the viewers wanting as a winner. Maybe viewers will vote Mikkayla to be safe house resident(?)

I am so over Tully but still hoping for an intruder to come between her & Drew. People have asked Tahlia (Tully's gf) about her being an intruder & she claims not to ever want to be involved. I can't believe she wants his total devotion but has claimed to want to be married (to a man) in 5 years.

Drew 0-18pts for noms
depending on number of correct predictions (DP)

Tahan = 1
DP - sis & Ben
T. - sis 3 & Jade 2

Jade = 1
DP - Tully & Tahan
J. - Ben 1 & Tahan 4

Ben = 0
DP - Tim & Mikkayla
B. - Ed 3 & Tahan 2

Mikkayla = 1
DP - Tahan & Matt
M. - Ben 3 & Matt 2

Ed = 0
DP - Tim & Drew
E. - Sis 2 & Mikkayla 3

Matt = 1
DP - Drew & Tim
M. - Mikkayla 1 & Tim 4

Tully = 1
DP - Sis & Jade
T. - Sis 2 & Mikkayla 3

Sis = 1
DP - Tahan & Matt
S. - Tahan 3 & Ed 2

Tim = 1
DP - Jade & Matt
T. - Ed 4 & Matt 1

Drew = T7
D. - Ed 3 & Jade 2 & Ben 2

Nom for (Double) eviction -
1 safe highest saved vote (I guess Ben)
1 evicted lowest saved vote

still have save & replace on Thursday -

nominated -

12 Ed
9 Tahan
7 Sis
7 Mikkayla
6 Ben
4 Jade

----

Ed chose one -
4 Jade
4 Tim

safe -
3 Matthew
0 Drew
0 Tully

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Last season there were no prizes for any of the evictees. I don't expect any this season either.

This is the low budget, ghetto Big Brother AU after all.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
After reading here I guess I misunderstood, I thought the one with the highest nomination points would go to the special place, instead it is the one with the highest votes to stay (which will be Ben).

I've had it UP TO HERE, as Tahan said, with those sisters and Mikkayla, they need to go!!! I hope the sisters go first however.

Tahan makes it spicy with her spunk, the sisters are boring and catty.

I felt bad for Jade, that a guy like Ed could not decide about saving her must be pretty upsetting...

I wonder what Ben would do to change the game from that special place.

It boggles my mind why the US version doesn't take some suggestions from the Aussie version which is much better in the way of nominations and evictions. I can see rivalries down under as well and it could escalate to cutthroat way of playing like in the US if they were to discuss nominations or plot evictions.

I prefer a gentler way of playing BB like in Australia than to follow a cutthroat game like in the US. I'm sure some US fans may find the Aussie version a bit boring but believe me, they would feel much less frustrated each summer.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Spunky did you watch BBUS the first season when it was more like the other countries? I saw snippits of it when it aired & turned the channel fast. Years later as a BB addict, I found the series on youtube & I had to force myself to watch the whole thing. I guess it might have been different with live feeds but the TV show was excruciatingly boring. Luckily it was nothing like BBUK or BBAU. I have yet to watch the first season of either of these countries either but have a feeling they are nothing like their current show.

I *loved* BBUS2 & I have loved many seasons. I like the open strategy & people flipping the house. What I don't like is when it's nothing but strategy talks.

I dislike BBUK when their strategy becomes bitching sessions, isolation, cliques & bullying.

I like the BBAU 6 person noms that make strategizing almost useless.

I don't really have a problem with US version, I just wish they had week long tasks & more interaction with BB, *something* besides the endless strategizing & silly comps.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i actually like Mikayla and want her to be the one fake evicted just cause it would so screw with their heads when she came back.

It is just now waiting and seeing who is saved and who is sacrificed. We will see if tradition rules where the one sacrificed is the one who was tied and almost went up. then Tim will be up and he will be fake evicted. Then again I think the reason Ed chose Jade was cause he thought he couldn't beat Tim and he is right about that, what he doesn't know is he most likely can't beat Jade either.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
BBUS1 was very much like the first seasons of BBUK and BBAU. The show was run by Endemol then and followed the exact same format.

All 3 have evolved over the years, though BBAU mostly borrows from innovations created by BBUK.

Part of the problem with BBUS s1 was that Endemol was editing the show on a very tight schedule with the daily highlights shows and being Dutch, they didn't really understand the US audience.
Unfortunately when the new production team took over they went a bit too far in their changes and it became a completely different show and really should not still be called Big Brother.

I liked season 1 but then I also watched the feeds a LOT back then, and on a 56K dial up connection.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Is everyone finding the shows? Today's was just uploaded about an hour ago. It's a treasure hunt finding the shows these days, lol. Please e-mail me if you need addys.

Wow, was Heidi a real piece of work on Tuesday's show. She showed her true colors. Even though Sonia told her she was being seen as just as bossy or even moreso than Mikkala, she still chose to rip Mikkala a new one. She also hurt Ben's feelings a lot. It said so much more about her than Mikkala or Ben. I read she has a radio show. Since she was so off in her thinking about the house (had many things backwards) who in the world would listen to her on the radio? She is not a nice person.

I was so disappointed in first Drew and then Ed yesterday when they both betrayed Jade. I can't believe Drew nominated her and he has yet to tell her (at least that we know of.) Ed did cry and feel bad in today's show because he wasn't man enough to keep himself on the block with Tim in a double eviction week; however, he could try to win the Thursday games and take himself out. Gamewise, it was smart, but it made him look less of man....so it's a fine line to walk.

Little does he know he would go out against Jade as well and now will most likely go. He has a slight chance if the twins are still up for eviction after the Thursday games.

Tim's comment in bedroom while Jade was away doing her sheep task was hysterical. Don't miss it!

I'm beginning to think Drew is so mad at Jade for turning him down after their 'fake marriage' that he is trying to get even with her. It was scary when he told her during their task (sly BB AU) of counting sheep that he was used to relationships like his and Tully's. Wow...he thinks fighting constantly is the way to go.

Willwillbee, I don't know who said they had the tantrums. It's getting confusing with those two (Drew & Tully.) The other day Drew confided to Jade that Tully was accusing him of behaving of how she was actually behaving and Jade told him that's not what the house thought. The house thought Tully was the one doing all the tantrums.

Drew is acting so immature in his/Jade's friendship. She is going to be crushed when she finds out he nominated her.

I'd like to see Tehan or Mikkala be the pretend evictee. I'd also LOVE it if whomever wins the Thursday games saves someone and puts Tully up for eviction.

Like some of you, I do feel Tully is using Drew to stay in the house. A comment she made last week telling Drew he keeps her safe should have given him a clue. Tully was all over Matt (and Ben somewhat) the first week, but they got rid of her and then went to Drew. She's very affectionate with Jade as well and I think she'd go for Jade if Jade was open to it and she needed safety. She's just a user and yet she wonders why no one will propose to her. Yikes!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I haven;t watched today's yet but so look forward to it. i think Tully is all about her needs and wants and be damned who gets hurt. She reminds people she has a girlfriend when it will help 9like in the pagent) but will very carefully plan how to kiss Drew without the cameras catching it. She gets mad about Drew saying he would go back to his ex when she won't commit herself. Besides that what the freaking heck is she talking about having 4 years to find someone to marry her? She is in a common law partnership which basically is married without the wedding , and laws are changing towards gay marriage, she has been with Thalia for 2 years she has found someone who to be married and she has tossed it away.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Ed says he wants to take on Tim and beat him at his own game. Yet when it came to going on the block against him... Ed wimped out. Ed put up Jade. That is not going to help him with the public vote. He doesn't know that Jade has a lot more fans than he does. He is not Prince Charming but he seems to believe he really is.

Drew can't tell Jade he nommed her. Those are the rules. If he told her he would get a strike. I do believe Drew was hurt and embarrassed by Jade dumping him for Ed. Jade also made the mistake of running back to Drew everytime Ed turned her down. She wanted to keep both of the guys and Drew had to listen to everyone keep asking him about it. He was hurt and I think it is still eating at him. Tully is his security blanket for now. Tully is just a person with an unattractive personality. I have tried and I can't find one good thing to say about her.

Tully is the strangest lesbian I have ever seen. She seems to hate the girls and want to be with the boys all the time. Very odd. She smothered Matthew at first. Then she moved on to Drew. But she still grabs on to the other guys whenever Drew isn't around or one of the other guys is in the spotlight.

I enjoy Drew when he is with Tim. They are very entertaining together and I miss that. Tully ruins that and makes Drew very unattractive when they are together. I wish they would bring Drew's ex in the BB house as an intruder. Tully's head would explode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Drew seemed to think there was more animosity between Jade and Tully than there actually is, or more than has been presented to us in the shows. That might be part of the reason he nominated Jade too (to protect Tully) but he's certainly not winning any fans.

The youtubes seem to be available with the same format for the description, if anyone is having trouble, so just search for the show name and date. For their sake I'm not sure why they're making it so easy for people to find, but it is helpful for us!

Of the current nominees Ben will be the one to go in the secret house, and I think he'll be reasonably entertaining there as long as they don't expect him to be too cruel. It will be extremely interesting to see what the rest of the housemates say about him once he's gone, but that might also upset him a lot, so that could be a bad outcome. I think Ed is most likely to be evicted, but it could be tight. I want Mikkayla or Jade swapped out and Tully put in! Or more selfishly, Tim put in so that he could go to the special house and entertain us.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So it's a bit misleading the way the air the shows because that love fest happened before the nominations, and when Heidi was still there. So it's more surprising why Ed hesitated so much to save or not save Jade after their level of intimacy they shared.

You know what, I think it might as well be a love fest, they're all young and gorgeous and Big Brotha is so generous, with dining and dancing and music... I wonder if the participant are really after the big prize or just a nice way to spend some time having fun together and find a romance as well. They realize there can only be one winner and so might as well not go crazy about winning but just have a ball while playing.
Whereas in the US is really cutthroat because they only care about the ultimate prize and not the fun they could have... and also there BB is stingy...

So, we still have to wait to see who will be saved and who will go to that special place. I think now that the audience know the second eviction is fake they may not want to give the highest percentage to Ben but maybe to Tahan or someone else who could really create havoc with the game... if that's the intent.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Lakegal, awesome idea, Drew's ex as the intruder! Tully seems to thrive on the drama & Drew apparently does also. So let's give them some. They've done it before. Since they said the exgf name on air, they must have got a release from her.

Kellee, I believe that Tully had said she wants to marry *a man* in 5 years that had to be harder on the gf than everything else she has done.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I just e-mailed whomever e-mailed me. Sorry for the delay, but I was gone and just checked my e-mail.

Lake_gal stated:
Drew can't tell Jade he nommed her. Those are the rules.

Good point. I forgot about that. I felt like Drew was wanting to say something to Jade about their relationship when they were counting sheep...like if she had liked him he wouldn't have gone for Tully.

I'd love to see an intruder come in and break up Drew/Tully. At first I didn't want it to be his ex because he said they fight all the time too, but I guess that may be the only person who might be able to break up him and Tully.

Kellee, I guess Tahlia hasn't asked Tully to marry her. She seems determined to be married...taken care of?? I don't think she's ready for commitment, but she doesn't seem to realize that.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Drew's nominations & guesses made no sense. Being the superpower holder you had to figure no one would have voted for him & probably not Tully either. So 3x he had almost automatic wrongs & then to nom Jade?? It made no sense to me. Not much he's doing these days makes sense.

At least this season has been suspenseful of who will be nominated & who goes.

I wonder if they will keep the 6 noms going with 6 noms & 4 safe - most of the house is up, not much sense really in the HM bothering to do noms if all are up.

Hober

06-26-2004

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
Drew won the showdown, he saved Jade and replaced her with Matt. He then chose to take Ben with him to the presidential suite

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree Willwillbee. Drew is so confusing. He was the reason Jade was nommed and then he saved her. He did mention Ed was mad about that so maybe it was more to make Ed look that much worse.

Drew is also way off track about Tully. People are trying to tell her she can't only be okay with things when she gets her way and there goes Drew saying it's because she cares so much about people. WHAT? Wake up Drew...she only cares about herself, you silly fool.

Tully is so passive aggressive. She claps when Drew picks Ben for the suite and then as Drew is heading over there her last remark is, "Did you ever think about this might be the last time we could stay in there?

Ugghhh...I so wish both she and Drew were up for eviction this week. They are becoming my least favorite people in the house.

}

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the updates everyone, I'm sooo behind! Yey for Drew saving Jade but it makes you wonder why he nominated her in the first place... I don't get him either, Cricket. And it's clear he's losing votes which is a shame because he seems like such a nice guy, just way too gullible. So pretty too ;).

I think Ed or Matt will go, probably Ed.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Please let one of the dull guys go. I need a translator for what little Ed does say. If Ed goes, *maybe* Jade will reconsider Drew. I doubt she will ever consider crossing Tully but I can hope.

I thought it was almost perfect (to try & get Tim to the safe house) with Drew winning & only having himself, Tim, Matthew & Tully to choose from & would have only have chosen between Tim & Matt. Tim being the logical choice, since it was a tie. BBUS would have browbeat him til he did choose Tim, sigh, I guess BBAU doesn't try to control the game that way lol.

Final nominations
(Jade saved & Matt as replacement) -

12 Ed
9 Tahan
7 Sis
7 Mikkayla
6 Ben
RN Matt

I really think intruders will be included in the safe house, this will give the safe person someone to discuss the house - having someone sitting alone just listening & not commenting is boring quick & it would also give us a good look at the intruders.

I'm sure one of the intruders picture was on the new coffee mug found under the sister's pillow (with the fishes). Not much was said on the show other than showing it but much was said about it in the daily clips.

Maybe the safe person has to choose between intruders, making them try to get in good with the chooser. That would stimulate a lot of interaction. The only thing that makes me discount that idea is the mug, I would assume that was a for sure intruder.

Rumors of Tully's gf Tahlia being an intruder & her denying it vehemently. She's already publicly involved, she might as well go in, but if they don't have prizes for nonwinners anymore, it sure wouldn't have any appeal (to me).

I can't imagine the HM saying anything behind the back of any of those that they haven't said already. If Tim had been "evicted", they would have said a LOT. If Ben gets "evicted", I think a lot of people will be surprised but I can't see it being a big topic of discussion.

I'm surprised the house pulled together to do a semi "intervention" with Drew & Tully. I would imagine that was the reason to not invite Tully to the pres suite. I have no doubt though that he had her "permission" before making his choice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On the eviction show the host said something about each of the remaining housemates having a 1 in 10 chance of winning, so if intruders do come in they must have limited status (unless the host was talking off the cuff and got it wrong).

I'm going to try to catch up this afternoon.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I think Ed or Matt will go, probably Ed.

Kitt, I'm thinking it's possible the twins may go. I don't want Ben in the saved house. I agree it would be boring if he went there. I would like to see Mikkala so everyone would think they got rid of her, hah, hah. Wouldn't mind Tehan going to the safe house as well.

Drew winning the Thursday games just ruined everything. no Tully up for eviction and even if she had been up, he would have saved her....bleh.

I just about died after Matt was switched out for Jade, Tully says to Matt:

"Okay, now I'm really pi*sed...three of my buddies are up for eviction." It's like she contantly looks for something to be upset about.

I'm glad Matt told her how he feels about her behavior. Ed and Matt are growing on me; whereas the sisters, while nice, are kind of boring.