TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through September 07, 2013 users admin

Debbieeeee

09-16-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbieeeee a private message Print Post    
Reader - Sorry if I got it wrong - I was pretty sure that I read something that supported my statement but probably got it wrong - I will try to find it but I do remember that Dan and Sarah Gilbert (isn't she on the view?) were part of the story - again sorry, I guess I'm wrong (again, LOL)

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Aaryn's mom is on damage control again. Says Aaryn can't be prejudiced because she took a black guy to the prom and has half-Japanese cousins.

TMZ

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
No worries Debbieeee, who knows, the person who wrote that could have a connection to CBS. It was reported back when Howard? Or at least the last time Aaryn was on block, they per taped the "Live" show... It made sense

Sure is hard to separate facts from rumors!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
can you imagine the shock of being fired and reading all these internet articles about herself when she got out?

Can you imagine getting a hint that something really awful is about to happen, and having to live in isolation with no more information for several weeks?

I still think it was cruel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kep, there were some good, b it more like much less enthusiasm when Maggie and Ivette exited the house in BB6; a NY clapping came from employees and their guests, not so much from fans.

I was there for that finale, and we were threatened with expulsion if we booed.

So we clapped loudly fir Janie and Howie, Kaysar...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It won't be fair if they don't confront GM, Spencer.. and his union rep should question him about his acid trips, too.

Aspiemom

07-18-2010

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aspiemom a private message Print Post    
Go, Julie.....she did a great job in the interview. I don't feel a bit bad for Aaryn. I feel bad for the people that she hurt because she feels like she is better than them.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
David Letterman - Julie Chen on the "Big Brother" Controversy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVAoBoqDVQ

Ark

07-09-2001

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I agree Seamonkey! I understand Aaryn getting heat from what she said but I don't understand everyone else getting a pass. I also don't understand why Julie is offended by racist & homophobic comments but never mentions misogynist comments. Is it still OK to beat down women as long as you do it verbally & not physically?

Paisley

07-17-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Paisley a private message Print Post    
I don't agree with the racial slurs but I can't imagine having millions of viewers mad at me and so I feel sorry for her.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that link, Rieann :-)

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this but because I just finished catching up on last season of Survivor, I thought I'd remind everyone that Cochran got a job as EW's BB recapper, not sure if anyone has been following his recaps!

http://search.ew.com/results.html?Ntt=%22John+Cochran%22&type=ew:John+Cochran

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Not sure which thread to put this in, but going with this one. Here is an article with one of Aaryn's friends. I was curious and looked him up and not surprised to find both his athletic record as a football player, but also his arrest record from 2 years ago for resisting arrest and failing to provide ID to an officer :-)

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/04/big-brother-aaryn-gries-black-friend-not-racist/

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rienn

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I read that on TMZ a while ago. Even the most die hard bigots can have friends from the groups they hate. The justification is that this one (insert ethnic group or race) is not like the others. They are all (whatever bad things "they" do) but this one is different and I am his/her friend.

They use it as the exception that proves the rule.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
great twitter debate recapped by Ragan between he & Marcellas on Andy.

http://raganfox.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/marcellas-and-ragan-talk-andy/

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Jeff interviews Lawon from season 13. Jeff catches up with Lawon and he answers why he put himself up for eviction. Lawon addresses the racism and hate speech. Lawon feels education is needed. He thinks they are ignorant and need to be accountable. He thinks Amanda ran the house.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/video/...

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I was really hoping that Jeff's next interviewee would be Dan'

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
me too, or anyone but Lawon lol

Echarvey

07-23-2013

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 2:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Echarvey a private message Print Post    
Hello

Gemma120in2002

07-05-2003

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gemma120in2002 a private message Print Post    
The great thing about freedom of speech is it takes care of dumb people. _ David Letterman

Thank you for posting that link Rieann!

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
IMHO they have picked Aaryn to be the sole HG to be held accountable for the racial slurs and homophobic remarks, The blue eyed blonde white girl. I feel the same way you do about Aaryn, but by no means was she alone in her hate. I am still in shock over Amanda's free pass where Julie was all smiles and rainbows. GM continues every day to make the most inappropriate remarks. I will not look down on Aaryn while the others are given a pass, it is not right and Julie is pathetic in her picking and choosing who to hold accountable.

Simplyde

07-26-2011

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Simplyde a private message Print Post    
Once they all get out they will see what America thinks and since they are always talking about what America wants....they really have no clue what is waiting for them. That will be enough for me.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I hope Julie will address all that on the Final show.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
Me too BB, I am a person who believes in being fair, and this was not right, Julie even went on Letterman talking about Aaryn, on her own show, she has the ability to really rile the public while giving a pass to others. Dead wrong.