TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 05, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Matt's superpower had a huge effect on who is up this week! He saved himself, Ed and the Sisters by the shredding, and then his nominations (after he'd seen all the other noms) put Tully and Mikkayla on the block.

Nominees are Tim, Heidi, Tahan, Drew, Mikkayla, Tully. I very much hope Heidi will go, although of course I would prefer if Tully did. I think Tim and Drew are definitely safe but I'm a bit worried about Mikkayla.

And then there's the save of course.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
From those nominations, it looks like Mikayla would definitely go, or maybe Heidi. But who knows what it will look like after the showdown power.

If she is not saved, Mikayla would probably go against anyone other than Ed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What about Heidi? I don't see her as having many fans. Mikkayla is showing a bit of a conniving side but she has also been supportive of people.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I wish they had a rule that you couldn't nominate the same person more than twice in a row. Then they'd really have to put on their thinking caps.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I thought Tully wasn't even going to be nommed this week and if not for Matt's nom, she wouldn't have been. That made me even more confused as to how the people voted last week, with Caleb and Ed below Tully. She or Heidi need to go.

Watch Drew go. It will be his own fault for not hanging with the general house, but rather only being with Tully. I'm so surprised at him. It's like he must have a girl. Not attractive at all.

I don't understand Mikkala and Jade constantly nomming Tehan. Give her a break for crying out loud. It's just going to make people not want to save them; have they thought about that?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see if/how much Drew's percentage will be pulled down by the Tully affair. I still think he'll be high, like 40% Tim, 20% Drew and the rest spread out (assuming no big change in the save). I don't think it's that he must have a girl, he just seems like one of those savers to me (people who want to make sure everyone is ok, usually female in my experience) and Tully always acts like she needs saving.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
These nominations are becoming a bit of the same soup every night. Why are they saying that Big Brotha would only accept strategic nominations when in fact they were all based on how much they dislike each other.
The two sisters should have been way up high on the nominations since they are really under the radar and so is Ben and Ed. I understand Drew for strategic reasons is up there, but Tahan, Tully, Tim, Mykkayla, these are not a threat, since they are constantly being nominated.
If Big Brotha is going to accept every nomination that is in fact non strategic then it doesn't make sense because Big Brotha will accept them anyway.
I'm glad Heidi is up there and Tully as well. These two could go but want to keep the others.
Vote Australia like I would!!!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BB was very wide in the definition they gave the hms for the strategic nominations. They announced something like they could nominate because they thought someone was under the radar, or simply because if that other someone was on the block with them then the other person would be more likely to go. Seemed way too wide a definition for me, like you say, they can find a way to vote "strategically" for anyone like that.

Matt was particularly non-strategic with his votes for Mikkayla and Tully, I thought BB wouldn't accept his reasons but they just did without question.

I was waiting for someone to nominate Ben because they thought he was a threat, but just one (I think) did. It's only worth nominating a likeable person if you think they will go though, and the only way to get that would have been if they'd all nominated the big players. Imagine the upset if Ben, Tim, and Drew were up by themselves... not going to work with six nominess though.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nominations this season are pre recordeed so they may be refusing them and just not showing it. Plus they may be editing the reasons given to make them look stupid or otherwise try to manuipulate the voters.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Glad they gave the bands real songs, so they didn't have to make up their own. There have been some awful ones in the past.

Politicians bringing their sexy daughters to stump for votes!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Interesting show today(yesterday.) AU votes on a Saturday? Maybe we should as well; that would solve the problem of having to go vote after work and worrying what time the polls closed, eh?

Re Drew needing to save someone, I feel his relationship with Tully has gone beyond that to the point it's ruining his relationship with Jade. What's he going to do if (when...puleeeezz) Tully leaves this week? He even snuck away from the boys to go to Tully's bed at night. He's hopeless. I really liked his friendship with Jade. Maybe they need to talk more or something.

Just watched the Tues. night feeds also and WOW, Ed can dance. He is such a good dancer. It was fun watching all of them dancing all over the yard and in the pool.

Loved what Jade said about Jasmine's message, lol. I also like the split of the guys/gals. It's making different friendships and we're seeing different parts of their personalities.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's compulsory to vote too, so maybe that's why they have it at the weekend.

That Party show was actually really good this week, some great answers in the truth section of it.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
What do you mean, compulsory, Kitt? What happens if you don't like any of the candidates?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I guess you can leave the vote for a section of the form blank (e.g. you could just fill in the local elections part if you didn't like anyone for Prime Minister). The ballots themselves are still anonymous so they only really check that you register at the polling place, not what you do in the booth.

If you noticed all the political ads they were shown though, there are MANY parties you can vote for, even for Prime Minister, not like the US two party system, so I would guess most people would find someone who fits mostly with their feeling.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I hated that the show had so much filler. I had to fast forward through some bits.

Mistletoe

07-23-2008

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistletoe a private message Print Post    
I had to play catch up today, so I haven't been to this thread in a while. Wanted to say a big Thank You! to the mod who put up the banner!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They have shortened and simplified the "Showdown" even more this week. I guess the ratings are really bad and/or they have no budget to work with,

Anyway, Mikayla won it so saved herself yet again and put up Ben.
I wish she had put up Ed.

Tully, of course, is pissed off again, this time because in round 2 she knocked Mikayla's ball closer to the target and ended up putting her through to the final round.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I checked the official Battle of the Bands section of the website, but of course the videos are region locked like every other video on the site.

I wonder if the hit still counts. Probably will, so they can brag about their inflated hit count.

BB anounced to them that the videos " have ust gone live to the world".

Umm, no, they didn't. They went live to Australia and maybe New Zealand and Tasmania.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I guess they posted them on Youtube where they are viewable elsewhere, but there are hardly any views.

Im sick of hearing the stupid songs anyway, but was curious if they really were also region locked on youtube.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They always seem too old to be doing "boy band" type songs, it seems it should be more of a teenage thing.

Happy for Mikkayla. It will be interesting to see the vote split between Ben and Tim, I should think Tim will get the most but I expect Ben will get a big chunk (and Drew). So my guess is Heidi going home with a single figure percentage and then Tully and Tahan will have a slightly higher but still low vote count.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
It's odd they would put them on Youtube and then region lock them, especially when they told the HG's their videos were being seen by the world. I haven't found them yet, but possibly someone will upload them where we can view them. Both the guys and the gals' videos were great.

Glad Mikkala won and saved herself and Tully acted her usual pouty self. She is the most manipulative person I've ever seen...to the point of being scary. They just have to vote her out this week.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Of course I want Tully to leave this week. But I expect it will be Heidi.

They really need to have one week where they are all up for eviction and they have a vote to EVICT instead of SAVE. It is the one sure way to get rid of Tully.

I read that it sounds like they are looking at their files to find a love interest for Jade to put in the house as an intruder. Kind of like Sam last year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's the boy one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9bJamIIOw

And here's the girl one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuyS_V2aS4U

I don't know if that's the official BBAus youtube, but the videos play in the US.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The videos on the official site where they are counting the hits for the task are region locked, but the Youtube videos are not.

It looks like the "BigBrotherAU" Youtube channel is the official one.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
These look like the official youtube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzTLjkooRjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EijDgFtl5BE