TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through September 03, 2013 users admin

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
Rachel and Brendon's wedding was on David Tutera today. I watched because I wanted to see Elissa and their mom. Well I saw them. They all have that same mouth/lip thing going on. Their mom is kinda of over the top too, so I can see why Rachel is how she is. Elissa is quite a bit smaller than Rachel too. Interesting to compare.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Live Chat Photos

CBS

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
There was an article about Aaryn's mother defending her daughter in today's LA Times - hard copy newspaper. I don't know if it is in the on line version, but she says her daughter is not racist and that CBS exploited and embarrassed her.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Whaaaaaawaaaaahwaaaa, goes Aaryns mom.

Oh shut up and make some rice.

Chere

08-10-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chere a private message Print Post    
I know this is a broad stroke, but Aaryn's behavior is a direct result of her upbringing, imo. Even Aaryn admitted on the feeds that a lot of her anti-PC opinions come from her father.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-big-brother-aaryn-gries20130903,0,409109.story

Here's the on line article with Aaryns mom..

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't wish misfortune on anyone but I do not feel sorry for GM or Aaryn when it comes to their J O B S. Serves them right for letting those vile comments come out of their little potty mouths. It is one thing to think those thoughts and an entirely different thing to actually say them out loud in 2013.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Thinking or saying/meaning the things that have come out of both their mouths is the same to me. I don't see a distinction.

My bestie is a black person so when I say derogatory things about blacks it doesn't count.

I have an Asian family member so when I say shut up and make rice it doesn't count as being racially uncouth.

I wonder what their spin machine thought of Elizabeth's interview?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thank you for finding that article on line Lilfair. I'm not good at finding things on line but I can turn the pages of a newspaper. LOL

I guess I can say that all men are scum because I have a son. It's OK for Spencer to call women names because he has a girlfriend and a mother. They said those things, they are hurtful things to say, they are at best insensitive but actually quite racist. JMO

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i don't know why people can't understand that cbs does not do ANYTHING. they didn't even show the worst of it. it happens on LIVE FEEDS which are not edited.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Lil yes it is wrong to think them, but you can 't get fired that way.

Chere

08-10-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chere a private message Print Post    
That article and the underlying excuse that Aaryn is being made an example of for ratings may prompt production to call out Amanda and GM for their actions too when it's their turn to be interviewed by Julie.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Missyb

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 12:32 pm --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While they are sleeping, this is Wil Heuser's latest. It is hysterical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWsUg50DVs

Gidget:

OMG I love me some Wil. That boy is so talented.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I will say this about Aaryn's mom...she is a much better parent than Evil Dick in my opinion. She does not condone the behavior but she continues to express love and support for her daughter, which is what any loving parent should do. They are your child no matter!!!

Many on this site and myself included felt that Aaryn was ambushed when she was evicted by Julie Chen and CBS. There has never been another time when the audience was allowed to hiss and boo.

Usually BB has very strict rules for the audience.

Aaryn will be held accountable and has already begun to pay the price for what she has done but to be ambushed publicly like that was taking it a little over the top IMHO.

Nala63

09-20-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
imo its about time julie addressed the guests, hope she gives as much to others also. also about time people were allowed to boo and hiss. the fake cheering is foolish.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ambushed isn't how I would describe the post eviction interview. Julie called her out on what she has said in the house. She's done that often with other evicted house guests throughout the shows 15 seasons.

The only difference here is that Julie called Aaryn out on her saying racist things like saying about Helen, an Asian American....oh shut up and make rice.

Julie would be reamed out if she gave Aaryn a pass on the racist comments Aaryn made.

Evidently Aaryn's mother doesn't know Aaryn very well.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
There has never been another time when the audience was allowed to hiss and boo.

BB6 winner Maggie exited to many boos and hisses... I think Ivette may have had a few as well.

I do not remember any since then until Aaryn's, but Aaryn isn't the only one booed and hissed.

The booing I didn't think was that extensive. It was the laughing that made me feel bad for her.

Everytime Aaryn tried to justify what she said, the audience broke out in laughter and snorts...

Debbieeeee

09-16-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbieeeee a private message Print Post    
The audience that was there when Aaryn was evicted was not the general public but made up mostly of BB and CBS employees - which I believe was the reason they were allowed to hiss, boo and laugh

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Kep several posters here have been in the audience and that was what they reported back...TPTB were very strict about what the audience could do...only cheering.

They seem to have changed the rules for Aaryn's eviction.

So if this is typical post interview stuff we can expect Julie to question Amanda about her comments on all the horrid things she would like see happen to Ellisa?

Peeper

06-14-2004

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I think Julie did a good job but I hated to see it because I feel like it will somehow affect her jury vote.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Debieeee did you read this post from someone who was in the audience?

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBInDepth&Number=20749960&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&rc=&fpart=1

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think it's clear that racist comments are different than calling names like female dog etc. Racial slurs always need to be addressed. They should have been addressed immediately and people should have been taken out of the game, period. We should never condone or permit that kind of talk. If for no other reason than to honor all those lives lost to lynchings in this country. Hate speech towards other races tends to ignite and give permission for violence. That's the difference. Julie was right on calling Aaryn out.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I agree Boberg... but I do remember Maggies exit...all the booing and such...

I think that is when they started controlling the audience more...

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
I think the booing and the questions by Julie is just a precursor for what she can expect when she gets out in the real world. A little confrontation for her behavior might help her to realize how bad it will be. If Julie had said nothing and the audience not allowed to show some real emotion, can you imagine the shock of being fired and reading all these internet articles about herself when she got out?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Lard, that is a good point. Aaryn is getting enough info to realize what she said is hurtful to an entire race of people. It will be less shocking when she finds out she's on the outs with civilized society which includes the modeling field and entertainment world.