TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2013: Celebrity Big Brother (Summer): Archive through August 26, 2013 users admin

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I can't believe the train wrecks they put in this year lmao. Lauren has wanted this for years though and really she did look relatively okay going in. Courtney Stodden - Emma said American Sweetheart I could not do anything but scream WHAT??? Dustin looks so grown up, actually not that bad looking. Did they really need to have a TOWIE and Geordie Shores?? We knew that Carol McGiffin would go in they have been saying it since Colleen went in. Loved Abz being so real about his reason for going in.

I am pleased with the cast this year yes a few nutjobs and but for the most part I don't know them but am looking forward to it.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I've never heard of Courtney Stodden.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I only know her because of the fuss when she was just 16 and married the 50 year old, but she was described as a reality star, I don't know what she was in though. It's her squeaky voice that's going to get to me, I've had to turn the tv down already.

Ceremony of judgement in tonight's live show (from yesterday):

Louie offers Ron to face eviction
Sophie offers Courtney to face eviction
Lauren offers Carol to face eviction

"Tomorrow" (I think this means later in tonight's live show) they secretly choose one of the three mentioned above to face eviction. It's still not clear but I think they're saying other nominees will be made in other ways (normal voting??).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Courtney's fibbing when she said she's been married three years, it's been just over two, And there have been rumours of break ups and make ups.

Link for Puzzled with a picture of the hubby, you might recognise him, he always plays creepy guys (which didn't help the bad image of marrying a 16 year old):
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/07/doug-hutchison-on-marriage-to-courtney-stodden-god-connected-us/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live: the Cult members are to enter the house, but not tell them where they've been (act like new housemates).

Louie will enter the house last, with a bottle of champagne, and whoever he gives the champagne to will be their actual nominee for eviction.

Louie gives the champagne to Ron so Ron is up for eviction.

Further twist: BB is going to tell the house that the viewers put Ron up for eviction. This is a lie.

BB also told them viewers now have 24 hours to vote for anyone (including the Cult members) to be the other nominees. This is also a lie.

Actually the Cult members are going to choose two more nominees over the weekend.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Live feed link (with VLC)

http://brightcove03-f.akamaihd.net/BB1_01_800@104596

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Courtney Stodden @ 16 married a 51yo actor (played Horace Godspeed in Lost) reality star due to VH1 Couples Therapy. I only saw it onscreen for a few minutes, but remember the other couples complaining about them & asking her to put more clothes on.

Carol & Charlotte have become drinking buds & sharing exploits lol. Mario is eying Carol up, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make a move within the next 2 weeks. Charlotte is a wild child, but she is a nice person & funny.

I am loving the late night live feed!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The story told is that Courtney Stodden at age 16, signed up on the Internet for an acting workshop taught by actor Doug Hutchison. Hutchison, who did not realize that she was a teenager, began a courtship with her over the Internet that lasted between 4-6 months, during which they fell in love before having met in person. After Hutchison became aware of Stodden’s age, he told her mother, Krista, who had monitored their online exchanges, and was aware of their relationship and their age difference, that he would cease his relationship with Stodden if her parents disapproved. Her parents, citing Stodden’s "devout Christianity", allowed her to make her own decision.

On May 20, 2011, Stodden married Hutchison in Las Vegas, Nevada. Stodden is his third wife. Their relationship drew controversy and criticism, as Stodden was 16 when she married 51-year-old Hutchison, who has been labeled a "pedophile". According to Hutchison, as a result of his marriage to Stodden, his agent quit, his family disowned him and he received death threats.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's unfortunate for the actor that he's known for creepy roles. If he is completely innocent in intent (i.e. he just fell in love with her the person, without knowing she was so young) he has the extra hurdle that a lot of us who know of him have trouble separating the creepy characters from Doug the person. For me, even after Lost, he will always be "Tooms" on X-Files, and those two episodes he was in were some of the creepiest episodes ever!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Kitt. I just can't imagine why Courtney's husband wouldn't try to tone her down somewhat. She has a beautiful face and, IMO, could be a classic beauty, instead of...I'm lost for words.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i think the fact is he played it up, if you just fall in love and want to be together you let it all die down but they both fan the flames.

Apparently there is going to be a formal warning for racist language..wonder who it is..

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Carol got the warning for repeating what Rob (Rod?) allegedly said that got him fired from his TV sports commentary job.

So because she said "the n word", she got a warning.
Seems a bit harsh but she honestly should have known better,

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ron. Definitely harsh but I totally agree, she should have known better.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
She's on a daily TV talk show right? So she obviously knows what happened to Paula Dean recently with the current media climate towards that particular word.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The thing is on British TV you would be allowed to repeat the n-word in a reporting capacity if someone else said it. Maybe in slightly hushed tones in deference(?) to the word but you could say it on a chat show when talking about what someone else said. (Proper News shows would just say something about "a racial slur," the phrase "n-word" isn't used so much over there, a bit more common recently due to copying of the American way but that's a newish thing.) You would obviously be frowned upon and there would be repercussions if you used it negatively in any way (like Ron did) but I don't think the n-word as journalism is forbidden on tv. Channel 5 are just being ultra cautious to avoid viewer complaints.

I would doubt she knows who Paula Dean is. I didn't until I came over here. Her style of cooking wouldn't have much audience over there and I'm not sure I've even seen her shows on the cooking channels.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Of course she wouldnt know who Paula Dean was, but she probably would have heard about the recent controversy. I had never heard of her either until she was all over the news for several days straight for admitting she said that particular word 30 years ago.

As for the "N word" thing, I only used that ridiculous abbreviation for this site.

That whole thing is a bit funny. Its a PC way for everybody to use the word without actually saying it, yet everybody knows exactly what it means so how is it any different really? Now that theres a "safe" way to say that word, its referenced in the media hundreds of times as often as it used to be,

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if that controversy made it over there. I would guess not, but maybe.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Maybe not to the general public but she works in the television "news" media. It might concern her when a fellow female TV host can lose her entire career so quickly over something like that.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sorry double post

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I want to thank Sophie for nominating Courtney. Ohhhhh..that voice of Courtney's has to go. Why does she go so high all the time? I can't listen to her, so I have to lower the volume, then can't hear all the others.

I like Mario, but not the other guy who was in a band so much. The gal from Geordie Shore is cute but holy cow the things she's said she's done. That doesn't fit the girl I'm seeing in the house.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Who is Louis upset with regarding his sleeping arrangements? He was talking to Carol on the Sat. LF's but he talked so low I couldn't hear.

Something about Louis say he was so pi*sed and Carol said, "Yeah, you got the raw deal" Then she said something about him switching with someone.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Feel like I'm talking to myself, but just have to post this. The three in power are making me upset, or should I say the two (Sophie/Louis) who are pulling the strings are irritating me. They walk right over Lauren.

Lol @ Louis picking Abz, who is Sophie's little protégé meant the other two had more of a chance of being nommed. I'm furious Sophie nommed Danielle. She said something like she wasn't even known.

How about we might like watching her, Sophie? You aren't the judge and jury of everything. I liked Sophie at first, but now I'm seeing an entirely different person. The fact her friend let her stay in jail all night says it all. Cannot wait for her to be nommed and voted out. She and Louis are the worst two on the show.

Puzzled stated:
I've never heard of Courtney Stodden.

I hadn't heard of her either, Puzzled. During some conversation in the house, Lauren asked Courtney how old she was when she started acting and Courtney said 12. What?? I looked everywhere and found nothing about her acting as a child.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I always get a day or two behind at the weekend, Cricket. I'll catch up tomorrow, hopefully, and be more talkative!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to split my obsession with BBAU & CBB lol. Watching the shows & live feeds twice a day.

Cricket, I'm keeping up with your comments but I missed the Louis controversy or tuned him out.

Is Courtney nominated? I thought it was just Ron, Sophie & Vickie. (the red head, the irish blond & the older big man) I think they each picked one to consider & then the 3 had to agree on the final nominee & did one each day.

I wish the 3 cult members were up with their nominees. I could do without any of them.

I would hate to lose the nominees yet. Ron, I'm afraid, is going to be too afraid to say anything though. He can't seem to help himself & has already got a warning. He apparently lost his job for saying stuff, so isn't building a lot of bridges.

I am loving the Charlotte/Carol show! They are both really funny. I was surprised that Charlotte wasn't drinking tonight. She seemed a little agitated at Carol tonight.
I am loving the live feeds, I wish we had more hours but at least the 2 hours they show are the very best of the day.

I think Courtney's starting at age 12 meant that she knew at age 12 that she wanted to be famous. She was in the pageant circuit, so probably started there at age 12. Her television debut was on VH1's "Couples Therapy" after she was married. I believe this has been her only foray into television/movies before CBB.

I don't believe the story told about how Courtney & her husband met. He's a busy character actor. I didn't know him but looked him up on IMDB & he stays busy. So him offering online acting lessons doesn't make sense & even if he did how would a 16yo afford it. Online acting classes don't even make sense - it requires interaction, emotions, etc. I don't know. They say he never met her til he was in love & didn't know her age. She was a child that should have been enough to dissuade him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sophie is the model who's a cult member, Danielle is the Irish real housewife, Courtney is the young blonde American. I presume it's Danielle or Courtney that's up, because I don't think the Cult members could nominate themselves (I'm still behind).