TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2013 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think the others just don't want to spend a week with Tully whinging & moping & all the negative energy - especially now that there is no HWH to contain it. I bet no one will pick her for the swap & end up the butt of the tirade but at least that would have shortened her time on the block but wouldn't guarantee she would go & then they'd be stuck with her in whinge mode probably for the whole series.

The luxury food budget for this week if they win is $650 & the basic budget if they lose is $65. That's a *huge* difference.

I'm going to hate no Saturday or Sunday show. At least they didn't cut into a whole hour for the showdown. The ratings for the Saturday show were half that of the M-F shows, that's why it was cut.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
If they lose the food task, they dont have to buy everything they eat with that $65. They get their weekly staples no matter what, without spending any of their shopping money.

Im sure it sucks and its bland eating chick peas, bread, sardines and baked beans all the time, but its still better than slop.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know why Jade didn't pick Tully to swap herself with. She doesn't seem to like her and she said something about the safe group being mostly her friends. I think Jasmin will go too, she's made least positive impact. Mikkayla and Ben are safe I'd think, Matt seems safe given the last voting result, I think the sister will have fans. Not sure about Tahan.

I could eat beans on toast for every meal every day. I actually had it as a "treat" on my birthday (treat because English (same as Australian) baked beans are not so easy to find here).

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think Jade didn't pick Tully because she couldn't bare the wrath of Tully. It would appear spiteful, getting rid of Drew's bed mate. It may have pissed Drew off (prob not). From what we've seen, Tully appears to be Jade's friend - she spent time with her at the fence. I think Tully has emotionally black mailed the group or maybe she is part of the "cool kids". I think for Jade, Ben was just an easy target, she probably knows after hearing the cheers that he is safe & if he quietly holds a grudge, it won't affect her.

I really think they don't nom her due to her whining & moaning but I think this week they've had enough. They wouldn't risk voting for her with a superpower but without, she's probably vulnerable.

Another correction lol Tim's actually a Taurus.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Yes, I believe none of them want to deal with the wrath of Tully. None of them nommed her when they thought she might be listening. And Jade didn't want to look her in the face and pick her either. But I think next week when Tully hopefully will not have the super power that she will get noms.

If Jasmine does leave. Who will she leave the super power to?

Tully tells Drew she is worried what she will do if he leaves first. I laughed. I don't think there is much chance that Drew will be booted before her. He has a lot more fans than she does.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But using her as replacement rather than initial nominee would shorten the period of wrath, plus Jade already doesn't have a good relationship with her. I guess she needed to take an easier option.

Tully thinks Drew might leave first?!??! Actually Drew needs to be more blunt with separating himself from her, if that's still what he wants to do (I haven't seen today's show yet). The longer he leaves it the crazier she's going to get. That phone call (that Jade deleted) from Tully's girlfriend sounded pretty plaintive, I thought it would clue Tully into the fact that she was being watched.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was trying to figure out why everyone was so upset about Tim's non B'day party, especially the girls, but then realized that BB usually provides dinner & extras & there was no need to make dinner.

Probably when it got *way* too late & everyone is overly hungry & wondering when dinner would be arriving does Tim fess up that it was just a joke. So food prep wasn't planned or even started & it was probably left up to the girls to make dinner last minute.

The guys felt manipulated that the day was turned into "The Tim Show" & with them all competing for air time, this was a little OTT. I was surprised that they got upset over giving up gym time for half an hour. It's not like they have somewhere to go & couldn't use the gym for the other 23.5 hours.

Tully "avoids" Drew by walking in & out of whatever room he is in stomping her feet & sulking. She was in & out of the BR 2x & then followed him into the bathroom. I'm betting he can't wait for her to be evicted & is regretting allowing her to cling on.

They all have to walk a fine line between not pissing people off so they won't get nommed. So Ed, Drew are sending mixed messages. Tully has planted herself in Drew's bed & marked her territory. I'm guessing Jade is staying away from Drew hoping not to dissuade Ed. She's got Ben & the sugar sisters telling her it's not you, he wants you, just not in front of cameras.

I don't have a clue of who is close to whom. All I know is Jasmine won't give the superpower to Jade lol.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Wow! Thank you for putting the faces of the 'housemates' on top of the thread. What a bunch of great looking people!!

I've been busing watching the last 3 episodes, Wow, after two hours of watching I almost spoke like them. I understand all of the girls but sometimes the guys, especially Matt, Ed and Caleb are hard on my ears. Their Aussie drawl is too heavy. Tim and Ben talk slowly and it's easy to understand what they say.

I love that BB keeps them busy with various challenges, the most comic one was the golf ball kissing with Caleb and Matt. How funny!

I still don't get what Tully is doing with Drew, obviously they know she is in a relationship with a girl and so what is she doing messing with Drew. And you must wonder why Drew is kinda of cold with her, both of them in bed to get settled for the night and she removes or puts on the retainer??? (I mean for her teeth)...eek!!

Aussie BB is a naughty one but I like the way the housemates are paired for the various challenges. Poor Tahan eating those yucky hot dogs, was that the only challenge they lost. Mmm..

Jade obviously had to save herself but by putting Ben as a replacement was less damaging than putting Ed. She must have known the audience love Ben and he will not be evicted. However, Mikkayla was right thinking that this endangered her because the other nominees are all great looking people.. She should be more confident because she got a very good edit on the show with Mr. Clooney and the audience like that. I think Jasmine is more likely to go and I wouldn't mind that.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
According to the Live Feed Updates the HMs had a nice dinner in the backyard. They got drunk and Jade ended up sleeping in bed with Ed.

I wish we got shows on the weekend.

Heidi really is the worst gossip in the house. She can leave anytime.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Apparently Jade also showered topless and everyone was scandalized...lol...man oh man what would they have thought of those housemates that showered nude in the start of the serie...lol

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
According to the Live Feed Updates Jade slept in the bed with Ed, but the next night she was back in Ben's bed. Tully said that Tim said that Ed was so freaked out about her in his bed that Ed was hanging off the edge of the bed.

Weekends are long without my daily fix lol.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Weekends are long without my daily fix lol.

Horribly long, Willwillbee. I miss my BB AU so much. Jade needs to give up on Ed and cultivate some female friends in the house.

Ed is a such a wimp anyway...won't get involved in anything. I thought he was so great at first. I like Drew but so wish he would stay away from Tully.

Please let Tully and Heidi be nommed this week. Heidi acts two-faced. It blows me away when goes an hugs Jade after talking about her behind her back.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I am worried that if Jasmin is booted she will give the Super Power to Tully or Heidi. I want them both nommed this week.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I don't think she will give it to Tully but I kinda see her giving it to Heidi.

i would really like to see more of the boys in the eviction mix.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Fair trade lol - we lost the Saturday showdown but starting 8/27 we will get 2.5 hours of BB on Tuesdays (only). The regular 1.5hr daily show & a weekly 1 hour special show (almost 2 hours of airtime).

I knew about the new show before but wasn't sure if it would cut into the daily show time & I was afraid the Saturday Showdown would be moved & cut into the daily show. Hopefully it won't be expanded to more than a quick challenge. I personally prefer to have an extra hour of house info rather than an hour long challenge. So although it makes for a long week end, I'm glad to let the Saturday showdown go for this.

For up to the minute fixes, I've found house info at these sites -

Besides video updates which can be found here -

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?48903-BB10-Live-Feed-Updates/page86

there is a written summary of the daily events here -

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/daily-wash/

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/news/8707461/the-divide-is-conquered-but-big-brother-keeps-the-chaos-coming

Beginning Tuesday August 27, Big Brother will offer you a more intimate insight into the lives of the Big Brother Housemates as part of a brand new show called Late Night Feast.

Going where the prime-time daily show cannot, Late Night Feast is your chance to hear the Housemates talk candidly about grown-up issues.

“We have Housemates this year who are having conversations that we can’t show at 7pm,” says Big Brother Executive Producer Alex Mavroidakis.

“It’s not Uncut, this is a smut free zone. When you place a core of intelligent forward-thinking Housemates in close confines they’re going to have mature and insightful conversation. This is our way to give you a closer, more intimate, look at the people who’ve captured Australia’s attention.”

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Wow... Tonight when Sonia talked live to the house and spoke to Tully, she actually got booed.

Being more used to BBUK, I didn't think much of it at first, but getting boos on BB Australia NEVER happens. The only time I recall it happening was ONE time way back and Gretel really tore in to the audience for booing.

The fact that Tully got boos and the house heard it will be a big deal with the housemates, and I imagine it will hit Tully pretty hard.

Of course we may never see anything of it if they decide it doesn't fit the storyline.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The new nomination format is working perfectly in getting out the boring/unseen people first.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Getting boos just gives Tully something else to cry about. She cried at the eviction more than the person evicted. Let's make it all about Tully again. And of course it is probably a bid to get the Super Power too. At least that didn't work.

Very happy to see how much Matt's support has dropped.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did they hear the boos though? I wasn't sure if it was loud enough for them to hear it. I'll be interested to see how Tully reacts if no one else mentions it to her. Tim's going to have fun with it!

Glad to see the latest evictee! Good for the house I think. The show was formatted slightly differently too, a lot more of the weekend's activities, and they cut down the eviction stuff a bit. There still must be three or four days of stuff all shoved into that first 45 minutes though.

Yes, big slip for Matt!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
That makes sense for why Tully was so OTT crying. She's just imagining that the next time she's up for noms that she will be out the door.

It didn't make sense to me, she didn't seem that close to Jasmine. I did notice that everyone put Tully on ignore & didn't try to console her.

I was also really surprised not only by Matt's drop but the sister's getting #2 top saves.

Nominees

Ben, Mikkayla, Tahan, MAtthew, Jasmin, Sisters

If it was the 80's

Mikkayla, Tahan, Jasmin would have perms
Ben, MAtthew would have mullets
Tahan, MAtthew, Jasmin would streak

Ben, Mikkayla, Tahan, MAtthew & Lucy wouldn't pash (kiss) a HM, only Katie & Jasmin said they would. (I may have confused the sisters' names)
Ben, Mikkayla, Jasmin, Sisters hate conflict (but I think 2 lied)
Tahan, MAtthew like conflict
Ben, Tahan think they are a threat
Tahan, Matthew, Jasmin, Sisters think they can win

Vote to Save
31% Ben,
22% Sisters
15% Mikkayla,
13% MAtthew,
13% Tahan,
6% Jasmin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was surprised about the sisters too. They're likeable but I'm not sure I'd spend money to vote for them. And I thought Mikkayla might have more votes, although she has been seen less on the show and she did show a bit of a mean side.

Good point about Tully crying so hard, yeah, that was maybe the release about the boos. She just didn't seem to react so much at the time so I thought she might not have heard.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Tully heard the boos. Drew commented about it to her.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They always listen very closely for the crowd reactions when Sonia talks to them with a live audience as its pretty much the only outside info they get.

At least until they get the letters and calls from home and video chats.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
But ya'll are right about the Australian audience, it's really rare for them to boo a HM - loud cheers are common but they are usually polite & not a rowdy lot like the UK fans. Not that there is anything wrong with that lol I would have thought it was the other way around - I usually think of the brits as being reserved & the aussies as being the wild bunch.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Caleb got penalized for talking noms.