TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through August 25, 2013 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Once the game is over and the the fan favorite is picked, we the viewers can bury this season.

There will be some satisfaction knowing that for all the poop "they" talked about Elissa she'll come out of this game whole and intact unlike almost all the rest.

Elissa has a good chance of winning the fan fave vote and that would make her summer be worth it.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure the players voting for MVP would work.

It would just turn into another "tool" to convince someone they are on "their side"...

"You can trust me cause I voted for YOU to me MVP!!" All the while hoping the other person gets the blood on their hands... LOL

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
I loved the twist. It scared the hgs to death and caused rampant paranoia. They still are talking about it and they still don't have it figured out.

It did cost Judd the game (Amanda used is at her excuse to lose evict Judd). But I loved it. It kept them worrying.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I loved the twist too...

It was just enough to keep those in power off balance.

Since its gone away, the evictions have been VERY predictable and boring...

ETA... Not sure if we vote MVP or the actuall MVP Nominee is better... but either way, I thought the 3rd nom ROCKED.

I would like the nominees to be able to vote with three on the block. the chances of them canceling each other out is low... and then people can't be put up just so they won't be able to vote.

It would give the nominees more power over staying or leaving...

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Aside from the language, Dick's argument fails in logic and reasoning. He claims that the MVP took away from the power of the HOH but that's not actually what happened. McCrae, the first HOH, used the MVP to ADD to his power, getting out a strong player while seeming to be a passive follower of the house. He came out of that HOH in a very strong position. Now, obviously the second HOH was undermined but a huge chunk of that was the arrogance of the Moving Company alliance in thinking they ran the house. That often happens to HOHs, whether there is an MVP or not.

The next four MVP noms did not take any power away from the HOH. It's true that the Amanda nomination sent her on a rampage through the house but, let's be real, there is very little needed to set her off. Jessie was a huge target just because she supposedly had a crush on McCrae and that had NOTHING to do with the MVP.

The dynamic in the house developed during Helen's HOH, with Helen running around crowing about "the people's HOH" and demanding loyalty oaths and trying to claim anyone lying was "bad". Amanda did the same thing. Because Amanda had McCrae and Andy to smooth things over for her (and feed her information to go on attacks), she came out ahead of Helen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jabel, and Kep, I liked the twist too. It was really the ONLY interesting thing about this season.

It was a way of telling them who we liked and who we didn't. And I liked that too.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
It changed the power of the HOH because it was more important to be the MVP's ally than the HOH. IMO.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I agree Shenanagon... it did change that aspect...

Which is why I think it worked so well. Since you weren't always sure where the other power was, you had to be skilled enough to look at EVERYBODY as a possible ally!!

No more picking people based on looks and physical prowess...HG's can't afford to dismiss another HG because they talk funny, or don't meet their criteria of a "cool" person.

having just one power in the house is a little boring... spreading the power around changes the dynamics of the game and makes it WAY more interesting in my book...

I hope they bring the MVP back and make it part of the game permanently.

ETA... and this from a person who absolutely dislikes America's voting.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
It wasn't MVP twist that has ruined this game, it is the herd mentality of the people in this season. We must vote unanimously and what the house wants has taken individual play and suspense out of the game. MVP twist in a house that wasn't full of lemmings would be awesome.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Exactly Azriel. And that herd mentality was created by Helen and Amanda, then reinforced by the snitch Andy, who came running with any possible deviations from "the house".

It's really a classic pattern of the development of a dictatorship. No one dares to rebel out of fear of repercussions.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
If they hadn't all realized Elissa was getting MVP then I'd agree with you Kep.

It would have made the game more intriguing having an unknown mystery HOH in the game, but once she told (I don't blame her for using it to gain allies) and Amanda pulled her in and formed the herd (ty Azriel) then the game became less about anything but herd voting.

Kep421

08-10-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
but remember Shenanagon, Elissa TOLD them she got it...

Elissa had the option to tell or keep it to herself. Personally I think she shouldn't have told anyone...

But there's telephone, television and telehelen...

ETA: When America was the MVP, the HG's thought everyone BUT Elissa was the MVP... LOL

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
But Elissa didn't have the MVP after the 3rd week, the MVP has been gone now for 3 evictions and they are still voting like a herd. MVP was used as a threat for a while but if it hadn't been there, the same herd mentality would have still been established due to Helen and Amanda's dominance and Andy's weasiliness.

The flaw in the house is not in the MVP twist, it's in the nature of the HGs.

Edited to add... These people all want to play the "hide behind the biggest target" game. As such, they are all battling for the space BEHIND the target, leaving the target itself undamaged. It's the largest version of the floater game that has ever existed in the house but it has nothing to do with the MVP twist.

Ark

07-09-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I liked the MVP twist too. It made them start playing the game immediately instead of sitting around for two weeks & voting out people for no particular reason. I'm sure it was tossed out this year for the same reason returning players are put in the game, to force them to start playing the game immediately. The use of it this year may have been unique because Elissa is Rachel's sister but I'd like to see it used again in future BBs.

Whynotplay

09-08-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whynotplay a private message Print Post    
I LOVED the MVP twist. I think 3 on the block changed the dynamics a lot - especially since the HOH didn't get to choose the 3rd. But I have to admit, if Elise (or any HOH with no / few allies) gets HOH, a MVP nomination where she would likely lose an ally would sink their game.

What I wish they would do is STOP TELLING THE VOTE COUNT. If the house does not know how the voting went, maybe there would be less of the herd voting.

Chief

08-09-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chief a private message Print Post    
Add me to the list of folks who liked the MVP twist this year. It did help to squash anyone feeling 100% safe and I liked that (because it kept it from being boring and predictable). Amanda and McCrae would not be able to continue what they're doing if MVP was still in play. I love Elissa, but have a feeling that the Brenchel army screwed this up for the remainder of the season!

Here's another suggestion I just thought of for re-using the MVP for next year:
What if, instead of America being the MVP, the 2 nominees compete with each other to have the opportunity to be the MVP? (Well I guess we can't call it MVP if they landed in the nomination chair. But they would win the opportunity to name the 3rd nominee.) First, it would, once again, ensure that even those in the power alliance for the week wouldn't feel safe. Second, that would keep it from becoming boring and predictable. Third, it would give us as the audience another competition to watch. And lastly, the end result should almost always mean that a person from the opposing alliance will be also on the block!

Ohhhh, the drama that would create!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed that the MVP is over because I enjoyed seeing Amanda in the hot seat three weeks in a row.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I loved the MVP twist.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
i enjoyed the mvp twist this season too. however, it ended up not showing (except for the first week) who we really wanted, imo.

just like the hg's, "our vote" became strategic.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Elissa's before and after plastic surgery pics. She is so beautiful in the Before.

http://www.bigbrotherspice.com/2013/07/bb15-elissa-slater-plastic-surgery.html

Lainee

07-19-2005

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
I think she is still beautiful...inside and out!

Wendo

08-07-2000

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wendo a private message Print Post    
I don't know if you can really tell if she had plastic surgery or not. She said she hasn't. Isn't it possible that her nutrition and yoga have allowed her to lose weight and her face changed?

I don't know. I can't tell.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
A lot of young women think they need Angelina Jolie lips to be beautiful when actually their natural lip size suits their face better. IMO.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Elissa stated today she has had no plastic surgery on her face. I am choosing to believe her.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Those pictures were taken very differently and the makeup is different and it looks like vanity photoshopping was done. Proof of nothing. That site is BBs version WND world News daily.