TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 22, 2013 users admin

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I hope the Save results in swapping Tully onto the block. I would love to see Tim win the Showdown and save Mikayla and put up Tully. It would cause the most chaos in the house and I would enjoy it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The save will be the first time the person who has to do the save has no easy option (the person who escaped being on the block due to a tie) for a replacement. I'd love it if whoever it was chose Tully (particularly in the way you suggest it, lol).

I wonder what Tully's idea of "changing" this week is.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Very true about being no easy option for the switch this week. I am kinda hoping to see Mikayla win it just to kick tully's ranting into high gear lol. Matt is going to still cake walk this eviction unless he does something psychopathic between now and Saturday night. Girls tend to go over boys especially fit boys lol.

Of the ones who are up now would not mind seeing Matt or Jasmine leave. I am not a huge Jade fan but she is interesting to watch,. Truthfully it is outsider in me who likes watching the blonde smart model who usually has boys at her feet getting the push back from every boy she tries to crack on with.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I thought Xavier would stay and Tully go... but I can't understand why Tully would have the superpower when she was still on the block, maybe the audience wanted to see what she was going to do with her power and so she was saved.
I still find this confusing, to have the audience still vote to save or evict when already one nominees has won the showdown.
Do you know why they cover their mouth when they say the name of their nomination? I thought nobody can see or hear them in that booth.

For the next eviction I'd rather see Jasmine or the two sisters go...

Tahan is getting dangerously close to permanent nomination, however I hope the audience will keep her long enough because I really like her.
Same thing with Mikkayla, I like her and that cute dog of hers.

Heidi should be getting some nominations, I don't like her very much... but then I'm not there, am I?

They sure did a fun B'day party for Rohan even though he was gone. Already 3 parties in that house and they seem to have a lot of fun, I can't see any lull or boring moment in the house, maybe because they're so many of them, while in the US BB house you can feel the tedium and boredom and nothing is left for them to do but to hate each other.

Well, let's see if these Aussie happy campers will change soon.

One thing I don't like is the prize money, they should really make it more respectable, double that like they get in the US.

Hober

06-26-2004

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
Spunky, this is my 1st year watching BBAU, but I'm assuming they cover their mouth during nominations in case someone has a super power where they can see them nominating but not hear what they say.

As far as the prize amount, I was in a chat room and was told that their prize money are not taxed, not sure if that is true or not but might explain why the amount seems so small to us here is the USA.

I'm predicting that Jas will go home unless she is saved.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like the smaller prize fund, it means the contestants are in it for more than the money. Or hopefully it means that. The UK ones only get £100,000 (about $170,000) too.

They hide their mouths in the voting booth because they think others can lip read off reflections. Last season they didn't do that in the early votes and people were saying they knew who'd nominated them because they watched their mouth.

Kind of reassuring to see the big party for Rohan, it means BB didn't know (for sure) he was going.

I want Mikkayla and Jade to stay, I don't care about the rest. Maybe I'd prefer the sisters to stay too but I'm not that bothered about them.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
The thing with the prize funds is you are looking at a rating blockbuster on CBS for years it was a number one show during the summer, that is very cheap for them to make. Where as the one in the AU and even UK have been canceled and switched networks in order to survive. The AU one used to have an elaborate prize fund (even a million one year) and every contestant got gifts from sponsors but with the new channel they don't seem to get that. Truthfully you have to look at it an think if you win you are still getting a huge chunk of change okay not enough that you will never have to work again but enough to justify a couple months out of your life.

They still vote for Save in Australia, which is the same as last year and is not as complicated as when they had the Save/Evict format a couple years back never could get the hang of that.

If Tully had gone she would have just passed her superpower to someone else. They couldn't stop people from voting for Tully because the lines would have been open for a couple days and what would they do refund the money? The superpower doesn't mean you are safe.

I am very interested in seeing how things pan out with the wall coming down.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see a shock boot of Matt. But I know that will not happen. I expect Jasmine would go out of this 6. But it depends what happens after the swap.

I remember in the past they would start with a larger prize pot and they would take money out of it for rule violations. They really lost a lot at times and would nom HMs that caused them to lose too much money.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt for breaking down the noms & Tully's points. I kept rewinding it trying to see how she screwed up. I had wished it was all together on one page & ta da you did it for me! I really appreciate it.

Tully didn't make a lot of sense - either she did it deliberately or got flustered. I would think with all the time she had to sit there through noms, she would have come up with a better answer. Guarantee to nom Matt or take a chance that he has a 1 in 4 chance not to be picked (or at maybe saved). hmmmmm

Spunky, If Tully had been evicted, she would have passed the superpower on to another HM. It was a vote to save & not a vote to evict. Two others had less appeal to save than she did.

They are in a house full of 2 way mirrors. Tim said Tully was always trying to lip read. Last year towards the end, they weren't allowed to cover their mouths.

Spunky, Why don't you like Heidi?

I would bet they already had Rohan's cake & party supplies ordered & planned. I'm sure it was all done before nom were finalized. Speaking of so many bdays, Thursday is Tim's B'Day. So a lot of Leos (big shock).

They stay upbeat in this house. BB keeps them fairly busy with tasks & stuff. I don't know about this year but in past years, they've had chores assigned to do daily - including baking bread (up at crack of dawn, kneading dough, the whole bit). I haven't seen any bread baking but they really haven't shown much at all of the house so far. They used to have animals to tend - chickens for eggs. Maybe they had a real cow to milk or attend. I know a baby goat, sheep & llama.

They don't plot & scheme so much in this house. BBAU is real serious & punishes it's HM fairly severely * especially about nom talk, even hints would have serious consequences. Sometimes it's just a funny type tedious task - needle in the haystack or sorting hair by color. One year they deducted from the prize fund for everything - mic's off -$5000.

The HM usually stay cheery throughout the show.

I don't know if they get a stipend, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Apparently this year at least, the first few don't get prizes but I thought one year everyone got a car. The longer they are there, the more prizes they get & towards the end, everyone gets a car & maybe even cash & other prizes.

The exchange rate as of 8/21/2013 $250,000 AUD = $225,868.65 USD

Most years (like this year) the prize has been $250,000 AUD but it was up to a million once. (also 426k 450k & 836k). Most years there is no mention of a prize & one year they told them there was no prize but then they did tasks to make a prize fund.

* from wiki -

Big Brother 2005 introduced a fines system in which the $1,000,000 cash prize was decreased by $5,000 each time a housemates violated a rule of Big Brother. The house used for the 2006 season featured a Punishment Room, where housemates would sometimes be sent to be punished in addition to the $5,000 fine. In Big Brother 2007, some changes were made. These monetary fines were subtracted from the household budget rather than from the prize money, while the Punishment Room remained.

In Big Brother 2012 there was a small, rectangular shaped room, linked to the lounge. This room was the Naughty Corner. This room was similar to the Punishment Room of the sixth and seventh series. The eighth and ninth series' featured no fines system at all. Instead, Big Brother used the original striking system more frequently that meant when a housemate received three strikes they were evicted.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Another BBUK's greatest hits task.

They sure are pushing for Ben to get the win this year. Giving him the perfect opportunity to play the sympathy card yet again by having him deny seeing his mum in the diary room.

Then they do the exact same spray tan bit used in the same task in BBUK.

They are even copying themselves after having copied BBUK last year. They did the yes/no task at least twice last season in various incarnations.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I always liked when they were assigned chores for the week. I haven't heard it mentioned this season. Didn't they make their bread outside in the pizza type oven last season? They probably don't have animals or we would have heard about it by now.

The US version would be more enjoyable if they had tasks each week to gain their food money. Instead they have the dreaded Havenots that eat slop. It would give the people in the house something to do and us something to watch.

I read that Tully's girlfriend has remarked on Twitter that the Drew/Tully relationship is "infuriating" to her. She doesn't seem to understand it anymore than we do.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Interesting DR with Matt about halfway through today's episode.
He seems to have arrogantly assumed leadership of the half way house on his own.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
They had Buttercup to milk on the HWH side but not sure if that is going to continue. I liked that BB chose who did it throwing together odd combinations.

Can I just say I want Matthew gone more than any female up for eviction. His talk in the diary room just made my skin crawl and I just wanted to bang that bucket on his head with a hammer (more over when people are talking why put a bucket on your head to just make a racket and try to end itm why not just move away). His comment about being the leader and how he had to take control ect, and they OWE him respect??? Really sweetheart what have you done in the house that makes them OWE you anything, sure he fought for his country but that does not mean does not need to follow the rule give respect get respect.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We BannerMod! The banner looks really good! Thank you!

Kellee, how did the save/evict format they used to use work? I always say they need to vote to evict normally, but every few votes do an all up vote to save instead, to get out the boring ones.

I need to catch up with today's episode!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Some seasons, mostly the earlier ones, have been all votes to evict. They have had some where it was vote to save and one or maybe 2 where you could vote both ways, but that ended up being too complicated and confusing.

I dont recall them actualy switching it up in the middle of a season.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Basically with Save and Evict vote it was they would subtract the Save votes from the evict votes and then whoever had the most evict would go. Ii think this type of vote is what saw Camilla get to the final in 2006/

They did one season do where the public put up the housemates and the housemates evicted. and then switched part way to the normal way, that was in the last season before the break.

Some people online are saying Matt's rant was just a joke, which I am sure the massage part was but the rest just seemed to close to what he has said in the past not to hit the mark.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thank you Moderator for the Banner!! Love it!

I am *really* sad to see the HWH gone. I think we would have seen a whole new (albeit ugly) side to Matt & Jade.

I don't know what happened in Drew & Tully's bed last night but I'd be pissed if that was my partner. I have a feeling Tully is trying to mark her territory & bet Drew will be regretting it (even if Jade wasn't in the picture).

I wonder if Drew will be sleeping alone tonight?? He's telling Jade, Tully is annoying him & telling Tully that he's distancing himself from Jade. It's going to get awkward ...

Even though it was confusing, I loved the VTE/VTS - Save votes basically nullified eviction votes. At least that way if you had no one you wanted to evict, you could still help save someone particular.

I remember Josh baking bread in the pizza oven last year.

I am sure the animals became too much for the studio. Even though HM spent an hour or so a day with the animals, I doubt if that was nearly enough to maintain the animals. Plus they would be concerns about sanitation, etc. Heck I was concerned about the sanitation of the Buttercup milk with the HM handling it so haphazardly.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I believe the animals were just brought in for the short time that the hm's had to care for them in the outside arena area.

They were normally housed in the petting zoo area of Dreampark.

Still had to be a pain to deal with, and far beyond the means of the current stripped down, ghetto Big Brother we have on Channel 9.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like the evict votes minus save votes in theory but it must have been a right mess. Bet they got a lot of money through voting lines though.

They were pretty generous letting Ben see and interact with his mum even though he didn't choose to go in to the diary room. They should have just shown him a still picture.

UK, US and Aus now have done the spray tan joke! They gave the sisters enormous paper underwear though, they're going to look very strange in their bathing suits. Even more strange then just being green/brown of course ;). And why was one so green!?

Hopefully Matt is going to lose some votes with his "man of the house stuff." I'm not sure how he gained votes in the first place.

I don't think Drew was saying he was distancing himself from Jade, I think he's saying that he's now becoming more content with the relationship as it is (i.e. her playing with him and him not wanting more). I have no idea what Tully was doing, but it really looks like she's after him to me.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Correction, Tim's no Leo - I'm guessing Aries

Tim is enjoying a special relaxing birthday massage courtesy of Tahan.

He’s been lapping up the attention all day, but what the Housemates don’t know is that the cheeky trickster is having them on – his birthday is actually in April!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I guess they can't afford to pay the 2 Mikes, the ninjas, and the host of "showdown" any longer.

Showdown was part of the regular highlights show tonight, and narrated by the regular highlights show narrator, which I believe is Mike Goldman so at least he still has a job.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And according to the schedule, no show at all on Saturday (and none on Sunday, as usual). Might be because of the start of some sports season (they mentioned it last week).

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Well I think Jasmine is going home this week. I would prefer Matt go of those nommed. But I think there are too many females voting for his looks and the fact they think he is a war hero. I think he is an arrogant macho jerk. He adds nothing to the house for me. If he wants to give the "chicks" orders since he is the master. Why doesn't he start by telling his bro Caleb to clean up the kitchen?

Tully is still the top of my list for those I would like to see evicted. It is nice to see that even her mates are starting to complain about her. I do think she never got nommed this week because everyone was afraid she was listening to their votes. At least she got a strike for talking about noms. I hope she quickly gets 2 more strikes and they boot her.

Tully always has to be in the spotlight. Every time someone is given attention by BB for something Tully hogs the spotlight. She is always the first to leap and grasp onto whoever is in the spotlight. She needs the attention on her at all times. She has to make it about herself. And she cries to get attention. I am waiting for the moment when the others give up comforting her and just leave her alone to cry.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I hope the Save results in swapping Tully onto the block.

I was praying for that, Lake_gal and was excited to hear Tully's name come out of Jade's mouth, but she just said she was going to be like Tully and go with her heart.

Flagg, you were right when you said the Showdowns weren't the same as the old Friday night games. The showdowns seem to be getting shorter, but the episode was great. I've never laughed so hard as I did at the 'pucker up' challenge.

Lakegal stated:
I read that Tully's girlfriend has remarked on Twitter that the Drew/Tully relationship is "infuriating" to her. She doesn't seem to understand it anymore than we do.

I'm confused by Tully's relationship with Drew also. I couldn't believe Jasmin told Tully to 'go for it' with Drew at the end of the show. What??? They all heard the girlfriend's message, so would Drew actually go for it? I hope his buddies Caleb and Ed tell him how annoying Tully is so he will distance himself from her. I notice she's not hanging all over Matthew as much as she used to.

Every single time something happens to anyone in the house, there's Tully FLYING over to them to put herself in the situation. She has huge mental problems. How very eye opening was it when she said she always blamed an imaginary "Patrick" for the bad things she did as a child. Hmmm.

I don't understand what AU was thinking last week. She should have gone.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No, you two have it all wrong. Tully needs to stay. Every year on BB AU, the difficult and controversial people get voted out early and the show becomes boring.

I suspect that is why there are 6 noms each week and its a vote to save. The boring people go first. Its been well proven already with the first 3 evictions.