TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2013: General Discussion: News from the outside world re:BB15 houseguests: Archive through August 21, 2013 users admin

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't get past the first sentence and I think I would like Evil Dick once I got to know him but his language is very offensive.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
If you can get past his "choice words" he discusses what BB hoped the MVP would be and how it failed.

Lainee

07-19-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
Well, those "choice words" are precisely why I can't get past the third paragraph and also why I am not a fan...

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
THE MVP twist did ruin the game. For the first 2 weeks the MVP nominee went home which basically made the HOH reign worthless. Also MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. Elissa may be a favorite but she was not playing the game. Dick is right,America should never get a vote that influences the game so much. His win is a prime example of America voting to aid a player based on the CBS edit.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The Evil Dick is irrelevant to me.

Lainee

07-19-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
Matter of opinion...given who she was putting up and who went home, I think she was playing the game.

I have been told repeatedly throughout the years, right here on this board, that there are different ways of playing the game...under the radar, balls out (Rachel), offensive and defensive (Janie), as well as RUDE, CRUDE, and SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE (Evil Dick and most of this years crew).

Personally, I think Elissa has done quite well in the game from going to being on the block every week the first 3 weeks and being the target (plus the 4th week by MVP America mistake) to not being on the block for the last few weeks until this week and she had gotten the VETO twice.

If this was Amanda or Aaryn they would be crowned a BB champion for doing all that Elissa has done to stay in the game!

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
There are different ways of playing the game. Being the least offensive to America is not a strategy.
If the game went the easy route every season and the "good" people always won just by being nice and sweet the show would never had gone to 15 seasons.
I could not stand Jeremy but he got a raw deal.
Nick was arrogant but he got a raw deal.
David was too dumb to know what was happening so he needed to go.

America nominating the one person that was running the game was just pure crap.
<77>

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Co-signing what Lainee said.

Bee

09-14-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Caprica

Wow. Just. Wow.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I just want to say something about 20 somethings. They seem to get a bad rap. My kids are in their 20's and I know most of their friends....just spent the weekend with both sides (sons friends at a BBQ and daughters friends at a Christening)and these people are mature, responsible, and good citizens. The 20 year olds we see on BB are not the norm. Just wanted to put that out there.

Oh, and the other aged people on BB aren't typically the norm either.

Sure there are many factors that go into playing the game and there isn't one sure fire way to play.

Justmom2

03-15-2008

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justmom2 a private message Print Post    
seriously, the only 20 somethings that act this way are the ones that were raised this was...I have a son in his 20's and he would never act that way..he is always kind and I've seen him with his friends and they are also very respectful....I have also seen and heard people in their 50's 60's even older be as rude and disrespectful as the people in the BB house....age is NOT an excuse for being a bigot or a racist or homophobic....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know nothing about anyone's families or friends so I'm making no comment here about them. I will say that people sometimes speak differently depending on who is present there with them. Of course, with BB, America is present with them all the time but they seem to lose sight of that or don't care.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with Evil Dick that this season stinks. The idea that you can't be mvp back to back is a good one. I think they put the mvp in place just to protest Elyssa knowing she was Rachel's sister and not wanting her evicted the first week.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Thanks for at least reading the link I shared and giving an opinion on it Brenda.

I think BB hoped the MVP twist would add intrigue to the game but instead it just made the HOH meaningless. So I agreed with Evel Dick and I'm not a fan of him either but he does know people in production and the twist did fail is why they switched it to having America vote who would go up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Though I don't like the language I do agree with Evel Dick that the MVP twist was a flop. Of course, Evel Dick thinks the season stinks because every new season that he isn't a part of stinks.

Lainee

07-19-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
Elissa could still have been evicted during any one of those first few weeks...there was no protection involved other than people deciding they could use her MVP status...but she still was not protected.

MVP would probably have been better if Elissa had not gone and told everyone that she was being picked MVP every week. After America became MVP the paranoia was a thing of "beauty" to behold in that house as they tried to figure out just who the MVP was!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I am the odd person out. I liked the MVP but yes, like Dick said if the HOH can't be HOH consecutive 2 weeks the MVP should have had the same stipulation. I thought the (mvp)3rd nom was interesting and changed the game up. But I'm not sure how tptb thought that it would have stopped floaters I thought it would make everyone be a floater, at least in the beginning of the game. If the MVP put up a "floater" and they were put up against 2 strong people a rational game player would get out the stronger player, no?

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Elissa almost had to tell that she was MVP because being Rachel's sister made her #1 target, and the MVP advantage made her useful to keep. I didn't mind this twist as it did leave it up to the individual to reveal being MVP or not, and it caused a lot of drama in the house for those two weeks when America acted as MVP. We're always asking for more drama and we got it.

Lainee

07-19-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, I also like the MVP twist but it was utilized the way it should have been...secret! Had it been kept secret, we would have seen paranoia running rampant in the house like we did the weeks that America was MVP!

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
The MVP nomination was used as a threat. It affected the game in a negative way IMO. Nullifying the the HOH's power was also made alliances kind of worthless. That is why there were so many meaningless alliances this season. Elissa was used as a weapon and the nominations that she made were decided by the alliance more than by her. As long as she was MVP she was never in danger of leaving. Never. Her veto wins were impressive and needed so good for her but she should have been more assertive about getting Aayrn out of the house.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Elissa has made it further than than her "MVP" bestie Helen (who I think would not have had one inkling to keep Elissa if she wasn't the MVP....so however Elissa used the MVP it worked for her.

I hope they use the MVP in another season with less frantic people and without bringing onto the show an automatic targer like they did with Elissa.

I actually would like to see a BB season of siblings or family member of previous hamsters...simularly as to what they are doing on Survivor but excluding having any actual hamsters return.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I just was writing that too Lil lol

A season of siblings, aunts, parents of excontestants would have been more fair to Elissa, being the only one made her a target day 1.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
MVP should have been decided by the other players of the game. This could be decided in the Dr with questions that the players answered. It would be even better if they never knew that they were the ones deciding.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I like that idea Caprica.

Mamajenn

07-07-2011

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamajenn a private message Print Post    
I loved the MVP twist!