TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 11, 2013 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
A cute girl for Ben? I doubt he would be interested. He is openly gay.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Speaking of Ben, I am getting a bit sick of "the Ben Show".

He seems completely fake and contrived to me.

Whinging to pictures of your mum and nan? seriously?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Kellee, I've gone through all of Matthew's VT's & I don't see a mention of a girl friend.

The HM flat out asked him if he'd ever kissed a guy or was gay & he denied it which is what I was thinking, he's just too good looking to be straight.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I was pretty sure something was said in one of the episodes. Plus another site I read has his facebook relation status being changed to in a relationship as of July 4th..but that could be wrong.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So whats the big deal about the "superpower" when one person can be chosen randomly to save someone and put you up anyway?

BB says the superpower can "secure you place in the game", but thats complete BS. Last weeks power was crap. Ben handed Tehan a far greater power than the worthless "secret assassin" power.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I know plus the thing is it changes every week and you never know if it will bite you in the backside. Granted last weeks super power did get up the two people who are most likely to go Sharron and Heidi up on the block with the doubling of Caleb's points (Otherwise it would have been Jasmine, Mikayla, Tehan and Tim)

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Saturday Showdown. I found myself hoping Tully would not win. Then when she was out I just hoped whoever won did not take her along to the presidential suite. I have this intense dislike for her.

Ed wins and then does the good thing rather than what he really wants. He takes Sharon with him. He said she had a rough week and her kids would be happy. Playing to the voting public. When he said he really wanted to take Xavier. He even looked disappointed when he flipped the coin and he obviously did not get the result he wanted. I noticed Tully was the first to jump towards him when he came out to make his announcement. I believe she was hoping he would take her.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I believe one of last year's superpower changed the board up so much that it put the superpower holder on the block.

The superpower is just a game changing tactic but it's not always helpful. Matthew's superpower was even less helpful to him when it doubled someone's points unknowingly. Sometimes HM vote for someone they think won't be nominated so they don't feel guilty. If he had control of doubled points, he could have done some damage or put someone on the block that wouldn't have been up otherwise.

Thanks Kellee for noting last week's effect I was curious but was too lazy to go back & figure it out. (lol)

I personally prefer the more random effect instead of the player able to knowingly make a tactical effect.

They said that if the evicted player wins the superpower, it would be passed on but I don't think they elaborated how (to the runner up or to evictee's choice or some other method).

I still think the evictee will do the save & replace. Which could get interesting if their #4-6 choice to save gets replaced by their #4-6 choice to replace.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Wasn't it George last year that put himself on the block when he used his super power? It really backfired on him.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
A couple seasons ago Demi had the nomination twist power and she was voted out before she could use it she had to answer before her official exit who would get the power as not to be influenced by what she saw outside.

Yeah George was seeing the tally and then vetoing one housemates votes and he thought he was vetoing someone who would have voted for him but nope that is the week he went lol but then again after his revelation to Layla in the spa about having a girl at home he wants to marry and snuggling up to Layla right after there was no saving him...lol

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Watching episode one....I rather like this show.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I dont think they will have the evictee do the save and replace. That would cost them money as they would have to bring the evictee back for another show later in the week after nominations.

What they should do is eliminate the current "superpower" and let the save/replace become the superpower prize.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Unless they did the save and replace the same night as nominations which they have traditionally had the evicted housemate at anyways. But I think it will have to be something in the house rather than the evicted.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Last year one evictee did something & before they were released & exposed to outside influences, they listed everyone in order of who they wanted the most to who they wanted the least - it was sealed in an envelope & read that night after noms.

So if they listed all the people but the top 4 people weren't nominated then the 5th place person would get the save & if there top replace people were already nominated then the first unnom person would be the replacement.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They used to have the evictee on during nominations and FNL, but not since it moved to the new network.

This new BB is a stripped down, low budget ghetto version of the old BBAU.

Just look at the "Showdown"... no themes, no costumes, tiny "arena" and very low production-value competitions. Its pre-taped instead of live, and no studio audience.

Last season, I don't recall the evictees coming back for any shows once they were gone, except for the finale of course.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The evictee I mentioned didn't come back, just left their choices before leaving (a female I believe)

I remembered hearing in Ed's VT that he was a twin, but so is Matthew. I wonder if there will be a twin twist this year.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I doubt they would do it that way. They have already said they wont do that for the superpower, so why would they do it every single week for the save and replace?

I was referring to the earlier post where it was mentioned that evictees return for nominations anyway. They havent done that on the new network.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Isn't this getting confusing with another player having won the showdown and nomination power and Caleb still having the double points, so there will be several of them with nomination power and yet no one is evicted yet. Getting a bit confusing for me.
The first showdown was more fun to watch than the second one.

Thanks for explaining that Jade's father's letter was read by Big Brother and thus the accent and that Jade's father is Italian. It makes sense now.

Ed must have picked Sharon to share his VP suite for strategic purpose or maybe for not getting the others speculate too much if he had chosen Tahan or Jade. Sometime it could be embarrassing and I understand his hesitation.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think he really wanted to take Xavier in with him, he even seemed so disappointed with the coin toss. But he did the Prince charmind thing and did something that would see classy taking the mom who has been stuck on the bad side who cried cause her kids would see her upset (which to me is a crock, if you don't want your kids to be upset put on a brave face it is part of the game and suck it up buttercup).

Caleb's super power is done now. Each week there will be only one superpower so either Ed or who ever he has to chose will have the power this week.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I am hoping jade gets evicted. I really don't care too much for her. I wish drew would wash his hair. Tully, I simply can't stand. Ditto for the barbies and Rohan.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Question: when will the Monday be available on youtube for viewing? I am soooo hooked on this show. It is worlds better than bb u.s. thanks!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They tend to show up on youtube in the morning, US time. I can usually find the day's episode around 9:00 am CDT.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Wonderful...I started watching last night and I'm all caught up. I really like this series so much better than the u.s. version.

Cillysue2

05-02-2003

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
Is there a website where I can watch the episodes? Sounds like a good show. Thank you

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I watched on youtube.