TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 09, 2013 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The new nominations "twist" sounds an awful lot like some variation on the BBUS power of veto.

One person saved, another person takes their place, 6 people to probably compete for the power....

6 people up each week may make it a bit more interesting, but it also feels like another way to squeeze more voting dollars out of the public. Especially if its a vote to save.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I love that the noms include 6 people. I always hated when 2-3 people I would hate to leave were the only options. At least with 6 there is a chance of trimming deadwood.

I was shocked Tully wasn't nommed & I was even more shocked that Mikkayla chose *TIM* to share the halfway house. I wouldn't want to be locked up with him in such close quarters *but* as a viewer, I *love* that TIM is in the halfway house.

I would really hate to lose any of the nominees.

The good thing about BBAU is the change up of the power, so others can't predict it.

I was shocked that Mikkayla had so many votes, she seems so upbeat but I don't live with her either.

I know Tim won't be evicted, but I would love him to spend a LOT of time in the halfway house.

I think you are right that the twist probably includes some sort of Veto & replacement of one of the safe house people.

I am *so* loving this BB (so far).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Agree on many things! Six people = good, particularly in the beginning, and I was also surprised Tully wasn't up, she seemed to be the drama queen not Mikkayla, but they seemed to take Tully's side. I suspect Mikkayla's teacher attitude is what annoys people most.

Also happy Tim is in the HWH! A) he deserves it and B) I like that he's up for eviction. Sadly, I think he's right that he won't go, but with a vote for eviction you never know.

Don't like the POV idea :-(.

During the nomination process with several of the people who got up to nominate I thought "who are you?" lol.

I think Ben is an honest sweet soul, totally genuine, but I think some viewers are going to think him speaking out loud to the photos of mum and nana is for votes. I kind of wish BB didn't focus on it so much.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I also was surprised Tully didn't get more nom votes. Maybe it was the editing. But she looked a lot more of a nightmare to be around than Mikayla. Tully was overly emotional and expecting the HMs that are in the same position as her to console her. Obviously she is more loveable and they wanted to console her. Mikayla is being bossy and using her teacher voice too much and it is annoying the others.

I wonder how the person from the safe house gets picked to replace the person that is nommed? Do they just put Heidi in the halfway house since she was next with votes?

I could see Sharon leaving. She doesn't seem to be adding much to the house. Her personality is not doing anything for me.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Count me in as another one surprised Tully didn't get more votes. I was so hoping Caleb would give her all 5 of his so it would add 10 votes.

I like Mikkayla much better than Tully and I would have LOVED to have seen the fit Tully would have thrown having to go back to the halfway house.

Hopefully, more people will see through her this week and she will go up next week.

Does anyone know what day the eviction takes place on this show?

Thanks.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cricket, last year live eviction shows were on Sunday *but* there is no Sunday show this year. Saturday show is the live arena "Showdown"

Last year live nomination shows were on Monday - this year they did the nom show on Tuesday - *maybe* the evictions will be on Monday??

They said the Tuesday noms were not the final noms sounded like a Thursday POV competition - they can't open the phone lines til after the noms are announced - so I guess it makes sense that evictions aren't til Monday.

I would think they would evict on Friday so the evicted player doesn't win a superpower in the Saturday night games but Friday shows are only 30 min.

Last year the superpower was given to a HM from the evictee.

With BBAU, I have to just take it as it comes & "expect the unexpected" lol

I'm sure Tully will be sitting in the HWH next week if nothing else to segregate her cloud of negativity.

I wonder though if Tim will change to stay out of the HWH - he does love the pool - I think we will see a changed man.

I was really proud of him acknowledging that he can be obnoxious & if he got annoying to just let him know. I was afraid he would have the attitude that if I'm miserable, everybody will be miserable & half expected him to sabotage the laundry - which was Mikkayla's suggestion last week of "leverage" before someone reminded her that the safe HM fed them.

I vote for the soldier Matthew to get the stone fox award!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So, it's still not clear to me... does Caleb know he has double points? I noticed he only used the 5 like everyone else. Who was saved?
I don't think it was fair to send Tim and not Heidi to the halfway house, I think both of them should have been there even though they don't have enough space for all of them. But they did get the same number of nominations. I like Tim, he is a bit of a troublemaker and in a summer camp like that you need one.
Totally surprised they don't like Mikkayla, I think she is quite spontaneous and cheerful.
I expected Tully to get more but maybe later for sure. Also surprised Thahn got so many points, I thought she was the 'cute' one and very likeable, but then we don't get to see the interaction, like the live feeds, only the edited show.
I still think it's funny that all of them got to nominate, where is the reward for winning comps if not to get nomination power.
I still enjoy this BB a lot more than the Us version.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I am a couple days behind but loved Caleb with the twins in the diary room you could see the thoughts in his head were just reeling around. But cmon how do you start a romance when you have to remain 3 meters from your sister..lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
According to yahoo the first eviction is Monday and nominations are Tuesday.

I don't think Caleb knew his nomination points were doubled at the time of the nomination, I don't know if he found out later though.

Yeah, after not liking Tim at all in the beginning he is warming on me. He seems to know he can be a bit of a jerk, and at least he tries to entertain the other hms.

Three metres is not far at all, I can see them breaking that rule very often. It's a shame they weren't tethered somehow ;).

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I do not believe Caleb will ever know he had a secret power. Matt is not allowed to tell anyone. And BBAU is usually good at giving penalties if they break that code of silence. Although the first week it sounds like a few did talk about nominating which is suppose to be a big No No in the Aussie house.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I think landing in the halfway house is the best thing that happened to Tim. I find him a lot less annoying now. Meanwhile I can't stand Tully. Tully is acting very selfish. She wants everyone to apologize to her for things but she never takes responsibility and apologizes to others. It is all about Tully. Now I am hoping she will be the next nominated.

Heidi and Tim were talking that they think 3 people are running the house and will be the final 3. I wish they had named names. I am curious who they meant. I also found it interesting when Heidi said this since Xavier and some of the other original halfway housemates were saying that Heidi and Tim were running the house.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure who the three were either. I think maybe the good looking men. There's so much we don't see it's hard to tell right now.

Today Ben had to choose someone to speak to BB and he chose Tahan, then Tahan had to choose which nominee they had to save and who they would replace them with. She saved Mikkayla and replaced her with Heidi. Good choice of replacement because it was the fairest choice, given that Heidi had the same number of nomination points as Tim.

Mikkayla says she doesn't deserve to be saved as she had the most nomination points, some of the others are telling her it's about not being in the HWH for two weeks in a row, some of the others are saying it wasn't fair to save her.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Why is this BB making me feel so warm and cheerful, I'm starting to talk with an Aussie accent and it's so funny. Imagine these kids in the US house, they would be gobbled up in a second.
I think Tahan had a terrible choice to make but she did great, I wanted Mikkayla safe and Heidi in there and I thought it was only fair since she got the same nominations as Tim. But if Heidi is not evicted Tahan has a huge target on her back.
I can see that they don't have to bargain their way to stay since it's Australia that evicts, this fact eliminates a lot of the hatred and animosity that we see in the BB house.
Ben is adorable. I really like Ed, Caleb and Matt.

Hober

06-26-2004

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hober a private message Print Post    
Mikkayla is making a big mistake and putting a bigger target on her back by walking around telling everyone that she didn't deserve to be saved, that she had the most points against her. If the other house mates didn't have that idea in their heads, she sure did put it in there for them. Will make it easier next nominations by giving her their points saying it wasn't fair she was removed. All she needed to do was say thank you, be appreciative, tell Heidi she is sorry she was the replacement, then lay low and have the target move elsewhere.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Spunky, after this year's BBUK & BBUS nastiness, it's such a refreshing change. The BBAU house always seems to band fairly tight, of course there is usually the in group & the out group but for the most part, it's usually us vs BB instead of so much infighting.

I'll be so glad when Tully is off my screen. I thought she was in a relationship, why does she seem to be making a play for Drew?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i am loving how much that they have stole from BBUK I swear I am waiting for Tully to go in the diary room and say "who is she who is she where did you find her" a la Nikki Grahame (the diary room is almost a perfect replica). The Ashes hosted by Bob Righter ( just like the ventriloquist in season 11). The Half way house is even great as it is for the nominated..lol

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, last year live eviction shows were on Sunday *but* there is no Sunday show this year. Saturday show is the live arena "Showdown"

Last year live nomination shows were on Monday - this year they did the nom show on Tuesday - *maybe* the evictions will be on Monday??

Thanks for this info Willwillbee and thanks for your info Kitt. Monday it will be.

I love how it worked out that Heidi did go to the halfway house and Mikkala was saved. Tehan saved her but I thought she nommed her as well? No?

Watching today's show, I'm confused about whom Jade really likes (haven't finished yet.) The HG's are talking about Drew still liking her but how she and Ed are a couple, but she was flirting with hunky Matthew the other day, so I'm confused. Did Matthew turn her down?

Loved how they had Tehan make a decision on the spot about who was saved and who went to the halfway house. I was with Spunky in that they both should have gone, so this sets it even.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh..forgot to post about Ben being the PA for BB. Funny episode ever!

I wish there was a cute gal in the house for Drew. Feel bad for him. Too bad Tehan has a boyfriend. She's a doll.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Tully continues to be the housemate I dislike the most. I hope she gets nommed eventually.

I know things are going crazy when I am agreeing with Tim. But at least he says to Tully what I am thinking.

Tehan did what was the first reaction. She saved the one person that had never been on the safe side. And she put the person that had the same amount of votes as Tim in the halfway house. She was in a no-win situation. She wanted to put Tully in the halfway house. But Tully would be even more of a pain to be around for the rest of the week. And if she didn't leave she would have made Tehan's life miserable.

Heidi is upset and complaining to Tim. But Tim got the same points as her and has been in the halfway house longer. She needs to accept it and hope she doesn't turn off the voters. I believe one of the females that is not Jade will go home.

Rohan and the blondes are a waste of space in the house. I wish they had put in 3 different people the second week.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I dislike Tully intensely, Lake_gal. Just finished the episode and I can't believe what a stirrer she is. She is acting oh so nice to Jade while she runs to Drew to stir things up instead of letting it go.

I've caught on why she didn't get votes from the guys. She is one of the guys with them but not so nice to the girls.

Jade needs to be careful of befriending Tully, as she will get stabbed by her. Best thing for Jade's game is if Tully goes soon. Please let Tully get nommed and voted out next week. She is a very envious girl...always wants what she doesn't have.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't know Italian but Jade's dad's Italian sounded stilted, like he was reading a cue card. Her Italian is so easy, flowing & melodic, it sounds like her first language.

I just don't have a thing for Ed, I guess. Matthew makes me swoon but I have a feeling he won't get close to any of the females in the house. I so want Jade & Drew to get together. The way he looks at her makes my heart race but he's a bad boy & I wouldn't wish that on her.

I agree Lakegal, I'm so not impressed with the 3 latecomers. I fear Rohan will always act like a sabotaging mole & never be accepted in the group & giggly Barbie girls ... sigh.

I am also really warming to Tim. Even in the safe house he has this huge grin. I adore Ben, I can't imagine him applying for BB. I wonder how they found him (or maybe it's all an act?) I get the impression that he's almost agoraphobic.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i think it was Big Brother reading a message from Jade's dad, not actually her father but I wish they had shown a translation.

If I am not mistaken Matthew has someone on the outside so Jade is playing a very dangerous game with the flirting with him (would hate to see it go down the Hazel/Daley route)

I would love to see her with Drew because i think he does care for her, got to know her and really feels a bit hurt by her push backs.

i love the save and replace but wonder how they will keep that fresh, with how they pick who makes the choice. I think Tehan was in a bad place iwth that and the only people she could have picked that wouldn't set someone off was either Jade or Drew cause no one nominated them but then which do you pick. I think she made a wise choice keeping Mikayla safe as T knows Mikayla will most likely slide right back in again next week.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree that Jade's father is not Italian, (I am) and so I know he had a strong English accent, but I understand he could have addressed her in English but for effect purpose I think he was right speaking in Italian and have Jade translate. I think the whole B'day party was awesome (compared to what we see in the US version,where the cheers are not sincere). I think Drew still has a thing for Jade but Ed likes Jade I think and Tahan is okay with that since I sense Ed is really not Tahan's type.
I thought Tully liked girls so I don't understand what she is doing with Drew.
Do you think Tim's stealing the food was scripted? BB was quite okay with that, it ended in a laugh and not in a penalty.

And Rohan (sp), is he really a mole to sabotage their comps for food?

I love to read all your comments, such a refreshing BB and I'm amazed how many episodes there are, they pile up quite quickly.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
What made me go hmmmmm was that BB said Ben give the phone to any HM - in safe house or HWH & Mikkayla was waving her hand, pick me, pick me & Ben said the phone won't stretch that far - here Tahan, you are closest. I wonder if BB told Ben to give to to a safe house mate only (no matter what I say) or if Ben decided against Mikkayla on his own. I wonder if that helped make Tahan with her choice of picking Mikkayla to be safe.

I doubt if they will ever do that again (pick someone "randomly" to choose the save & replace). I'm betting they do competitions or maybe the evictee chooses to save & replace - like they did last year - make your choices 1-10 whoever is available at first on your list, gets it. Since it was the first time, no one knew what was happening.

I think they just wanted Jade to speak in Italian to make Drew (& the rest of us) melt. Kellee, your comment that was prob BB reading Dad's words would make sense of her comment that that was exactly the way her Dad spoke (which made no sense to me if it *was* her Dad speaking)

I don't think Rohan is an official mole but his VT gave the impression that stirring was his game plan. He's probably just awkward but may rather relish the role of villain than trying to socialize.

Tim stole a big bag of carrots??? WTH I didn't see what else but I'm not surprised that he took the food (I probably would have squirreled a couple or 6 cookies myself)

Tully is apparently close with Jade & Drew - they must just show her whinging but must have a good side - I can't imagine her not getting but 2pt in noms otherwise but then again they didn't know she'd be segregated back in the HWH.

Spunky, I think Tahan has a bf & is not available for Ed or anyone else (so far at least).

The bad thing about BBAU is that I get so addicted & spoiled with M-TH that half show on Friday & no show on Sunday makes me anxious waiting for Monday's show lol.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
It is so strange not having the evictions on Sunday like they used to, it was one of my favourite things cause i used to get the live feed and either get up early to watch it..lol

Tim I think is finally seeing the consequences of his "safe house comes first" policy,so taking the carrots (something that could keep without refrigeration) makes sense to me.

I sense that Tully may be latching on to Drew in a way thinking hey my girlfriend can't be upset if I snuggle with a straight guy.. It is either that or she is bi with a leaning normally in the direction of women. She said she had boyfriends in the past. Who knows.