TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 06, 2013 users admin

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I like Jade & Drew the married couple. I think it will be interesting to see if they stay close after the first week. The fake marriage is forcing them to become close.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lake gal, her 'pretend' husband said she seemed to like Ed who is buddies with Tahan (sp?_ Should be interesting.

I'm not liking Tim at all. He needs too much attention. Sick of that type of HG.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
My goodness, is this really Big Brother?? The love fest goes on and on. I knew Tim likes trouble and BB chose him to get on Tully's bad side about the hairdryer, but there is this cuteness that I am not sure it can last for too long. It seems like in the USBB emotions run so high and the paranoia makes them all either enemies or allies, but here it's all a big fiesta!! When are they going to compete and switch places? I'm sure the halfway house will be occupied by those with penalties later on.
I like that Big Brother is a big part of this whole show, he talks to them non stop and we get to see what they say in the Diary Room.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
BB Australia is always like that at the beginning of the season. They never really compete against each other like they do on BBUS, other than for the public vote to stay in the house. And they are not allowed to talk about nominations or who they want to go.

After a few weeks to a month they usually split into separate groups and sometimes end up with nomination voting blocks, if they are smart enough to communicate their plans without breaking the rules.

Last year there was one group that pretty much controlled nominations through the entire season and the leader of that group won the show.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I am still upset that Ben won last year.

I suppose the show put Tim in the house to be their next "Michael". But he is really getting on my nerves. I hope they nom him to leave as soon as they can.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The voting blocks can make for some dramatic late season episodes, when somebody in the controlling group skates through most of the season un-nominated and then gets evicted the very first time they go up.

Like Ben's best friend Stacey last year,.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BBAU votes differently for nomination. Last year they were given 5 points to be split between 2 HM.

This makes it much harder to just target specific people - 2 people may be easy targets but it leaves the 3rd spot wide open, so there doesn't seem to be as much obvious targeting & BBAU punishes it's HM.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't understand what's going on but I enjoy this cheerful summer camp BB house, so different from the US version.
Jade's Italian is perfect, had I been in there I would have ruined their secret... I would have jumped up and screamed "I knew it! I knew it!" The others would have looked at me like I was crazy and that would have been the end of their honeymoon. Practically BB told them they're not married but of course no one but Jade understood. Oh boy, I so wanted to be there to spoil their fun. You think Tim is bad... Mmm, they sure need a bit of troublemaking after what we're used in the BBUS.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was so risky of BB saying that in Italian. Lots of people know the odd word or two of a foreign language, and there's quite a large Italian community in Aus. And particularly with the latin languages if you know one you can often get the gist of what's said in another one. I caught a few words (included sposati, but that's only because a friend is getting sposati this very weekend in Italy).

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I thought the Italian conversation was risky also, but I'm sure BB first reviewed the HM for foreign languages spoken/understood.

Jade made it sound good & her "hubby" looks at her adoringly even in private - sure looks like he's falling to me. He even washed his hair for her!

Apparently the show is only 20 min (30 w/commercials, I guess) on Friday & no Sunday show - a "Saturday Showdown" (Fri Night Live replacement show) will start eventually but not this weekend.

The next show scheduled for ch9 is Monday night but I guess (like last year) other shows may pop up on other channels.

it has been confirmed in Australia’s Daily Telegraph that a new spin-off show entitled Saturday Showdown will air during the first four weeks, hosted by Shelly Craft with commentary from BBAU narrator Mike Goldman and 2012 housemate Michael Beveridge.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/news/0721/big-brother-australia-2013-twist-teased-saturday-showdown-confirmed#ixzz2askd78dj

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Showdown is on tomorrow, Willwillbe (see the guide up in the last archive). Or rather today, as they're already on Saturday.

I think the hubby is a bit smitten too. It's a strange situation, I'd think it's hard not to get smitten if there's any sort of attraction for each other, when you're forced to do somewhat intimate things. They're doing really well, very natural at it. It'll definitely by interesting to see what happens when everyone knows.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The 5 point nominations make no difference. They can and do nominate in blocks to target specific people. Not one single person, but multiple people in the enemy group.

Anyone watching last season could see it easily. Stacey, Ben, Michael and Zoe pretty well controlled the nominations through most of the season. BB even changed up the nominations rules later in the season on a few occasions to fight it and they mentioned the group nominating on the show multiple times.

Its a bit obvious when the same group consistently nominate the same people week adter week.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I've watched the Saturday Showdown. I won't say who won till others have seen it.

Drew is definitely falling for Jade. She likes him but I think she is curious about the other guys too. I think it will be interesting to see if there is jealousy when they can flirt with the other singles in the house.

I believe the halfway house mates are bonding just like Drew & Jade are. The others are the ones that might be at a disadvantage later.

Interesting that the halfway house mates think Tim and Heidi (and Jas) are running the house.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I love this BB. The Saturday Showdown was awesome.

Okay, I won't spoil completely, but may I just say the right person won it. I love these HG's. Mikkala (sp?) is adorable; love Tahan; she's absolutely gorgeous and I like the pretend married couple. I agree he is falling head over heals for her.

This BB is so refreshing compared to our BB. Spunky, be sure to watch the Saturday Showdown today. BB AU is the only one to do something like this; so entertaining.

Lakegal stated:
I believe the halfway house mates are bonding just like Drew & Jade are. The others are the ones that might be at a disadvantage later.

You're right; they have really bonded and I think perhaps Jade will fit right in with them and hopefully bring Drew along.

Oh....Ed is a stone fox. What a cute couple he and Tahan make.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The showdown was just a pre-taped low budget version of the old Friday Night Live.

No production value at all compared to the old show and that was a bit of a joke as it was.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Yes Flag, they do target specific people but with 3 people up & only allowed to nom 2 people *and* the point spread difference, it's harder to control the nominations for the third person. It's usually (for example) 20 pts to person one & 15 pts to person 2 & 3 pts for the following people.

BBUK aren't allow to discuss noms but they still do strategy talks about who they dislike.

After the show has aired, it should be free to be discussed. I'm sure those that don't want to be spoiled will not be reading a discussion forum on the show.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
With 3 or 4 people to spread out their votes, they can easily target 3 specific housemates. If anything, the flexibility of 5 nomination points makes it easier.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Fake marriage reveal (Monday's episode) Youtube

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
That was a joke and a not really very fair.

WHen they started the task, they were told that they failed if any housemate went into the DR and claimed they were not married. BB never said that they would be invited into the DR and prompted to say it so there would be a dramatic reveal episode. The way the task was played out they really had zero chance of passing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Shows this week are still 1.5hrs long (minus adverts) Mon-Thurs, 30mins on Friday, then the 1 hour showdown on Saturday. I think an hour and a half is too long if there isn't a special event.

I'm behind, just watching the Showdown now. It's a shame if they basically forced the "married" couple up for eviction, as they took the task seriously and did a pretty good job. The suspicions at the beginning came more from distrust of Big Brother than anything Drew and Jade did wrong.

Have they nominated others yet?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately Drew and Jade are up, but I think Jade messed it up with her slip, saying 'if she gets married....' But they gave it a good try, so I hope they don't go. I haven't seen any other noms yet, maybe it will be the next episode, bc of he new HMs in today's.

I did like Matthew saying in the DR that he wasn't a follower, I wish that Ben had thought that, he got so upset; he seems like such a sweet soul, I'm happy some of the HMs on his side comforted him.

I'm not sure about the three new people yet, the sisters seem to be trying to act like the UK twins from Season 8 (I think), which I'm not sure they are doing, but it seemed that way to me.

I like this series, so far it's been interesting and entertaining.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh wow! Just finished watching The Showdown and the 7th episode. I can't believe this BB is so different from what we're used to see.

But don't you think there are too many people now with 3 additions? I'm glad the fake married couple are now split and up on the block. These two had no chemistry whatsoever. They didn't even think of staging a fight like married couples would do now and then, yeah, even during the honeymoon. Drew seemed a bit saddened, maybe he was getting used to the idea, but Jade wasn't convincing at all.
So, the fellow who won the first showdown will make the third nomination?? It wasn't clear to me. Like I believed to see Caleb and the winner in the Presidential Suite until the next showdown, like our HOH room, but none of that I guess.
I can only say that Australian BB is really for entertainment value while USBB is more like hatred, racism, and bringing the worst in people in the house.
I love the Diary Room scenes and poor Ben is just too emotional, who would want to evict him?
So far, the only girl who I think could go up is Tully, she created a bit of a friction in the halfway house with the other girls, but they were soon friendly again. We'll have to wait and see what happens with the other nomination and is Australia voting the eviction? I didn't get that part.
I did enjoy all the shows so far...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They will probably all nominate and end up with 4 or 5 people up for eviction.

Last year the "nomination superpower" changed each week but it gave the holder some kind of advantage during nominations, like extra points, or seeing others nominations, etc.

They won't have just one person nominate as then they wont be able to have their "live" special nominations episode.

As for the number of people, there are not that many. Past seasons have had significantly more, as many as 23 or 24 one season with all of the "intruders" who come in later in the season.

The Australian public always votes for the eviction, sometimes they vote for who they want to stay, some seasons they vote to evict, and a few seasons they could actually vote both ways.

They want as many people nominated as possible as that means more votes and more vote money for the show. No free phone voting on Big Brother.

Also, more people nominated means they will undoubtedly keep the fake ex-married couple. There are plenty of other targets that would go before them.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I only saw some of the show, but the noms are in, well, until Thursday, right now they are unverified noms. They didn't say how they would be verified, but that it would be Thursday. The half-way house is for the six people who are nommed; it will be six each week. And if there is a tie, then the person with the most noms chooses. Also, the superpower is a ninja something superpower, given to someone by the winner of the showdown I believe, and that person's noms are doubled; each person gets to nom two people, but has to divide, in any way they choose, five points between them.

Matthew chose to give Caleb, unbeknownst to him, the superpower, which doubled his nom points to ten. And Mikkayla had to choose between Tim and Heidi, as they were tied for nomination.

The unverified noms are:
Drew automatic nom
Jade automatic nom
Mikkayla 17 points
Sharon 14 points
Jasmin 11 points
Tim 10 points

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
That was a joke and a not really very fair.

WHen they started the task, they were told that they failed if any housemate went into the DR and claimed they were not married. BB never said that they would be invited into the DR and prompted to say it so there would be a dramatic reveal episode. The way the task was played out they really had zero chance of passing.

I agree with you completely, Flagg. So wrong of BB AU to do this when they worked so hard to make people think they were married. I feel like they were used.

<<<<<<<<Getting out of her before I see the unconfirmed noms. Haven't watched today's show yet.