TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2013: General Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 31, 2013 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Big Brother: Big Twist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_Australia

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Looks like the twist is they're doing the rich/poor divide, with those in the poor section being the only ones eligible to be evicted. They're also planning a "Saturday Showdown" show the first few weeks (similar to the old Friday Night Live shows they used to do)

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/news/0721/big-brother-australia-2013-twist-teased-saturday-showdown-confirmed

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
That twist doesn't excite me. Still, I do like the BB AU.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
It is getting close.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BB has always (in my mind) been a summer show - laying out in the sun, playing in the pool, beautiful people running around half naked. I have no idea why BBAU would schedule their program in the middle of winter & worst of all conflict with all the other BB, even having it in the spring or fall would make more sense than mid winter. Canada had their BB in mid winter but they also didn't make the fans choose.

Luckily I haven't got obsessed with BBUS & I am getting bored with BBUK especially now that Dan is gone, so looking forward to BBAU.

Australia's winter (coldest time of year) is now (Jun, July, Aug) & their summer months (warmest time of year) start Dec 1. I can see with the holidays, that not being the best time to start BB but I would think Jan-Feb would be a good time & not overlap with other countries BB.

Last year BBAU started on August 13 & ended Nov 7 - this year it starts July 29 during the middle of their coldest months but at least the Gold Coast (where they film) the min/max temp is 50-70F (12-21C) A bit cool for bikini & pool time weather, for a Texas girl at least.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Anyone know of any live stream links for channel 9?

8 hours until the launch

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sopcast channel 145572 is supposedly streaming the BBAU shows when they air.

Not sure if I want to get up at 4 am to watch it "live"/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Flagg

Try TV Nutters as I'm watching it there Live right now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ill try that site next time Im up at 4 am to watch live.

I tried this morning, but gave up and went back to sleep. Its much easier to just download the whole show with no commercials and in better quality (than a streamed show) after it has aired.

As for the show itself, as usual for their launch show, BBAU makes far too big a production out of the "secrets" and "twists" and we barely get to see much of the actual houseguests interaction.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I watched the launch show. Not sure why they needed a dance number to start the live show. But whatever.

Tim could be annoying to be locked up with. But there are a couple of good looking guys this season. I felt a little sorry for the ones in the halfway side of the house.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Flagg

TV Nutters also has BB AU episodes available OnDemand. So if you can't watch it live, you can view it there later when you have time. The Launch Night episode is posted there now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I get the full shows in HD via usenet. Easy to play on my TV thru the PS3 and media server, and better quality than a recorded stream.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I've tried to find info on when this will air etc. & not having a lot of luck - last year it aired 6 days a week (every day but Saturday), so assume it will this year also *but* they added a new show this year called 'Saturday Showdown' which I "assume" will be on Saturday. It's touted as a weekly live games task that will take place in the first four weeks of the season. This is similar to the Friday Night Live games format used in previous seasons.

An announcement on the official Facebook page confirmed that this season of Big Brother Australia would feature more housemates to enter the house than previous seasons. BB7 in 2007 had 24 HM! Or maybe they just mean for launch night??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You can use the Channel 9 guide as long as the sister shows aren't on different channels:
http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/9tvguide.aspx

I'm going to use the times they have, as I don't know what part of Aus this is filmed in (I think Melbourne, if so take off 17 hours to get board time, i.e. a 7pm Monday evening show would be at 2am Monday morning PT).

Mon 7-9pm BB (launch)
Tue 7-8.30pm BB
Wed 7-8.30pm BB
Thu 7-8.30pm BB
Fri 7-7.30pm BB
Sat 6.30-7.30pm BB Showdown
Sun nothing?

I can't see any other sister shows, at least for this week.

I'm hoping to find the show on youtube or dailymotion. Much easier for me that way.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the Launch Show, Wow, I really like the house and the have not small space, can you imagine Elissa in there?
Why cant the US hgs be more like the Aussie hgs? they're fun and easy going while the US BB house is game talk non stop and rampant paranoia!
I'd love to see the second episode when the new couple enters the house, like a married couple?? I didn't understand that twist.
Sorry, US BB, the Down Under people seem to be doing BB better than you.
I've been to Australia 3 times and in different season, it does get cold in July and August but even then they had nice sunny days and warm.
I was there when the twin brothers were playing and I think one won the game. It was fun watching BB there, none of the hypertension I see in the US BB, and the comps were really fun to watch and the host, wow, can you see Julie in that outfit, Julie wears pants or long skirts, boring. And the audience, wow, what a big stage!!
Now I have to see if they start bickering as well, but I don't think they'll fight that much.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think the show is live about 6am my time (CST) too early for me to get up & watch at least.

BBAU HM's like UK are not allowed to talk about noms & that's the main difference with US version, which all becomes game talk & strategy.

The only reason I do prefer allowing nom talk is because then it becomes nastiness, let's gang up on this person & talk about how we don't like them.

BBAU isn't as bad because of the voting 2pts & 1 pt it's harder to target people. The BBAU HM's seem to become a closer knit group them against BB - BBUK seems to create a paranoia & they never know who to trust.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just starting watching the launch now (thanks Willwillbe), reminded instantly of how nice the audience is and how happily they react to people (like them trying their keys in the door!).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Another waste of a fake "live" show.

All of the footage was taped and yet they had to have Sonia and a live audience to bore us in between highlights clips.

It looks like the rather lackluster married couple twist isnt going to last out the week.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think after 2007 live show fiasco, BBAU probably has given up doing live shows. That show was taped the day before it aired.

In 2007, they couldn't announce the winner & the hosts kept fumbling for time, they finally went ahead with the fireworks & showing the best bits of both finalists & did interviews but didn't actually announce the winner til the last 4 min of the show.

I hated the rich/poor divide when BBUK did it & I have a feeling I won't like it this year either.

It really made me sick when the fellow wanted a discussion on whether to feed the other half of the house.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I think the show is live about 6am my time (CST) too early for me to get up & watch at least. [Willlwillbee]

It's actually on live at 3am (CST) / 4am (CDT)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
There's nothing wrong with a taped highlights show, I prefer it that way.

Sonia should stick to the eviction shows and keep her awkward, boring comments far away from the rest of the show.

There was absolutely no reason for her or thelive audience in today's episode. She didn't even talk to the new housemates or even have them on stage, they just appeared in the DR.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I really find it more entertaining to watch than the US BB. They're also almost all gorgeous people and very likeable. I like the host, and how she dresses, (at least compared to Julie) but I do wonder if this love fest will keep going, the curly hair guy would have fit in the USBB really well, already he wants to create friction between the 2 houses. I'm afraid the fake married couple won't last the week, the smart girl in the poor house figured them out already.
I think the girl who keeps crying for her clothes is really cute and BB has such a sexy voice!!!

Okay, now back to the grumpy BB house!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Why did Sonia convince the pretty gal whose name starts with a T to change from Key #4 to Key #12?

That was horrible of her and I hope T lets her have it when she gets out of the house. I agree she needs to just read her script and keep her own comments/ideas to herself. That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Is she jealous of the girl's beauty?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I read on another BBAU site that Timmy is not in fact a student, but a former TV presenter and NOVA radio personality.

The same radio network that employs multiple former BBAU housemates including Fitzy, that guy from last season that left when his brother died, and a bunch of others.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Heidi is also a radio host, though the show does not seem to be covering up her job like they are Timmy.
http://mumbrella.com.au/big-brother-tim-dormer-heidi-anderson-tully-smyth-169990