TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2013: General Discussions: BB Finale Night!: Archive through May 02, 2013 users admin

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
That. was. unbelievable.

I don't get how Topaz could make such a ridiculous mistake. And being spoiled about the final comps really got my blood boiling since we didn't get to SEE the comps so we wouldn't be spoiled.

This is their first season, but still, between the 'twist' of Gary coming back, and this fiasco of a finale, they need to up their technical game!

Overall, though, I enjoyed the season. What I got to see of it, anyway, which wasn't as much as I would have liked. Too much censorship, even more than BBUS. At least we get to see the endurance comps.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Embarrassing and memorable.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Twitter is going off on this, and it's about 85% negative. Looks like what happened was Topaz was so riled up about finally sticking it to Jillian she just plain didn't hear Arisa saying the vote was for someone, not against, even though she said it at least twice...Tomorrow is gonna be interesting, to say the least.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Topaz and #BBCAN are trending in Canada.

I'm sure Topaz will be overjoyed.

Triomom

02-27-2013

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triomom a private message Print Post    
her hand hovered over garys key, she then grabbed Jillians I just watched it on Jokers update "BB Finale" and zoomed ahead to the ending and re watched it. I think she just did that to save face with gary ROFL.

Triomom

02-27-2013

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triomom a private message Print Post    
Nasty bitter Jury. Glad of the outcome. Kinda sticks it to the Shield HEHEHE so a little extra thrill out of the vote for me

Hwest

07-01-2011

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
http://www.brandonsun.com/entertainment/breaking-news/controversy-swirls-over-jillians-win-on-the-first-ever-big-brother-canada-205905841.html?thx=y

As a lawyer, I say call me, Gary! Yikes. Jillian wins by human error. Meh. producers should fork over a matching prize and save themselves an expensive lawsuit.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ridiculous of Topaz to make that mistake. I feel bad for Gary though the show overall must have done wonders for his self-confidence and you can't put a monetary value on that.

I thought that Emmett played a near perfect game with Jillian. Peter and Alec were egocentric, pathetic, bitter and astonishingly full of themselves.

All in all, considering the resources that they had available and the fact it was a first, I think that BB Canada did a great job with the season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't see how the instructions could be any clearer. Topaz was incompetent but that is certainly not the BB production fault.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
Not production's fault but Topaz isn't the loser, Gary is.

Wavewatcher

09-09-2006

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wavewatcher a private message Print Post    
I don't think this is over yet....

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Sorry this may not be popular but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

When topaz said I am voting for the winner 150 percent, I thought, what a bitter betty.

Good ole Karma, lol

Jillian won, she deserved the win, wish the second place had gone to either Emmett, Talla or Andrew. Gary imo got 20 thousand more than he deserved.

Wavewatcher

09-09-2006

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wavewatcher a private message Print Post    
and...I think that once it all settles in, I wonder how Jillian is going
to feel about accepting a win under such circumstances.

I guess if she figures she deserved it, she won't have a problem
with it though.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Miz... what are your thoughts on this kerfuffle?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am saying this in all sincerity... I hope her family or the producers put Topaz on suicide watch. Between how bad she feels about her costly blunder, and the bad press and tweets... I am REALLY worried about her.

Tomorrow they are going to be on THE MORNING SHOW on Global TV. Hopefully things will sort themselves out by then. (I'm sure the producers will have a busy night in meetings with their legal dept.)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think that Topaz was so concerned with getting in her dig at Jillian with the "my vote is 150% secure" line, which she even said twice, that she didnt pay attention to the rules and was voting to evict rather than to win.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yep. Topaz was so blasted eager to get in a dig at Jillian that she messed up. She certainly understood what had happened and how she should have voted when they were reading the votes. And the tape shows that she clearly put Jillian's card in the slot so there is no chance it was changed as she claimed.

They can only explain the rules so clearly. This is live TV. They can't go back and redo it just because someone screwed up.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching....wow...what a great season finale! I enjoyed it very much! It was great to see the HG's who didn't make it to jury. I couldn't tell whether Tom and Liza were an item or not but I'm assuming not? Loved the clips they showed of all of them. Danielle was a hoot! LOL I could tell Suzette looked mortified when Gary didn't win due to Topaz's error.

I loved the blooper reel...it was hilarious.

I was surprised Talla voted for Jillian, I thought she would vote for Gary. I feel GAry was robbed of his victory. We all knew Topaz didn't like Jillian and LOVED Gary, she was hooting and hollering how great it was he was still in the house the house anytime she got the opportunity. I agree with Hwest and think GAry has a good case if he wanted to pursue it. However, like others have said, I think he was more proud to represent than anything. I really did admire how well he handled coming in second due to Topaz's mistake. Poor Topaz must be mortified. I know everyone thinks it's not fair Gary came back but you know what, BB IS about taking control away from the HG's. Suzette got brought back too so the others should have clued in and tried to be liked. Gary was constantly playing to us the audience with all his persona's, fashion show ect. I'm glad he at least won something.

OVerall very exciting/fun/enjoyable season 1 and I can't wait to see the next one!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What almost upset me more than her screwup was how she just blithely jumped out of her seat and ran around the set having her shit-fit. Lady it's a SCRIPTED live show and every second counts! Geez.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Luv your post Miz!

But I am mortified with embarrassment. We Canadians probably look like giant dingbats to the international BB fans thanks to Topaz' colossal blunder, and Talla being... Talla, and Peter, being... um, rather weird.

ETA, I also am looking forward to another Season next year.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
A part of me thinks Topaz meant to vote for Jillian, made the dig to make Gary think she was voting for him, and was shocked that the names were being read, I think there is a slim possibility that she just got caught and was covering up her vote. Either that or she is a dumba ss.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they are going to have a big cast party and if it will be televised or on youtube or whatever, like they have in the States.

Dan Tweeted: Dan Gheesling @DanGheesling

Big Brother is not always fair. The best players don't always win. In #BBCAN the Final 3 were all "deserving" winners. Congrats to Jill!

'The best players don't always win' - I think it's just more sour grapes that he didn't win last year. LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Big Brother Canada tweet:

@ArisaCox is Co-Hosting @MorningShowCA tomorrow at 9 AM on @Global_TV and dishing on the #BBCAN Finale! All 15 HGs to join her! #BBCAN

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I doubt it was deliberate. Every time she has been on-air since Gary went back in, she had raved about how happy she was that Gary was still in the house, then she cheered that Gary was in the final 2.

This whole season has been a joke. How many times now have comps been screwed up or overturned/disquaified due to the dumb houseguests not understanding the rules? Too many to count.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Too bad we don't have a Canada's Favourite... Gary would have won, hands down!