TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2013: General Discussions: Big Brother Canada‏ starts Feb 27, 2013: Archive through October 05, 2012 users admin

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
There is an open casting happening in Calgary here in Alberta, and there's is a lot of interest among Edmonton 21-30 years olds to go and take part in the casting.. So maybe the Prairies will represent!
Unfortunately though, we had an Edmonton audition for Canada Has Got Talent, and not only did we not represent, our auditions didn't air or even get mentioned.. :-(

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Just figured out COTU= CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Mama sorry it is a common term on one of the boards I frequent cause at times it seems the rest of Canada just does not exist lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
No worries, Kelee. FWIW while I do love my adopted home of Toronto, I'm originally from Montreal. :-)

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Mame that reminds me I wonder if they will have issues with the language. Usually on BB they can only use the language of their nation, to avoid codes etc. A couple years back a couple of players in BB UK got in trouble for using Welsh until people outside complained and said it was a language of the United Kingdom. Now french and english are the national languages are they going to allow the housemates to communicate in either/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Good question. I figure if it's successful they might do a French Cdn version. But if they go bilingual, then they'll have to have subtitles like they do now when they whisper.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ummm there was french canadian version a couple of years bck

it was on V.

i used to watch feeds even tho everyone was french LOL

The host was TV presenter Chéli Sauvé-Castonguay and lasted 63 days. The season launched on March 14, 2010 with fifteen housemates entering the house on Day 1. This series was the first international version to follow the American format in which the game is played internally, but with slight variations.

if anyone is interested in the Canadian differences.. Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(Quebec)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Sun, I had no idea. Cool.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
There are lots of auditions for BB Canada up on youtube. Some are really good, some blah.

Here's a cute rap one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFLrlrHd7e8&feature=related

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
lineup of people in Vancouver at the auditions:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/289736_289301627849505_1312995218_o.jpg

I think this is from this morning

this is from the Big Brother Canada facebook page

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All those people want to be on Big Brother. LOL - I told you guys that Canadians love Big Brother!

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Do you know yet who will be hosting it?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
vancouver is FULL of Actor wannabees. its Hollywood north. i'm sure they'll cast all the 'usual' stereotypes from Toronto and Vancouver, bit actors or wannabees who will do what the Diary room asks..... for GOOD tv of course.

i truly hope for a good mix of REAL canadians. I'm worried there will be lots of USA actors/ models who happen to be living here, claiming to be canadian.

i demand at least ONE prairie farmer and a Newfie as part of the cast. An acadian and of course, a montrealer, No doubt we'll see someone from the OIL industry alberta!

so that leaves half the cast to be Ringers/ actors LOL

i only hope they dont tarnish our BB will some lame USA old contestants. I dont mind a special guest star, like when Pam Anderson went into the BB house as a HM a few seasons ago. she was only there for a couple of days but it messed with the HMs heads for the rest of the season LOL

i would feel a LOT happier about this canadian franchise IF I KNEW that the producer etc had actually SEEN seasons of UK.

i'd love our BB to be meaner and more controlling then the USA version. BB in uk is mercilous, often repeating back exact wordings of convos INFRONT of all the HGs on the couches LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What's going on in here??? I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before. I had the US BB link on the desktop and never needed to go back to the main page but now I did. Wow!!
A BB in Vancouver???
Thank goodness is going to be in Vancouver because here or in the East the weather gets really really cold in February, sometime - 25!!! and how are they going outside with those temperatures??? Why didn't they choose the falls season or the spring season??
In the dead of winter.... brrrrrr.... It will rain and rain and rain in Vancouver.
But I'm glad these boards are up, it's going to be fun!!!!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
actually, the BB house is going to be in Toronto

they're holding casting calls across Canada, and they were in Vancouver a few days ago...

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I hope someone puts it up on YouTube, or we can watch it online, because I don't get that station. Waaaaa.

BB Australia is really, really strict too. This season they're sending people to the naughty room and giving them the most awful tasks to complete.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
BB Canada is doing a casting call today in Calgary...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm amazed at all these casting calls considering as far as I know they barely do anything in the U.S. Seems like an awfully big deal just to select a few people.

Lillian

07-29-2009

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lillian a private message Print Post    
Same production company as Canadian Idol - this is how they like to do it. Creates advance buzz for the show, and the good news is we might get some actual fans playing the game, instead of people plucked out of bars and on Facebook.

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
Here is another audition tape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1rq6wcNb7A

Driggs

05-12-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Driggs a private message Print Post    
FYI, if any of you live in/near Toronto, Dr. Will and Mike Boogie will be at the Toronto casting call on October 14.

Driggs

05-12-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Driggs a private message Print Post    
http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-canada-vancouver-casting-call-with-hayden-moss-what-to-expect-when-you-audition/

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
will there be live feeds or a BBAD?

The logistics of a Canadian version in Winter are tough to imagine. Where will the comps be set up? Even a mostly mild winter is too cold for that, and certainly too unpredictable to count on. There could be an outdoor hot tub, but the steam that raises from that during February would make filming any activity there near impossible to see. What about the early season pre-patch smokers that form their own clique early on?

Lillian

07-29-2009

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lillian a private message Print Post    
I'm curious about this too - the smokers will be fine as they are used to it, but otherwise I expect to see everyone bundled up and some weird comps because it will be hard to plan. February/March in greater Toronto ranges from blizzards and a foot of snow to grey, cold and rainy.

If they're smart they'll have a hot tub and a sauna - otherwise no abs and bikinis!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Indoor hot tub and sauna? Indoor competitions or maybe winter competitions outdoors? It's kind of neat that it's in Feb and March because it should make it different than the American one. I sure hope that Americans will be able to see it as well.