TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Africa 2003: General Discussion users admin

Bastable

Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Between the start of Big Brother Australia and Big Brother USA, the South African-produced version, which is now called Big Brother Africa, kicks in on May 25. Last season, the contestants were South African, so they'd slip into speaking Afrikaans once in a while.

This time, contestants will come from 12 different countries all over Africa. English will be pretty much the only language spoken since it's the only tongue that will be common to all the contestants. They're trying to pick contestants who are not "ambassadorial." Meaning: It won't be too P.C.!

Last year there were feed problems and most North Americans was usually unable to access the show. Let's hope that this season, those problems have been addressed.

It looks like it's going to be absolutely fascinating to watch (if we can this time!). I can't imagine how interesting it's going to be to watch all those different people from all over Africa--a place that is so mysterious to many people.

The link: Big Brother Africa 2003

[Mods-- feel free to slot this into its own folder; I can't do it myself!]

Bastable

Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Anybody been able to access the feeds?

Monkeyboy

Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkeyboy a private message Print Post    
the working website is:

http://www.bigbrotherafrica.com

Wilsonatmd

Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
the way they're going to do evictions is unique, a combination of other countries BB and our BB.
At least 3 people will be up each term, and everyone in the continent can vote. The twelve countries that have contestants have their own lines, and and there's a "neutral line" other countries without contestants can use.

The person with the most votes in a specific country will be the vote to evict from that country. The last vote will be the "neutral countries" vote. The person with the most votes to evict out of the thirteen total votes will be the one evicted. Thus, the populations of the countries and number of votes won't matter, since each vote is equal in the end.. No word on what happens in case of a tie (I guess they go to most second place votes, or take out the two contries votes involved in the tie and decide from there)

Also, since there are so many countries involved, the prize is in US Dollars-$100,000 to the winner.

Jan

Monday, June 30, 2003 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jan a private message Print Post    
I hear real live sex is going on at that house ...under the blankets but unmistakeable between the Ugandan man and the South African woman. Just read it at an entertainment news site.

Bastable

Friday, July 25, 2003 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
It's incredible-- BB UK lasts 64 days. But BB Africa will go on for an amazing 106 days. They started at around the same time, but BB UK announced its winner tonight and BB Africa still has NINE houseguests left!

Ruditoo

Friday, October 10, 2003 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruditoo a private message Print Post    
Bastable, Monkeyboy, Wilsonatmd, Jan, Ocean_Islands I wanted you each to know that you are appreciated !!!! Thanks for sharing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: