TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through August 10, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't see what Deana has done to be disliked to the degree she is on other boards. There is nothing that she's said or done to justify it all. That's why I think it's Conor and his friends, or perhaps even Conor's supporters. It looks more to me like anything Deana is saying or doing is put under a microscope and targeted for scrutiny (not here), which is basically what happened to her in the house. BB has taken that one clip of her and Luke S, and run it over and over, just like they did with Luke A. No one is perfect, including Deana. It just makes no sense, unless it's BB trying to muster votes or viewers, I don't know. It's just a silly game show, though.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Stormie your mistake is going to other boards ;) ;) ;). Seriously though, DS for example, although a good source of info a lot of the time, has more than its fair share of crazy people and I try not to take anything I read there to heart.

I think Deana's got a poke-the-lion part to her character that I don't like. She showed it at the beginning a bit, until Conor and co. squashed the spirit out of her, and now they've gone it's come back. I don't have much sympathy for Luke S but I still don't like how Deana keeps niggling on, even if it is to someone I don't care much about. I hoped it would be just that one night where maybe she was all excited (not to mention drunk) after Conor and Becky leaving, but she doesn't seem to be able to let it go.

I don't think it's comparable to the nastiness that has spewed from Conor, Caroline, Ashleigh and Becky, but it's just not attractive. And because all but Ashleigh of the really cruel ones have left, Deana looks worse than she would have done if BB had other people still in the house saying not so nice things that could share the camera time.

The most detrimental thing she's done to her chances is lost the sympathy vote. I still like her, I still think she's quite a nice person, but I no longer have the need to protect her, I suppose, so if I were the voting sort I'd give her a vote or two, but not the eight or ten I might have done otherwise.

Whether that will bring her down from what was probably the number one spot to the number two or even three... I think it might be. With Scott being a wildcard and it being a double eviction on Friday I think it even puts her in jeopardy then.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
so its even here eh??

deana's humor is not 'torturing' anyone. She is saying things infront of people and not behind their back.

she isnt saying anything that is not similar to what others were Constantly doing...i think deana is trying to joke off about the money. She seems deeply upset that conor benefited AND the prize money is half gone.

Most of us were also upset but Deana is probably wondering What the HECK she is even in the house for anymore.

going out at this point give a person all kinds of BOTS exposure and a longer interview... the finale is always rushed and there is not as much one on one time.

Its very possible deana wants OUT but doesnt want to make it too obvious

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
That's true Kitt, lol. Deana doesn't look bad to me, she looks authentic. People are not always nice or quiet, they also have a bad side. And if this is all there is to Deana's bad side, then it's not so bad to me. I actually think it was funny, in the two incidents shown, that Deana was ribbing Luke S; he needed to be taken down a few pegs. I am not seeing the horrible Deana, I'm just seeing someone letting off steam. And frankly, if Luke S really minded, I think he would tell Deana he's upset, he's not a wall flower. But he doesn't, why, bc he's milking the pity party all the way to the final and needs some reason to win. And Deana continuing the soldier thing, to me is telling, in that she knows she is still a target, even though Luke A doesn't seem to feel he is; he's more relaxed, whereas she's still on high alert. Although I wish Sara were up instead of Scott, I hope Scott and Ashleigh go, but it's all up in the air, anyone could leave at this point.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Maybe she is Sunshyne, I just haven't seen anything that would make me believe that, but you never know.

To me, there is a difference between chastising everything someone does--every single thing--and getting others to join in, to chiding someone for something they did. I also don't see that there is even a close resemblance between what Conor said about Deana, to anything anyone else in the house has said. None of it seems the same to me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting but probably completely innocuous live tweet this morning:

Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

3.23pm: The Outsiders are lounging outside shooting the breeze like lifelong friends. How will they cope if Adam goes this Friday?

Just that the Outsiders include Adam and Deana, and yet they only mention the chance that Adam might go... do they know Deana is way ahead in votes and safe???! Probably nothing but the mind of the typer, but I wondered.

Also Deana, Ashleigh and Sara have been arguing over Sara's beauty pageant career. They must really be bored!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne I agree she may want out cause as it is the prize has been cut in half given to her torturer. I remember in BB7 Imogen was so over the moon to go out in the semifinal because she pointed out that she got her own interview her own time on the circuit before everyone else was focused on the winner.

Kitt maybe they are focusing on Adam because to me Adam seems more of the glue. He is super close to LukeA gets along with Deanna and Sara. He had the closest relationship with the other outsider Lauren. Plus they have handled thinking about Deanna going so many times it is old hat.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes true, he's more fundamental to the group. The house in fact.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone is bored there's a poll at the main site you can actually vote in without registering. Go to the Bit On The Side tab here:

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/

and you can vote in "Which former Big Brother 2012 housemate would you most like to see in the final if you could magic them back in?" Not many people have voted so far but Lauren is the clear leader right now. Might be nice to have them know who we are most interested in, so they don't spend the whole hour talking to Conor.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I hope that's not true, I'd like to see Adam, Luke A and Deana make it to the final.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Stormie I don't think they actually mean they will put that person into the final but it would a a talking point for them. Though looking aty the results yeah Lauren is ahead by a clear mile (231), Benedict is second (77) which is possibly due to his repeated and well recieved appearances on BOTS, Arron has (31) Lydia beats Connor just barely by 29 to 26.

Apparently BB put together the Nommy Awards to stir some, BB is the ultimate wooden spoon lol. So they got to see nominations, and the prize for the most gongs was a dinner for four so guess who got left outside again...hmmmmmm

Broken Record Award - For the housemates that has nominated the same housemate every week.
Winner: Luke S for nominating Deana 7 times.

Close Shave Award - For housemate who has nearly been up for eviction the most often.
Winner: Luke S who was one nomination away from being up for nomination on four occasions.

Best Hair and Makeup - For the Housemate that was consistently best groomed when nominating
Winner: Scott for his beautifully powdered face.

Kiss Of Death Award - The Housemate who has successfully nominated the most evicted housemates.
Winners: Scott and Ashleigh for nominating four eventual evictees.

Under The Radar Award - For the least nominated housemate
Winner: Sara, for getting only 6 nominations in 65 day

Public Enemy Award - Most nominated Housemate
Winner: Deana, for receiving a staggering 31 nominations

Special achievement award: Worst nominator - For the Housemate who just can’t make up their mind.
Winner: Sara, who spent a ridiculous amount of time nominating each week

Nemesis Award - For the two Housemates to have nominated each other the most
Winner: Luke A Luke S For the two Housemates to have nominated each other the most

As Luke S won the most gongs - three in total, he received a VIP ticket to a lavish dinner this evening and choose Ashleigh, Sara and Scott as his guests

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Luke S is very lucky, I bet he could have been out in a few of those evictions because he just doesn't have that many fans.

I felt particularly bad for Luke A missing out on the meal, because he would have loved to spend time with the celebrity chef.

Thanks for putting the list together.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Kitt ,,,lol I just cut and paste .. I am horrible that way.

Im the past with the BB Awards dinners they have done they have had the whole group have dinner together. This seems to reek of conspiracy. They set up the gongs and knew who was going to win going in and then set it so he could take three with him. BB blatently knew they would be excluding the outsiders which truly sucks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh well thanks for going to the site that had a list you could paste!! I just read some on the live twitter, but it was hard to tell who got what.

It does seem unfair they judge who got the most gongs when they set up the gongs! One good side though, it reminds the audience that the Outsiders have always been the outsiders, and it might throw some votes their way!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Oh sorry, I was thinking about the tweets regarding Adam and the speculation that he's going. But now that I think about it, I wonder if that poll is about CBB. Maybe BB is thinking about putting someone from this season in. And if that were true, I would like to see Shievonne go in, I think she'd be very entertaining with the celebs; even though Lauren has more votes, I think the votes would change if it said it was for CBB.

Luke S got another golden ticket, very interesting how it worked out that way. BB could have come up with a number of different questions, but they put together ones that would leave Luke S the winner. Either Luke S really does have an uncle working for BB, or maybe BB wanted to see if (or show that) there was still a divide; Luke S could have been given a chance to let bygones be bygones and invited Luke A, but he chose not to. Oh well, they got leftovers.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Backtracking a bit, didn't Luke S try to rewrite history by saying he didn't push the button, or he just went to press it bc Conor did, or I think he even said bc he heard a click? I'm pretty sure he changed it a few times. It's like he's trying so hard to be someone else, but it's not working. It's all very odd.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Luke S has given all those "explanations." I think he's just really, really trying to put a better spin on what happened. I don't blame him because the incident was quite embarrassing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Luke S seems more about his image, and controlling his image, than any other housemate this year.

The Bit On The Side Awards are open to anyone as well. Just five questions but they're here:

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/

(in the Bit On The Side tab) if anyone wants to have their say. The awards will be read out in tonight's BOTS show, so the questions will probably close in an hour or so.

It was good to see them post the results of the "who would you want back" poll and have Lauren and Benedict up top. I just want them to know Conor is not the star they seem to think he is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Luke S's personality was also somewhat squashed by the big characters. He's been quite amusing the last few days. He's still arrogant and still happy to put up with Ashleigh slagging everyone else off, but he is quite funny here and there. He's certainly had a good edit on BB and BOTS the last few days. I think he might not be bottom on the final day after all.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    

Just that the Outsiders include Adam and Deana, and yet they only mention the chance that Adam might go...

because Deana isnt considered one of them. It was Lauren Adam and Luke A. Deana was NOT a smoker so the others were bonding much more. We still see the fall out. Adam jumping down Deana's throat AGAIN in todays daily show.

What a SUCKup, telling Luke S that he NEVER nommed him. I mean seriously Adam, why?? why tell him infront of the WHOLE house? for what purpose?

i thought it was surprising yet not unexpected that Luke A squarely is behind Adam's comments and chooses to go into bedroom to Straighten Out Deana. I see deana's point, if Luke S was a constant topic of complaints and Adam suggested that Luke S needed to go, why mislead his supposed Friends??

i noticed on the show Adam looked furious when deana was Calmly asking him questions. Then he goes and sits alone. How childish.

adam desperately wants to win, hope the viewing public sees how he's willing to backstab his own people and start fights

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I *so* wish Deana had said, "If you had voted Luke S., Lauren would probably still be here."

Dang it soldier, they were being picked off one by one due to the strategy of the other side. I hadn't paid attention to the voting statistics but him never voting for Luke S. was ridiculous - this is a GAME

Winner of the Close Shave Award: Luke S who was ONE (count it Adam, ONE) nomination away from being up for eviction nomination on FOUR occasions.

- For housemate who has nearly been up for eviction the most often.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today they got haircuts, but when they went to the "salon" it was that hideous Mr Snuggles (the freaky looking clown from last season). Apart from spray tanning Scott's face until a nice burnt umber he doesn't seem to have done too much harm (and I presume it was fake spray tan, at least I hope so!). Now it sounds like they get to see a proper hairdresser/beauty person.

No change in tonight's TV listings, still just a one hour show, so expect the first eviction to happen early.

1-2pm BB
2-3pm BOTS
3-4pm BB Live

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ooooooooo willwillbee, that would have been a direct score!!

there is a clip on ch5 of deana trying to apologize to adam- he is not gratious. makes comments about her being stupid, then when she says she wasnt mad he blurts out Seemed like it!

its true tho. if adam had nomed luke S as he inferred repeatedly, lauren could indeed still ahve been in the house

but..... lauren was a threat >>???

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'll be spoiling the eviction show as normal... run away if you don't want to see!

First Brian run through of the names:
Ashley - big boos
Adam - big cheers
Deana - big boos!!
Scott - big cheers!

I still think Deana's safe, if she isn't then a lot of people are very fickle! I'm worried about Adam though, because of Scott.

It sounds like "Get Deana Out!" but it's a bit of a mess.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Deana got big boos?? Even with a bad edit, I figured that she could lose half her number of supporters and still be ahead of the others.