TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through August 06, 2012 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
It looked to me like Luke said he was going to do it and Conor said "wait until 40". Luke made a grand slap of the buzzer but Conor was holding his hands right next to the buzzer and hit it first. Luke looked happy like he thought he'd won it until he realizes Conor's buzzer stand was lit up red. I could see where Luke would feel betrayed by Conor.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I'm actutally really disappointed that Conor won that much money without a public vote. I know they have done this sort of thing before but it does seem a whole lot unfair how it was decided to go into the white room for such a huge prize.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I get how this sort of thing has become part of the game, but it was weird everyone but Adam got to be a part of choosing (except the nominees of course, but that made sense) who went in there and that just adds to the unfair feeling. Plus I still think Conor should have been chucked out of the game when he said that about Deana, so him of all people getting the money, and so much money... seems particularly unfair.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt And you may be right, Conor and Becky's voters might just vote for Ashleigh, Sara or Scott, just to get Deana, Luke A or Adam out. And if they are in the final, all their votes might go to Luke S for the win.

I do see Luke S's point about the buzzer, bc Conor did tell him to press it when it hit 40, he also kept asking Luke S what do to. Conor had his hand right next to the buzzer, whereas Luke S had his behind him. That's when BB should have stepped in to ensure both had their hands behind their back. Then Conor said to Brian, that Luke S has a home already, so what, is everyone supposed to believe Conor is more deserving bc he lives with his parents? To me Conor is as phoney as the day is long. And I think he's full of it when speaking about Deana. I don't think he's sorry for what he said, not one bit. Conor's life circumstances doesn't give him more right to be in BB than Deana, moreover, he was friends with Caroline, who I guess is from a well to do family. What someone has is not relevent, or are we all supposed to weep for him? He's lucky he has a roof over his head and should thank his parents for giving it to him. He's so full of it. Ridiculous Ch5 producers!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
In his interview with Brian and Emma, Conor said he was sorry for his rant about Deana. Neither one of them asked why he never apologized to Deana in the house. It would have made his current regret at least more believable to me, although his remarks still not forgivable, if he'd just apologized to her. He didn't have to specify what he said, but could have generalized it as just really mean words.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree, Conor should have apologized directly to Deana, and when it happened too. I don't believe him at all. I also noticed Conor said either Adam or Ashleigh should win; it looked to me like Becky seemed very surprised when he said that. I don't believe that he feels that either. Life circumstance is no reason to win, I guess Conor is going to try to make people feel bad for him, though, and then try to compare himself to Adam. I'm just not buying what he's selling. Good luck to Conor, invest well, please don't show up on bits this weekend, or at the finale, lol. Conor who?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 2:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Help me with the definition of "fancy" please.

Luke A. asked if women would fancy him after they got out. People on digital spy are claiming that just means "finds attractive". I always thought that it meant finds attractive enough to desire a sexual relationship.

Luke A. claims to have been a big "ladies man" prior to marriage. It struck me as him wanting to take advantage of groupie action.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I took Luke A's comment more along the lines of he wanted the reassurance that his physical change was where he wanted it to be, i.e., desirable to other women. An ego boost to him. They said something on BOTS that he wanted to be a TV chef and I would imagine he's interested in his likeability factor for that, too. -just my guess though.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Fancy just means find someone attractive. Like I fancy Ewan McGregor. They'd say something like "do you think girls will want to cop off with me" if they meant will girls actually err... want to engage with them.

I think his ladies' man comment in the VT might have been bluster to make himself sound special to the recruiters. He only transitioned three years ago and I presume he's been with his wife for a good chunk of that.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It all ties in with his want/need to be accepted. The only thing he really wanted from BB was acceptance (the money wouldn't hurt) but he was shut down by the insiders. He and Deana haven't really been able to be themselves because they were shot down so many times by Conor, Arron, Becky and Caroline. It will now be interesting to see them come out of their shells. I don't think Luke S has the quickness to shut them down while Ashleigh and Sara are easy to deal with.

I'd prefer Luke A winning, but will be fine if it's Deana or Adam.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I want Luke A to win too (and would also be fine with Deana or Adam). Adam gets a bit too bee-in-his-bonnet at times and Deana pokes-the-bear too much (not for life, just compared to Luke A). You can see over the last week how Deana has relaxed and is more like the person her friends talk about.

I think I'm a lot like Luke A, I'm what people would call boring, I like people watching and I like talking about people as curiosities. I get a bit cold and probably condescending if people try to have a non-logic based conversation with me. And if people attack me I'm going to think witchy things and sometimes I'm going to say them, and afterwards I'm going to beat myself for saying something I knew was wrong in the first place. Soooo... I identify.

I don't actually mind Luke S (and I did feel bad for him last night). He's completely self-obsessed but he hasn't been that nasty to others. I don't like Ashleigh. Scott I can't help but like, despite the fact he's always flirted with the dark side. It's Sara who my opinions have changed the most on lately. She seems so paranoid about looking bad that she just goes a bit psycho when people ask her something she can't answer, and then spends ages trying to justify her own fear.

Right now I'd like this order:

Luke A to win
Deana
Adam
Scott
Luke S
Sara
Ashleigh

I really fear though, unless everyone is up (but Luke S), we're going to lose one of the Outsiders in the next eviction.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched anything but am totally livid that Connor walked out with that much money (was totally grumpy last night about it and was visting with my parents , my father said to my husband man we are both going to pay cause some guy got a bunch of cash for doing nothing...I was a right witch with a b about it all)

I think they played this all wrong and it was the worst thing that could have happened to this series cause it just is massive slam on the public.

I am wondering if they will let Luke nominate. They shouldnt but this series seems to be rigged for the maxium screw ups by producers.

If this one has to be a double which it seems it will have to be then there would need to at least be three people up. If the insiders including Scott and Sara stick to form and all vote LukeA and Deanna then they will have same number of votes. Just need all the outsiders to vote the same and there will be 4 options.But the question is if Sara is up against the outsiders she seemed to be quitr popular would she beat them?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
LOL Kellee- my friend cancelled our evening visit after I spent our afternoon phone call complaining about BBUK! I don't think anyone wants to listen to my rants anymore....

I used to really like Sara but I don't think she would stay over any of the outsiders. But what in the world do I know?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The only thing that could redeem this season is if BB has tasks this week that lets them add to the prize money. It is completely unfair for the winner to lose half the money to a numbskull who did nothing but cause trouble in the house with his irrational hatred of others - and it wasn't just Deana he made miserable. He wasn't funny or entertaining and he proved himself to be a total liar and fake friend.

Even if Luke S or his fake girlfriend Trashleigh were to win, it isn't right that they get the same amount of money as someone who did nothing but push a button. They should have topped the money out at 20K or, better still, not done it at all.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm not really feeling the Luke A love - I really am not rooting for anyone particular to win at this point & would be happy with Adam, Deana, Scott or Luke A winning.

I'm liking Adam just a lil bit more than the others though & prefer Deana to win (over the other 2) because she's had such a rough fight with almost *everybody* & always seems to maintain her composure without letting anyone steamroll her. Breathe, Deana, Breathe - lol Rage, Deana, Rage

Luke S got bumped up a couple of notches after his white room experience & Sara is just an annoying extra.

Right now I'd like this order:
to win

Adam
Deana
Scott
Luke A
Luke S
Sara
Ashleigh

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My poor hubby gets my rants! He nods and makes the appropriate noises but I'm sure he's not listening ;).

If that facebook percentage list was representative of phone voting then Sara was the lowest of the top four (Deana 34%, Luke A 21%, Adam 19%, Sara 11%). I'm guessing Sara is less popular now than then because of her persistent arguing with Deana so I don't think she'd beat them. But things could change on a whim.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why they didn't mention who got the MOST votes in this election? I thought of two things, either Deana was top again, and they didn't want to announce it again and make a win for her in the finale seem inevitable, or.... she wasn't top and they feared that if they said someone else was top then people would say it was fixed! I think most likely they didn't want to telegraph that Deana is constantly top.

Just watched today's shows. Conor does a pretty good job on Luke S in persuading him the only option is to give him (Conor) the pass to the final. (Such a stupid idea of BB to have the money counter zoom up like that, and also to tell them they had 60 seconds to decide. They could have easily got them to press at a much lower number than £50K.) Then afterwards he tells him how much the money would change his life and that Luke S should stay with Ashleigh! He has an answer for anything and somehow in that answer he's always the one who should get the best deal.

And then I'm feeling sorry for Luke S, then he goes to the diary room and somehow Adam's the bad guy just for looking at him!

Conor came a bit clean on BOTS that he did lead Luke S on, and basically revealed how much of a game plan he had. And he clearly doesn't care a speck about Luke S (or anyone). Very glad he's out.

I liked Becky on BOTS though, much more like the original Becky and she seems to put everything into perspective.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
somehow Adam's the bad guy just for looking at him!

smirking and laughing. not for just looking at him.
adam often has that antagonistic look in his eyes while the rest of his face is in a neutral smile. I have never liked adam, or luke A.

both have taken their shots at deana to try to infiltrate the insiders.

Luke A is happy his mancrush is back from White room.

as for Conor, i couldnt stomach BOTS today. the softball questions OMG#@#$^!! i couldnt take it.

they are treating him like a hero or something

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Adam has his back to the camera so none of us know what Adam was doing or not doing. I certainly wouldn't trust Luke S's adrenalin-fueled interpretation of the expression of someone he considers his enemy in the house.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne that is how I felt they treated Caroline last week. Easy on her never really questioning how manipulative she was and calling her on her more nastier behaviour.

I won't ne home till Thursday and just going to keep up through here lol

I don\t know if Adam was looking smug or not but even if he was it could just be that Adam always thought poorly of Connor and now he was just proved right.

I am not sure I am okay with Scott winning as some of the things he says and does are questionable. Then again some of the stuff is from the tabloids and other housemates, like the fact that Scott will drink the aftershave when alchol is not available (in a way that makes me think he has some bigger issue at play though) and his commentsa about slapping which he made both about Becky and Deanna. As much as I didn't care for Becky by the end it was wrong.

I agree that if the weekly task should be something where they can money to the prize fund, something fun to take the gloom off of everything. It is not like they will really need a hell of a lot of food since they do not get their shopping till Thursday most times.

I would like LukeA to win but am good with the outsiders in any order. as for the bottom as long as Ashleigh goes first I am ok with it. The only unknown factor at this point is Scott, he is the only one in there who has not faced eviction.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
none of us know

the Hms talked about it later. And in the show we also saw Adam laughing and smiling at Luke S (as he moped and looked miserable) so its not a stretch to BELIEVE luke s's observation that ADAM was laughing at him as he was coming back from Whi room.

in the diary room at 4:30 part three of Daily show, Luke again talks about adam and a clip is shown of adam making his 'usual' expression

at 6:30 of the same segment Adam scott and deana are talking about the situation. Adam is giggling and laughing about it.:

at 12:00 adam is laughing and smiling right infront of luke s discussing the situation.

it isnt a stretch to think adam was absolutely doing the SAME thing when he saw a steamed looking Luke S heading into the house. however, i find adam inappropriately smiley. he often has that look plastered on his face as others are arguing and he'll loudly exclaim, Keep me out of it or Claim he does know whats going on.

btw i'm not sure if anyone else caught this but i watched it back a few times. the highly edited 'fight' between becky and deana was STARTED by adam!!!

i've noticed him taking shots at deana in various clips, it often is edited fully out of daily show but finally they slipped a bit in. Becky guffawed when aDAm was reprimanding deana for her attitude and quote "patronizing" voice.

He's just as much of a stirrer as Lauren.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Several of them were laughing at Luke S. If I had been there I would have laughed in his face and I would have reminded his fake girlfriend that he DID push the button, but too late. This man is the most arrogant man in the house. "Men want to be me, women want to be with me."

Adam has developed a non-committal, but pleasant expression due to his time in prison. He has learned that it is better not to react so that he doesn't get caught in the fray. What you see is his way of not getting involved in a fight that isn't his.

To me, his comment about Deana being patronizing was said in a sarcastic, teasing way since that is what several of the insiders say of her. She ran with it when Becky stuck her nose in and commented that she should pay attention or work on it - I don't remember Becky's exact wording. Then Deana ran with it and made Becky look like the fool she is. Good for Deana!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, prison face! I thought that too. He has a very "I'm just doing my thing, leave me out of this" face a lot of the time.

I think Adam's comment to Deana was playing between friends. As usual Becky, who should have realised she'd caused her own issue, blew it out of all proportion and went running to the others.

Although Deana is in the right with her facts/observations a lot of the time, she's beginning to make me cringe a bit. When she kept on at Luke S about how he should cry and how bad he should feel I thought she was just rubbing it in and trying to upset him. Her first couple of weeks in the house, before her personality was so suppressed, she annoyed me and now the big oppressors have left she's back to that, and I think it will cost her votes. It's brought out a fun side I like, and a needling side I don't like.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Help me with the definition of "fancy" please

it just means LIKE.

when someone comes for a visit we ask "fancy a cuppa?"

another example is " Do you fancy a chocolate birthday cake or would you rather have Carrot?"

or in this case, I dont fancy her!!

I just looked it up to be official Adjective:
Elaborate in structure or decoration.
Verb:
Feel a desire or liking for: "do you fancy a drink?".
Noun:
A feeling of liking or attraction, typically one that is superficial or transient.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
What you see is his way of not getting involved in a fight that isn't his

he starts them, he stirs it. IF you know certain people are gunning for your socalled friend, why in the HECK would you start an argument or meanspirited teasing INFRONT of those antagonistic people??

in that fact, we can see the truth. There is a reason that Adam isnt tarnished with his association with Luke A and Deana, its cause its Obvious he is NOT with deana.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Up for eviction this week:

Adam
Ashleigh
Deana
Scott

Haven't found out whether Luke S nominated yet.