TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through August 03, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't believe that one comment defines who Luke A is, and I said that bc bits and the highlights appeared to be trying to do that. What Luke A said was to Adam and Deana, he didn't come out and say Becky doesn't care about her BMI, then rag on about her weight, he compared her not caring about her BMI to not caring about him. It shouldn't have been said, but there is a clear distinction from what Luke A said, and all the horrible things Caroline and her group has said about others.

After the fact, Luke A compared what he had gone through in his life, being isolated, gossiped about, ridiculed, etc., bc of his gender identity, to how Becky may be feeling. Luke A then felt bad and tried to apologize. That's generally when people recognize a wrong towards someone, after the fact, though some can see how what they've said affects others right away. Luke A expressed remorse, he tried to speak to Becky, but she chose to dismiss him, and make it into a comedy routine, further isolating Luke A from her group.

Caroline made a comment about Adam, got caught by BB, then expressed remorse, but never stopped in her snide, nasty comments about him, Deana, and Luke A. Conor also has said really nasty things about them (and others including Becky and Scott), particularly his vile, nasty statement about Deana, yet he never showed remorse or made any effort to apologize, he just continued and continues to belittle Deana. Scott made what could be construed as a racist remark about Deana, got a slap on the wrist, but never apologized. What was important to them? In my opinion, it was not getting kicked out of the house. Just last night Scott got another slap on the wrist for another Deana comment, no remorse nor apology, though. And of course it was during yet anther Deana bashing session with Ashleigh and Becky. Remorse? Apology? No, a continuation of the same things the've been doing all along.

For me, Conor and Luke S standing over Becky and laughing at her exercising in the pool and pretending to exercise in the bedroom, is worse to me than any flippant comment Luke A made, bc they were mocking her, while Luke A said something mean bc of his being hurt, not bc he really wanted to hurt her. He's human that way. He's not perfect, he's said some not nice things, so has Adam and Deana, but none of them grouped together and ganged up on someone for no other reason that to hurt them, the way Becky, Scott, Ashleigh, Luke S and Conor have done (along with Caroline, Arron and Shievonne). Also, I believe Caroline was present when Conor made that horrible comment about Deana and she laughed. Caroline does not care about other people's feelings, she has proven that time and time again. There is something wrong with that girl.

I do think with Luke A, Deana and Adam, they always feel as if they cannot relax and be themselves, bc no matter what they say or do, every word and action is put under a microscope and scrutinized, everything. From the way they sit, eat, dance, breath, whatever it is, it is made fun of and ridiculed. I am so happy they are starting to speak up, particularly Deana, rather than sit back and let the others rag on them.

ETA: I think once out of the house, Arron and Shievonne realized they may have hurt others and feel bad about it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Arron, particularly, seems a lot more reasonable out of the house. Shievonne seems to be keen to look good and throw out a few of her catchy sayings.

MamaB, can't remember whether you were out all week or just yesterday, but today's show had no new revelations about the White Room, they just showed Sara leaving and then getting into another argument over nothing with Deana. Then Ashleigh told Sara that maybe Deana was trying to make her look bad, and so that started a big slagging off Deana session.

I think Sara's lost a lot of votes this week, she's just coming across as having no mind of own, and way too quick to take offense and start arguments.

I'll post (if no one else does) about the White Room twist when BOTS announces it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BOTS says:

Twist tomorrow night... "biggest twist of the season." Tomorrow night Conor and Luke S agonising decision that will change their lives forever.

They've been told one of them will win pass to final, what they don't know is that one of them can snatch £50,000 tomorrow night, but that housemate will have to leave the house immediately!

Emma confirmed that if one takes the money the other gets the pass to the final. She doesn't make it clear (I think?) whether the pass to the final is available if no one leaves.

My thought is Luke S might take it, Conor won't. Luke S knows he won't win, Conor still thinks he might.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I hope that isn't coming out of the prize fund like how they divided things last year cause that would suck.I didn't think it was fair last year but at least then all the housemates knew the deal and could all decide together rather than only three being able to take part in a task. i hate the fact that a misogynistic verbally abusive bully could possible walk out of there with what equals half the winners prize.

i think LukeS will take it if he thinks Ashleigh will have gone. Otherwise not so sure. I do hope he take it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's coming out of the prize fund, sorry, should have made that clear. Luke S or Conor could get as much as the winner. Sucks pretty bad in my opinion.

And if one of them does take it then they'll be interviewed in the Friday eviction show.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I didn't plan on being out today, but it happened. Out of town relatives thought they were leaving this am and it turns out the tickets were for pm. Well, they'll be gone tonight and I'll be here tomorrow.

It is completely unfair if one of those two wins half the prize money. Really a horrible twist.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Then at the end of BOTS they said Luke S quit. But the big twist with the money is still on? Did he just say "I quit" but didn't leave the room? Confusing....

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Luke S quit his punishment of separating white and black beans using chopsticks(!). I presume all that will happen is he'll be given another punishment. It'd be good if they took some of their £50K away for it.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Quit?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
After seeing the show and BOTS, I think it's possible that neither one of them will want the money. They will both want the ticket to the end, but they both might consider taking the money and leaving an admission of defeat. Let's just hope so. It's just so unfair for the real winner to not get the whole prize after putting up with <self mod> for so long.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Quit the task, Sandra, not quite the White Room.

It seems unfair to me too. I thought it would be £25K which was ok, but half? Particularly as who went in there seemed so strange, with Adam being the only one who couldn't be a part of the decision. I'm pretty sure Sara would have said Adam could go in, and Adam vs Luke S and Conor would have made for a more interesting challenge for everyone, including Luke S and Conor! And if the once live show yesterday (which turned into a regular show) was when they decided which of the three was to leave that would have been something too!

Both Luke S and Conor seem to know they are on camera in that room and are playing up to it big time. Conor with his "doing it for my fans" thing, and Luke S tearing up over Sara, who wanted to go leaving! I don't think Conor can go now, after the fans comment, but I don't know about Luke S. My thinking is he wants fame and money, and he might consider taking the cash to be a big move that would get him attention. Especially as he knows he's going to be near the bottom in the finale, if he gets there.

What they didn't clarify is whether the two prizes (ticket to final, £50K) were linked. I.e. can one take the golden ticket if the other doesn't take the cash? I presume they can, although that phrase Emma used to describe it made me think they were linked. It might be good viewing if Conor was desperate to take the ticket but in doing so he had to basically evict Luke S.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What would have been a good twist... the lowest votes goes home (say that's Ashleigh) in the normal eviction then the White Room people have to make a decision.

Becky is the second from the bottom, and the White House people have to decide whether one of them gets the £50K and gets to leave now, or Becky gets evicted (with no money) instead! Oh the mental weigh-ups they would have over that!

(That is completely not happening by the way, just thinking it would be good if it did!)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Well Kitt, I think you should become the new producer of BB UK. Your ideas are way better than anything TPTB have come up with.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol, it would backfire horribly though if Luke A were second from the bottom. They'd be quick to justify that!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i think the thing is that the general public is not happy with this twist. Yet BBBOTS says nothing of the negative. I think this is one of the lowest points of BB ever. This is even lower than the year they took away the prize and made them earn it back (BB10). i would even say this is on par with the Jade/Jo/Danielle cause at least they walked out to nothing no huge reward for their poor behaviour.

i am not even sure they can come back from this one, they have totally annoyed their viewing public.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I like your twist better too, lol.

I'd rather someone win the white room, then either choose the money and leave, or choose the pass to the final. And the losing person just goes back to the house.

I don't know that either will take the money, but bc Luke S has been melting down a bit, I think he might take the money and leave; I guess I'd rather him take the money than Conor. If Conor gets the pass, whatever, more boos for him. I hope Becky gets evicted, if it's a double, then I hope Ashleigh goes too, though you never know with the voting problems they've had this week, it could be Luke A and Deana. I hope that doesn't happen, but it might.

ETA: I agree Kellee. I think had Conor been removed when he said what he did, things would have been so much more different, bc there would have been consequences early on, real consequences, not something to laugh off.

Amy

07-10-2002

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Well, that's not very fair but I guess no one ever said bb was fair.

First Sara will be upset because I bet she wouldn't have left so quickly if that had been part of the deal when she volunteered to walk out.
All the other housemates that weren't even given the chance to go in the white room will also be mad because they won't even get an option to take the offer.

I was really hoping that the white room would have ended with one person taking the pass to the finale and the other person getting evicted. That would have made for some great tv.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, really it's two uncontested prizes for two of the most least liked (remaining) players in the game. Stupid of them not to let Adam in there, it would have added a lot more viewer interest (Insiders vs Outsiders) and also not opened them up to even more "fix" allegations.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Catching up a bit at DS... someone there pointed out that on BBAus they weren't offered the prize money all at once, the offer went up in stages, and that's what the buzzers are for (buzzing in to accept the offer). It would be good if they did that here and one of them took it when it was much lower than £50K.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
truthfully even if they had let Adam in I would still not be pleased with the twist. It sucks, as it almost says hey we are going to pick a winner and you get to pick the runner up to the public. Okay I am really angered by the fact that they changed what they said would be the criteria (lowest votes this series changed to this week) and that they did it in a way to cut out the one player I might have wanted to take the money and run (Adam9 but they really screwed up this season royally.

I am not even sure how this series will end but I do know it will go down as the meanest house of all this may be my BBUS6 I found that house was the one that turned me off of watching.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
What really stinks about the white room is that the least popular people are being rewarded.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
This is one eviction I'm not looking forward to. The whole white room thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also smelling fishy is that there is no Facebook voting. It's possible that people following Deana in India have been voting on Facebook and she will lose all those well deserved votes to say nothing of other country's fans.

Deana has been the clear favorite for most of the series and it seems that BB is doing everything they possibly can to make sure she doesn't win. Luke a has also been favored by the public and they seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill (BMI) when many other have said far far worse. It's as if BB is going out of their way to prevent a win by either of them and also making sure that if by some chance either Deana or Luke A. wins they won't take the whole prize.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I guess what's done is done for this season, but I hope they've noticed that the viewers haven't been happy and will consider better ways of interviewing prospective housemates, and then think hard about what they will allow in the house without punishment. Hope they don't let them talk about nominations anymore too, I think that started the problem with the two such distinct sides.

I'll be spoiling the show in 20 minutes, so run away anyone who doesn't want to know!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
At least Brian said up to 50k, not a guaranteed 50k.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Brian is saying they can snatch "up to £50,000" from the prize fund so it seems like there will be some sort of bidding thing. Fingers crossed they give in at £10K.

First run through:
Ashleigh big boos
Deana loud cheers but with a loud boo section
Luke A louder cheers but with a loud boo section
Becky big big boos

The chant is a name with two syllables, but I can't work out what it is yet.