TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through August 02, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
There's a rumor that the white room winner will be offered a portion of the prize money, rather than a pass to the final, but then they have to leave the house, I guess be evicted right then and there. I'm wondering if it's true, that would be good if Conor or Luke S took it. There's got to be something more, something like that would be great, lol.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
There's some people on DS saying the facebook voting for Deana is messed up, now some are saying when they called to vote for Deana, it said thank you for voting for "Becky." If this is true, major fix.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
There is no facebook voting for this week: they say if it does not return for the rest of this series they will refund money spent on votes. but if it comes back for celebrity I will be ticked. i can't vote any other way so this is truly annoying and how is it they can not find someone in their organization to fix it. They just don't want to.

If Connor gets the money it is unfair. He should not be in there. He should be out on his backside see you later, like Emily, Alex, Dennis, he said so much worse than any of them and still he sits there with his smug face.

I haven't watched this week, I tried but got so annoyed with the molly coddling of Caroline, and this whole thing with luke is just depressing. I have been keeping up on twitter (which ironically my posts to @bbuk will no longer show up in their stream, so i am guessing Iam annoying them.lol

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Just watch today's show. What is the point of the white room? It just seems so nothing. Why did they have three go in if it is a task for two? Why should it be a task for two? If they had everyone who isn't nominated in there, they might have gotten some fireworks going, but as it is, it's a big snore. I can imagine if they had put everyone who isn't up in and let them push the button whenever they wanted, they might well have ended up with the same two, but at least it would have been interesting.

I do not understand why they seem to want Becky and Conor to succeed and make it to the end, but seem not to want Deana and Luke a to make it that far. We'll know if they are actually cheating and manipulating the votes by who goes this Friday because I cannot believe that anyone who has watched the show would want to keep Becky and/or Ashleigh.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like that rumour - the white room winner will be offered cash to leave - that's something I'd be interested in watching. They have kind of hinted that there's a twist that's more than what they've announced. Imagine Luke S winning and thinking he gets a free pass, and then they say 60 seconds to decide whether you want to take the pass and stay to the end, or you can take $25,000 now and leave now!

And it is meant to end on Friday (not Thursday like I thought) so they could do it during the eviction show, and interview the person if they did choose to leave. (I can't see either of them leaving if they didn't get all the normal press.)

Today's show was originally billed as "live" so maybe they did intend to do that, and then decided against it though. If they don't throw a big twist in like that it's been such a failure of a task, particularly given the build up to it.

I read something about people hacking Facebook credits (i.e. getting more without paying for them) and a lot about scams making people think they are getting credits when they end up not getting them, so I wonder if they stopped Facebook voting because of that. They have to be so careful to not be involved in anything which might be fixed because of the new laws they set up after the scandals of a few years ago.

Even if the message saying Becky when people voted for Deana is just a mistake and the votes are still going on Deana's tally, that's still a big thing because it means those people who might have voted 20 times end up not doing that, because they're not sure they're voting for who they wanted. I looked at twitter and quite a few people have told @BBUK about it (Kellee?!?) so it should at least be fixed soon, if there ever was a problem.

My latest, ever changing theory about what BB are doing in seeming to promote the Insiders is that's it's all just negative reinforcement. They support Conor and Caroline so we are even more likely to vote for Luke A and Deana because we don't like that they seem so biased. I can't imagine they'd rather have Conor or Luke S sitting there at the end, given their behaviour, than Luke S or Deana.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just checked the tv schedule again, and Friday's has changed, we're back to a 1.5hr main show, suitable for surprise people leaving the White Room... but also could just be that they've found no one watches the half hour eviction show if they split them up.

1-2.30pm BB: Live Eviction
2.30-3.30pm BB: Live from the house
3.30-4.15pm BOTS

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
This is probably a very stupid question but was Kirk Norcross on CBB at some point? I really don't remember him.

I'm frustrated with the show and feel like I've put a lot of time into something that's really gone very dark for me. There are a lot of bully reality shows and I don't watch them. BBUK was never that for me until now.

I would like to say that Caroline's lack of interaction and body language in the dinner BOTS piece shows that she has reached her limit of negative reaction. There is a chance she could actually realize how horrible her behavior was and grow from it. I'm not holding my breath for it but I am pleased that she's taken in enough to reach the point of possibility.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Kirk was in the one the last one with Frankie and Denise.He came out in a double with Natalie Cassidy.

Kitt..uhmmm yep same name on twitter,..the only time I use twitter pretty well much is when BBUK is on...lol..and I will most likely keep complaining about the voting mess up..lol..i am just annoying like that

I read an article that said Scott got another slap on the wrist

Loudmouth Becky Hannon, 19, and Essex girl Ashleigh Hughes, 21, also stabbed their rival in the back.

Speaking about the reigning Miss India UK champion, Becky blasted: “There’s no model about her, it’s just absolutely ridiculous, there’s no spark in her eyes.”

Scott replied: “Oh my God, I just wanted to throw a glass of water at her.

“It annoys me, it has a slapability factor.”

Ashleigh waded into the discussion, bitching: “She makes me so angry, she thinks she’s God’s gift.

“She’s so evil, she’s so devious. Just because she’s got Miss India UK she thinks she’s f***ing... Argh!”

Becky added: “She’s a lazy .”

http://http://www.dailystar.co.uk/bigbrother/view/265131/Scott-Mason-rap-for-Deana-Uppal-slaps-/

The thing is if i have read correctly the daily star is owned by the parent company who also owns Channel5

I can't help but feel there needs to be something done if this is the result

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kirk was in the last CBB, the one with Andrew Stone. He was out about half way. He had a kind of bromance with Frankie.

Yes, at least Caroline's no longer laughing her way through everything. I wonder if she's spoken to anyone about what happened.

I agree about this BB getting dark. The last time I felt like this was when Bea was continually berating that sweet but dippy posh boy (Freddie?). At one point she almost destroyed him.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't find your actual tweets, Kellee, just lots and lots saying the same thing! They're still at it, now saying there's no message at all when they call, so BB will have to comment on it.

I don't like violent language, but I don't think Scott has any intent behind what he says, they're just words to him. So though I don't like it, and I understand BB wanting to give warnings out of principle, what he says wouldn't worry me. I'd be much more hurt by the way Becky and Ashleigh talk.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Who thinks its sad that I remember Andrew Stone but not Kirk? LOL.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories for BB (unless it's US BB) but I'm worried about the Facebook issues ... Especially after what Kellee said about Deana and Luke A having such a high Facebook % ....could really affect the vote. Hope not -and it's gotta cut into Ch 5 revenue, right?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Sara nahhhh Andrew seems to be even talked a lot about in the house even after he left. Kirk and Frankie seemed to spend a lot of time together.

BTW has anyone else seen Michael Madsen in the new Bieber video, menancing as ever

i don't think it will effect their bottom line as it costs more to vote the other way.

I just find that channel5 is more about manipulation than channel4 was.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Andrew Stone is irritatingly unforgettable!

Got to hope the usual facebook voters actually pick up the phone and call. I don't know how much the facebook credits cost, but the phone call is 36p, which isn't a small amount, that might have an impact on number of votes. And of course young people live on facebook and they feel it's convenient for them.

And overseas people can't vote without facebook... I wonder how significant that actually is!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I can't believe Scott got away with talking horrible about Deana again, then just gets another slap on the wrist. Right on schedule, Scott, Ashleigh and Becky were badmouthing her, they never quit. What's it to Becky if Deana thinks she's fat, it has nothing to do with her. I would think bb would want to keep viewers, not alienate them by allowing this to continue, but they are.

That makes sense. It might be some bb tactic to get the public to vote for Deana and Luke A, maybe they have been dwindling in viewers, so they're trying to make it look like they are all for Conor and Becky to get more viewers to call. I hope then it only appears they've messed up the voting, as it looks like it might put Deana and Luke A at risk.

I don't recall bb saying that by getting a pass to the final, the white room winner will stay in the house and be safe until the final night. Maybe it's a play on words and bb means that the white room winner will be evicted and get a pass to get into the final, or backstage at the final. It's speculation, but you never know.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Someone captured the vote for Deana and the voice says "Thank you for voting for Becky" thing on video!!!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xskhi3_vote-deana-and-you-vote-for-becky-wtf_shortfilms

I really think they have to suspend the vote. Even if the vote actually goes to Deana (even though it says Becky) people change their voting patterns when they don't know what's happening and that's not fair.

eta: reading at DS and they point out there's no beep noise as the numbers are clicked, so they think it's a fake. A lot are claiming it happened to them, a lot are saying they got through fine. Who knows?!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Marcus Bentley ‏@marcusBBbentley

Just been informed that Emma will be revealing "the twist of the series," tonight on BBOTS!

sooooooo what is the twist of the series, sure as heck fire won't be kicking out the bullies

I am not sure with the behaviour they have been exhibiting lately i am ever going to be able to watch again. I thought it might calm down with Connor gone but Scott seems to be on full tilt.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Looks like that video was definitely faked. Sorry guys. Still a lot of people saying they heard the wrong name when they voted. I wish people wouldn't lie, because if there is any legitimacy to the claims that sort of thing makes BB ignore it.

They have to announce the twist today or everyone will tune out completely! I went through today's tweets and there wasn't one that was interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BOTS tweet:

Bit on the Side ‏@bbbots

Best ever #bbbots alert: Tue 14 Aug features this series' final 5 + celebs + ex-HMs. 18+s email audience@bbbitontheside.com, mad fun awaits.

So there will be five in the house for the final. Nine in the house now, either eight or seven on Friday (Aug3) depending on the twist and how it works out, so they'd definitely need a double, and possibly a triple the next Friday (Aug10), unless there's another eviction show between then and the finale.

There's nothing to suggest an extra eviction show except the Wed8 show is at 9pm not the usual 10pm. Right now it just says it's a highlights show though.

TV schedule has the finale on Monday Aug13, with a BOTS both then (Aug13) and then this extra one on Aug14 looking back on BB and forward to CBB.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Well they have officially cancelled Facebook voting for the rest of the season and have offered refund. Now I have no way to vote. sucks...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bummer, Kellee. It's good for this eviction though, at least people (who can) know they have to call rather than hang around waiting just in case Facebook comes back.

My guess is the phone votes are going to be roughly in line with what the facebook votes would have been... fingers crossed.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
And this one fallible moment is what they use to determine who he is?

ONE>?? Luke A has made a lot more then just one foul bittccchy statement.

he also pulled a caroline. Mock, apologize when caught, then Do it again, then apologize and pretend to clear the air, then when the person comes to thank you for not nomming them the next week you DO IT AGAIN!!

I dont see how everyone can hate caroline for saying mean things and falsely apologizes but luke a gets a nod of approval.

Luke A did NOT get upset or feel a smidge of remorse, UNTIL later when he suddenly realized that the Family were making those comments based on THE TV SHOW that THE PUBLIC were seeing. he then mentally freaked out and bawled his little eyes out moaning about how he was being portrayed on the show.

it was AFTER that when Luke A tried to suck up to becky to "clear the air" for a third time.

you know, it seems like adam drops in my opinion weekly. his silly argument with Deana about how he'd fall out with her over chicken and broccoli.

its pretty obvious to deana by this point that the boys are NOT her friends and i get a big kick of her pep talks. Luke A falls for it but Adam is cagey and i think knows she is a likely winner.

i notice adam constantly trying to mock her or argue with her INFRONT OF THE others. i think he does it to try to suggest he isnt REALLY with them, its just cause he's a smoker.

i like how BBUK ends with so many people in the house. it would be soooo tedious to go down to final three like usa

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Adam was trying to point out to her how wrong it would be to do that just for spite and it would make them no better. Two wrongs do not make a right theory, which I agree with. You can tell Deanna is frustrated cause she put on weight due to the chocolate budget.

I don't think LukeA has falsely apologized. He has never been forced by BB to apologize, which is the point where Caroline's falseness shone so brightly. He tries to clear the air and if that is sucking up so be it.

Ashleigh seems to be going down a dark road getting more vicious in how she speaks about not only Deanna but also her relationship with Luke.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ashleigh and Luke S have been talking to each other in not so nice terms too. The atmosphere in there must be awful. Becky has been just vicious about Luke A. What a season. I hope they have a word with their recruiters/whatever they're called and have them be a bit more careful next year. Although maybe BB thinks controversy means ratings.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
True, very true.

I am wondering what they will do to top the bitchiest house ever. Each year there has been some friction But there is usually at least one housemate who totally rises above it Eugene, Pete, Brian, Liam, Rachel, ect. This year not one person in there has been a saint they seem to range from mild sin to practically Satan. (okay okay Connoer is not the devil but you get what I am saying).

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post