TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through August 01, 2012 users admin

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
though on the bright side we can have a Connor free house and don't have to watch Lushliegh...lol

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-)

I guess tomorrow's show can be mostly highlights as normal, so it won't just be about the white room.

Just had a look at Digital Spy, and some of them are up in arms over how the three were chosen. Apparently the first release of the White Room task said

The four housemates with the least nomination votes to date - Conor, Luke S, Scott and Sara - had one minute to pick three of them 'to enter the White Room to play for a 'money can't buy prize'."

Then they withdrew that and changed the wording to fewest nominations this week.

I'm not sure it would change much, Scott, Luke S and Sara are sure to be in both... they're saying Conor wouldn't be and Adam would be. It would certainly have been more interesting if Adam were in there.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Conor 11111111111(+1 from Deana week one)
Adam 111111
Luke S 1111111111
Scott 1111
Sara 111111

They're right on the numbers. Above is a rough count, might have missed a nom or two, but Adam had less nominations all season that Luke S or Conor. I can't imagine they would have intentionally blocked out Adam to get Conor in just because it would have been a far more interesting task if they has someone from each "side" in there. They're probably wishing Adam was in there right now!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live TV schedule (times are PT):

Tue Jul31 2-3pm BB
Tue Jul31 3-4pm BOTS

Wed Aug01 1-2.15pm BB: The White Room
Wed Aug01 2.15-3.30pm BOTS: White Room Live

Thu Aug02 2-3pm BB
Thu Aug02 3-4pm BOTS

Fri Aug03 1-2pm BB: Eviction
Fri Aug03 2-2.30pm BB: Live From The House
Fri Aug03 3-3.30pm Eviction Interview
Fri Aug03 3.30-4.15pm BOTS

Sat Aug04 1-2.10pm BB
Sat Aug04 2.10-3.10pm BOTS

Sun Aug05 1-2pm BB
Sun Aug05 2-3pm BOTS

Mon Aug06 1-2pm BB
Mon Aug06 2-3pm BOTS

It's the BOTS tomorrow that boasts about being "White Room Live," not the main show, so my thoughts about Brian being bored weren't right! (Well, he might be bored, but not bored while hosting.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
F&F nomination reasons:

Sara's mum: Becky (plays game, actress, screams), Scott (rapscallion, forgettable)

Adam's mum: Ashleigh (colluding in sabotaging shopping list), Becky (drops little bits of poison, runs back and stirs it up)

Deana's friend: Conor (made no effort with D), Ashleigh (one minute nice then will talk about D to others)

Conor's gf: Deana (needs to stop bringing his name into controversy, uses soldier metaphor when people are at war), Luke A (playing game, wants to win, sabotages tasks)

Scott's sister: Deana (lazy, doesn't contribute, outside), Luke A (spoke to Becky about a problem then said she was an actress)

Becky's sister: Luke A (boring, sly, sneaky, "respects me like she respects her BMI" comment), Deana (boring, takes things too seriously, soldier comment)

Luke S's mum: Luke A (dislikes Luke, based on jealousy), Adam (knew Luke S was standing all that time for a coffeemaker)

Ashleigh's dad: Adam (store cupboard and chocolate stomping, hiding cigarettes), Luke A (didn't make eye contact with Ash, wouldn't give her a cigarette)

Luke A's wife: Becky (angry, instead of talking things through), Ashleigh (Luke opened up to her she turned round and told the others, )

ok the b word red stars... I'm just typing what they're saying!!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Connor's girlfriend is saying Deanna brings her name into controversy? that is a laugh and half. i understand people are at war but what is wrong with them saying they are soldiers. They were issolated even the others called them the CC Crew so they rebranded themselves.

Aas for Luke S mother's comment that is a crock, Adam was not allowed to tell them what they got. So exactly how was he to get LukeS to give up without saying hey dude all you going to get is a Coffee Maker. He did tell him he was not giving up, that he could do it for hours.

As for Luke saying becky was an actress Ashleigh is the one who used the word first. and uhmmm isn't that what she is majoring in?

arghhh it is funny the ones who got to say things that the others would not know were Insiders friends and family.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Conor's girlfriend had to mean the controversy over Conor's rape comments to Deana, how on earth is Deana responsible for what Conor said about her?! As far as we've seen she doesn't even know what Conor said!

Yep, Adam wasn't allowed to tell Luke S about the coffeemaker. Luke S's mum would have made more sense if she'd been upset about Adam allocating him the coffeemaker when he knew he would work hard to win.

And all the bad things the F&F said about Becky and Ashleigh, yet what does the consensus in the house seem to be? Everyone in the outside world hates Luke A and Deana. If anything people are going to vote more for Luke A now because it seems so biased.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Deanna's only interaction with Connor is trying to see why he seems to hate her so much. Connor just can not help himself with his words, i loved how he danced around Becky's appearance with the " she has a nice look around her face".Let me make it clear before anyone accuses me of anything like the BMI comment I am a Becky sized girl and often have gotten but you have such a lovely face, it is usually what people say when they can't think of anything complimentary to say about one's appearance). He did it to show that all of girls were lovely in their own way but Deanna is disgusting.

i am again in the not wanting to watch cause they are bashing Luke left right and centre. I have said it once will say it again one comment does not make the man, if like Connor he kept repeating the hatred went on for a huge amount of time about it. Then I would see issue. He has apologized, shown remorse, time to move on.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if they get stipends or incentive for staying longer?

I don't understand why someone (like Luke S.) would want to stay there til the final week when they've been given a huge clue that they don't have a chance to win. This week's next to last in the eviction voting must have given Luke S a clue.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Hope springs eternal, Willwillbee.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they do get a stipend, but it's small. But they've said that anyone who walks won't get to do any of the after shows (BOTS mostly but also help with arranging press interviews) and I think all along Luke S has been thinking of the after-game - the "Peter and Katie" or "The Bachelor" - and what money and/or fame that will bring him.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Funny thing is they said that last year and who featured most on BOTS both in the regular season and in the celeb...Mark...who walked.

I think the thing is LukeS does not really have anything going on that would draw him back home, no big job, no relationship, this is what he has going for him.and he wants to do things like Bachelor ect.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I wasn't considering Luke S walking - I was just wondering why he would want the white room task prize of a pass to the final?

I know walkers are discouraged by BB & the public & understand the pressure to not walk.

It just seems they all seem intent in staying to the end - which makes sense to me if there was some incentive for someone who won't win.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just the prestige of making it to the final I think. And denial that they're not liked.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
personally he is just hyper competitive and actually I hope he or Sara win it cause I am still hoping and praying to see Connor out before the final.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Facebook voting is still down. With the outsiders taking such a large amount of the face book vote (Deana 34% Luke A 21% ) one can only wonder if the conspiracy theories are right. It has been down since 6pm Friday night. How long does it really take to fix something like that?

BTw rumour mills are saying Connor has an uncle on the production team...wonder if there is any validity to that?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
delete please

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I read that Conor might have an Uncle on the bb production team too, but I think this is something that people would find out and speak up about, but then again, stranger things have happened. It's going to get very messy for this program if it's true.

I thought Becky was using what Luke A said to Deana and Adam, to make herself look like a victim, then she began milking it to death. So many people in that house have said so many horrible things about Luke A, including Becky. How many apologized? How many times did Becky apologize to him for the rotten things she's said? It wasn't a nice thing for Luke A to say, but he did try to apologize, and he also looked like he genuinely felt bad. Luke A is fallible, as are all humans, but unlike the other humans in the house, he tried to discuss it with the person he felt he hurt, but Becky just used what he said against him. How long have they been in there? And this one fallible moment is what they use to determine who he is? No, Luke A has been in this house of people saying horrible things about him since day one, I think it shows a lot about his character that he was able to keep it together for this long. I don't know that Becky was really bothered more than loving it.

I wish Conor was up. There is nothing he is doing now, that makes what he said about Deana early on go away; he has never told her what he said, nor made any attempt to apologize, he just continues to invent reasons to dislike her, bc he has no reason to actually dislike her. I wish Deana's friend had mentioned it, but I guess she didn't want to hurt Deana any further.

I hope Becky goes. I don't know what happened to Becky, but it's like she has to be part of what he perceives as the cool kids, so she just joined in the gossip and bullying; I don't like what she did to Lauren, she should go just for that, but there are so many more nasty, snide things she's said about people behind their back. And I get so annoyed that she lets Conor and Luke S laugh at her when she is pretending to excercise, that just bothers me. She doesn't have to do that to herself. I guess Becky thinks they are the in crowd, I don't know.

I don't understand the white room task, if it's just Luke S, Conor and Sara, then I hope Sara wins, but I think she'll leave first; she jumped off the box really early. And I think she'd rather be up for public vote. But to have either Conor or Luke S be handled the final, that seems ridiculous to me. If it is Conor, then I'll definitely think he has an uncle working for bb. I hope there is a twist, a change of people, something, I'd rather see Scott win it, I wish he went in.

I would love to see another nom come out of the white room, some twist that puts up Conor or Luke S. I would love to see them both go, but I guess I'll have to be happy with Caroline having gone last week, that might be the last one I wanted out to actually go.

I loved seeing Lauren confront Caroline on bits, the dinner thing, Caroline wouldn't even look at her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said, Stormie.

I'm surprised they're still all in the White Room, I thought Sara would have gone by now (in fact I thought they'd have all gone, I'm suspicious that BB has told them they can't). When it started they described it as a "three day task" which means they have another day in there. From the live feed tweets they seem to mostly just be bored, although there's a music task just started now.

If anything big happens during the shows today, could someone please post? I'm working this afternoon.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Yikes Kitt!!! I was counting on you to tell me what's going on. LOL We need to coordinate our off days.

I totally agree with everything you said too Stormie. I am a little upset that they all (including Luke a) are blaming him for an off the cuff remark that just happens to be true. It is reminding me of the first year Jannelle was in the BB US house. There were many posters who seemed to blame her for everything bad that happened that year. To the point that her fans were saying that she was responsible for global warming - just to show the haters how silly they sounded.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think either of us are going to miss much, MamaB. The biggest White Room thing (so far) of the day has just happened, BB told them they had to decide between them who leaves, and Sara decided to go. So now it's just Conor and Luke S are in there. I don't really care what happens between those two, I think with just one more eviction after Friday Conor would probably make it to the final anyway, and Luke S is so blah I don't care either way. This task is a bit of a flop for me, they should have had more people in it.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
They had to decide who to go huh Even if Sara wanted to stay do you think either of the boys would have voted for her to, not a chance.

It should have been all non nominated housemates. But then we can talk to we are blue in the face but this bb production team seems to have their own end game in mind.

Amy

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
This white room task has been a huge failure as I see it. To start there were too few people participating and then they were all from one side of the house. If they were going to do it they should have let everyone participate and nominations or evictions should have been based on events in the white room. How is it even fair to only allow 3, now 2, of the remaining housemates compete for a guaranteed spot in the finale.
The only entertaining part of this task is that Luke S and Ashleigh are separated and Connor and Luke S aren't there to control the main house.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree about the white room task, huge failure. It made no sense that bb let them choose who was going to leave, of course Luke S and Conor would choose Sara. I think Scott hit the nail on the head when he said he couldn't stand to watch the fake dramatics from Luke S and Conor, like they cared if they voted Sara out; I respect her reasons for not minding leaving, though. Is there nothing else with this task? But even if Conor or Luke S get to the final, or whichever one gets a free pass, they can be voted out first, with the knowledge that they were so close, yet so far away. That's my resolve in this game.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it should have been everyone not up for eviction too. Or they should have started it on Saturday morning so it could have been completed before nominations, then they could have had everyone compete. It would have been far more dramatic with Luke A, Adam and Deana in there against Conor and Luke S.

I'm here until 1.30 so am watching the first half. It's really upsetting me, Becky is being so cruel and personal about Luke A. I don't know if she's cracked a bit or if it's all an act but she's speaking like he's some evil creature who she can't bear to be on the same planet with. I can't wait for her to go. I just wish it was a double this week.

So far little mention of the White Room, they're not even in it yet.