TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through July 27, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
How sad. It doesn't say she took her top off, but I think that's the nature of that publication. Lauren is a bright, talented, strong young women, I wish some athletic magazine had offered her a shoot, she's so much better than what she got. Sigh.

digitalspy.co.uk

Big Brother Lauren Carre reveals 'Nuts' magazine shoot plans
Wednesday, Jul 25 2012
By Alex Fletcher

Evicted Big Brother housemate Lauren Carre has revealed on Twitter that she will appear in next week's edition of lads' mag Nuts....Con't Here

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
What exactly happened in the Australia one, did they get money AND a chance to win the rest of the prize?

Kitt, they lasted so long BB started offering money to those who would leave. I think one person took it and the other 3 stayed. Then the 3 voted out 1 person.

I can't remember completely, but I think either the audience or the HG's decided who would come in the house between the F2. No one got money and the opportunity to enter the house.

Re the Golden Ticket to the Finals, I would hope it would be like F4 or something.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, Australia did it to enter the house, I didn't realise. I guess the options here are:

a) get £25,000 and have to leave instantly
b) get £25,000 and get to stay until the end but not be able to win the rest of the cash
c) get £25,000 and carry on playing as normal

I don't like c) at all, b) seems a little pointless so I like the idea of them winning £25K and forfeiting their place in the house. The description for the White Room show (1-2.30pm next Wednesday) says:
The contestants face one of the most fiendish challenges in the show's history, as they experience life in the `white room' - an area that has been specifically designed to limit their sensory capabilities. In addition to the everyday difficulties of getting along with each other, how will they cope with this latest test of their endurance?

Then it continues into BOTS "White Rooom Live" (2.30-3.30pm).

The Thursday's (next week) show says rather enigmatically:
Highlights from the day after the white room challenge, in which the housemates spent time in an area designed to limit their sensory capabilities. How have the contestants been affected by the experience - and will any of them be thinking twice about carrying on in the competition?

Thinking twice about carrying on in the competition?? Wonder if they mean the White Room comp or BB itself.

Caroline hasn't had a career so far, she's on her "second gap year," lol. She doesn't seem that interested in anything involving working, so I can't see how this will have changed much for her.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
The house guests decided and Demi got voted in ...

Eugene got to take the money but also still had the chance to win, he placed second which I truly don't understand can some one explain Anthony's appeal to me?

I am thinking it will be like what Jenny got in season 7 a ticket through nominations, and look how well she did. Nice girl but she came out first in the final.

I have placed a few votes already for LukeA will put some on Adam when I get a chance.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did Eugene stay in the house!? I forgot and thought he had to leave. I remember him saying something like he was sure he wouldn't win so it was obvious to him that taking the money was the best idea. I know he didn't win, but I hated him thinking he wasn't in the least bit popular. I think the young girls liked Anthony and that's mostly why he won. Plus he did cope with Craig's adoration pretty well.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Kellee, do you remember how much the first person who left took? I thought it was either $3,000 or $7,000...can't remember. Was it even less than $3,000? I think BB would have gone higher.

Kitt, UK is offering quite a bit of money. I thought they were just doing it for the week's immunity. Wow!

Who does everyone think will be evicted this week?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I only got the £25,000 from the articles online (I think it was the Daily Star), so that might not be the amount they end up offering. I looked up what Eugene got though and it was £50,000 (HALF(!) the final prize) so I think it will be something big like that.

I think Ashleigh will go. Caroline and Conor, though not liked, do have supporters and they know they have to vote to save them. I think Adam, Luke A and Deana have enough fans to be safe, so that leaves Ashleigh, Luke S and Sara. I'm hoping some will take time to vote for Sara because she's nice, even if rather ditzy, and I think Luke S will get more votes than Ashleigh.

I would love a double with Ashleigh and Luke S going, but I think they would have officially announced it if it was a double (to avoid accusations of it being a fix). The extra long show on Friday might be so they don't lose viewers to the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I looked it up on Wikipedia Cruz took $750 which seems insane but if you were going stir crazy. Harrison and Demi voted off Kara and then the housemates voted in Demi. She only lasted two weeks. Their white room was done after they had 6 wild cards two who got voted in by the public and then the 4 that went into the room.

Eugene took the money saying that this way their would be two winners. What he didn't know was that BB said to the others he would double the money if Eugene turned it down. I think seeing as it was 42.7 tp 57.3 that Eugene might have won if he had turned down the money.

Caroline during the fancy dinner task was cringe. LukeA is trying to be serious about his regret and she is acting like a braying donkey. Good on her she has no regrets, wonder if she will have any when she comes out to see herself being a bully and a right nasty piece of work

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here's an interview with Lauren; choose Wed, July 25, 2012 and jump to about the 20 minutes in. She said she had fun on the show, it won't be a stepping stone for a career, that she's going back to her studies to finish her degree. And that in the photoshoot, she kept everything 'kosher for Jersey'; I guess that means everything in, glad to know that. Really sweet interview, it's great to see she still has her head on her shoulders.

channelonline.tv/channelonline_channelreports

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Stormie. Lauren is such a sweetie. There she is with two years of university, and has acquitted herself very well, and there's Caroline...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm beginning to think there's something actually a bit wrong with Caroline, rather than her just being a mean person. She just cannot listen to anything that makes her uncomfortable, either she laughs over it or talks over it, even when she must realise (surely?) that doing so makes her look so bad. Even for spoilt boarding school kids, how could she not learn to interact with others in a meaningful way?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On yesterday's show or BOTS they showed a clip of Caroline saying she was going to ruin the shopping list, like Harry did last year. She might have actually done it, as here's a tweet from today:

Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

1.40pm: Caroline has told Becky she has only ordered chocolate, sweets and biscuits for this week's shopping. #bbuklive

They won the full luxury budget so that is an awful lot of waste...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
What was your first clue about Caroline, Kitt?

Anyone who thinks their hair looks good like she ummm...'styles?' it just can't be all there. She is so immature and should have gone already.

Kellee stated:
I looked it up on Wikipedia Cruz took $750 which seems insane but if you were going stir crazy. Harrison and Demi voted off Kara and then the housemates voted in Demi. She only lasted two weeks. Their white room was done after they had 6 wild cards two who got voted in by the public and then the 4 that went into the room.

Oh that's right...such a small amount and now these HG's can get some real cash, lol. Demi was not how I thought she'd be in the house. She was a pretty strong character.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And what do you know, confirmation:

Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

6.34pm: Caroline's ordered chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. And nothing else. We have a 500 banana moment here. #bbuklive

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Fallout:

6.35pm: Luke A and Adam look at the food delivery and try some breathing exercises. Caroline's snorting at the hilarity. Awkward.

6.37pm: 'It's not funny because it's been done before' says Luke A. Caroline eats chocolate in response

6.39pm: Adam's furious but holding it in. Luke A's resigned to it all. Luke S and Conor don't know whether to laugh or cry.

6.43pm: Adam's rooting through the piles of chocolate to see if there's any tobacco in there. There isn't.

6.44pm: 'Caroline, this just isn't amusing' says Scott. 'Have some chocolate' she replies

I forgot about the tobacco issue, I was thinking protein and the guys would be the issue.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The behind the scenes guy on BOTS said tomorrow is NOT a double eviction (didn't say there wasn't a triple ;)). He said "do the maths" on whether there will be one before the end, which made it sound like there would be... just not this week.

The White Room... starts on Tuesday, literally will shake the house up 100%, housemates have got "everything to play for."

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
looking it up

On Day 27, Harry continued with the shopping task pranking by ordering 500 bananas, 1000 bottles of food colouring, 50 large chocolate bars, 50 litres of milk, 20 bottles of ketchup, 100 boxes of cereal and no alcohol

I know I know it is all about the bananas but he did also order milk and cereal at least got something to eat lol

The whole just ordering chocolate makes me wonder why BB let her do it. There has to be a limit right? Are they going to provide the staples?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The stomach staples!? Stupid thing is she bought 50 jars of nutella (or how ever many it was) and nothing to spread it on. Maybe she eats it with a spoon!

BB have already provided some tobacco, I think they will have to do those "ration" packed lunch thingies, it's not reasonable to expect people to have just sugar all day for a week.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
lol...I meant like the chickpea and rice stuff protein and such. though staples for other things might not be a bad idea..

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
oh I see, sorry!! They do need something like that, but I think BB's standard when they don't have any normal food is to provide those lunchboxes (which I think the housemates have said are actually pretty good).

Scott (shown on BOTS) was pretty accurate when he said Caroline would never have done it if she thought she was staying. It was spiteful but typical of her. And annoying that Conor and co. acted like they didn't really care, when you know what it would have been like if Luke A had done it.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Didn't the "boys" get all upset when they didn't get their protein powder? The only reason they haven't pitched a fit is that it is Caroline. Why do they all seem to like her? Or is it that they just don't want to be on the wrong end of her whining.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
it is either that or they are playing the strategy someone suggested on Bots that Connor is aligning himself with people he thinks he could win against. They all know her moaning is truly making her dislikable and not a shot in hell of winning.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I wondered if Carolyn bought only chocolate as a last ditch effort to get votes. She had nothing to lose, she already heard her name shouted, so maybe she thought it would be really hilarious to the public and she'd gain votes. And I thought Conor and Ashleigh (not sure who else) thought it was funny bc the public might think it's funny, not necessarily that they did; like said above, Conor and Luke S did complain about the protein powder, so maybe they didn't want to rock the boat so close to the eviction, and make chocolate waves. It was kind of funny, though, but it would have been moreso had she put in some real food too, but maybe her point was to be more over-the-top than last season and all the bananas. But with Carolyn, I'm not sure if she would have put a lot of thought behind it, maybe it was just funny to her, and like Deana said, something she'd remember doing in BB.

I think something like that about Conor, that he is staying around people he thinks the public won't vote to win in the end, but also manipulating them to vote off those that he thinks the public will vote to win. It seems to me that tactic worked a couple of times, particularly with Lauren being evicted.

I initially thought maybe Sara would go, but after she stood up for herself to Carolyn, I thought she may have gotten more votes. So now I am thinking it might be Ashleigh, maybe even Luke S. It will be an interesting eviction, though.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
how very very sad. It seems fans of the show have limited memories.

caroline has said in convo a Number of times that she would buy all chocolate OR all jars of nutella. This was weeks ago. Its such common knowledge that the insiders werent surprised. my issue is WHY or HOW caroline ended up the one to do the list when she's basically on everyone's hate list/ suspicious list.

it reeks of BB diary room manipulation....like when dumb conor did his task and won the Control of Shopping, then they carefully coddled him in DR, helping him and giving tons of Extra bonus goods.

i just dont see the house saying YEA, lets let caroline do it, we trust her.

So, basically i thought it was funny PLUS it helped show what a butt kisser Luke A is, and how Adam is NOT nice, he's trying to play a part.

Deana on the other hand is a brilliant mix. Deana for the win.

Weds?? white room??? bet the evicted HMs will be put in the room for a chance to come back. just my guess

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
50 jars of nutella (or how ever many it was) and nothing to spread it on. Maybe she eats it with a spoon!

ON bread?? i thought it was supposed to be eaten iwth a spoon or put on a cake as filling OR on ice cream