TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through July 20, 2012 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Liam McGough is supposed to be on BOTS tonight.

I read that Becky told others something Lauren had said to her in private, don't know if they are okay. And that Lauren is not going to walk. Also, something is up with Adam--I can imagine there would be with two of his friends up--I read he and Deana had a falling out, then Sara was going to speak to him about his behavior. I bet Shievonne is happy he's gone, she must be having a great time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa some blunt reasons for nominating, considering they were face to face.

How on Earth does Conor think they failed the task because Lauren told about them breaking rules?!?!?! If they hadn't broken the rules she'd have had nothing to tell about. (Not to mention BB hears all anyway!)

Funny how Caroline makes it all about her hurt feelings when in the DR it's all about how horrible the other person is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bit of an overreaction by Adam I thought, I see what he means, that Deana put the thought in other people's heads (if it wasn't already there), but really he's being a bit over the top. I guess that's the thing that went on through to this morning.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
It looks like Carolyn broke the rules during the noms, but it was overlooked by BB. I don't know if it actually happened, but this article has a photo that looks like it did.

bbspy.co.uk/bb13/news/0718/big-brother-under-fire-over-potential-nominations-rule-break

Lauren had also confronted Becky about telling everyone she told on them--Seriously, BB didn't see or hear Conor plotting to nom D & B?--but Becky seemed to spin things to make it look like she just said it, when it looked to me like she went over to Conor and told him flat out.

Carolyn seems to be going around apologizing, then went to BB and apologized for her behavior, I don't know anyone who buys it, though.

I was glad to see Lauren take the higher road and not lash out over being nommed, it showed she grew from the worrying about what everyone was saying about her, bc she heard it for herself and was right all along. And she was there for Luke A, I thought that was really sweet of her.

In a task today, Sarah had to speed date all the men in the house and pressed a buzzer when she wanted them to leave, but the twist--which Adam read out when Sarah was in the DR--was the winner would be whoever was buzzed to leave in the shortest amount of time. They couldn't lash out or swear or anything, though.

I guess they were all relatively nice to one another today, but I think it's expected with noms behind them.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Seriously, BB didn't see or hear Conor plotting to nom D & B?
i think production is turning a blind eye to most convos. thats why the HMs are laughing it off when there are socalled penalties. they are like "whoops, they caught that one!"

Indeed Conor may be correct, if lauren didnt go make a fuss, his convo might have been missed by the listeners in production

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And if Conor hadn't talked about nominations in the first place, quite clearly and openly, not just a whisper in one person's ear, then Lauren would have nothing to talk to BB about! He just wants to blame anyone but himself.

I'm not sure how to take Caroline's apologies today. On one hand I think she's more afraid of the consequences of how's she's acted than feeling bad about what's she done, but I might give her the benefit of the doubt for a while, because I don't like seeing people crying ;). It sounds a lot like she's been given lectures on her behaviour before (most likely at school) and she's regurgitating the things she knows are the right answers.

Also don't know what to say about her showing Conor who she was going to vote for, if that's what she was doing. I wish BB had seen at the time, and at least negated her vote, even if they didn't put her up as a penalty. Kind of too late to do anything now though. Oh Emma's just said they are "looking into it" so maybe it isn't too late!

I'm going to be so sad if Luke A goes. I think the thing with Luke S is Luke A thinking that Luke S personifies (physically) the type of man he wants to be, and feeling weird about it. I don't know how much comes from Luke S.

Good for Sara for standing up for Deana. I think Sara's very impressionable, often to bad influences, but she doesn't like seeing unfair things happen and I like the fact that she will say what she thinks. Despite her recent move (back) to the dark side I still like her a lot.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I haven't caught up yet, but I think Carolyn started apologizing after Luke A spoke to her about her treatment of him. So I am not sure if it's genuine or not, but it seems more to me she is trying to make it appear that she is upset at her behavior, rather than actually being upset. Everyone cries, I don't think it's something I can base what she's doing on. It may be sincere, but I don't see it that way right now, only a huge change will show that it is.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She got called into the diary room, Stormie, and they read out something about types of behaviour that could be deemed bullying. Didn't seem like a formal warning but could have been.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Carolyn was called to the DR before about what she said about Adam, but she didn't change. She seems to gossip, then apologize, then say negative things about herself, then start gossiping again all the time. Only time will tell, though, but I don't think she's sincere, I think she's trying to take the focus away from what she has been doing, and put it on how bad she feels. But, maybe she does feel bad and can't help herself, maybe her coping mechanism is gossip and moaning.

I read at DS, that someone thinks Conor's uncle works for BB, and that a cell was smuggled to him, bc last season three phones were supposedly smuggled in to someone. I don't know if it's true, it doesn't seem like it would be, plus there is no proof that I know of, but stranger things have happened. From what I see, mind you I'm not caught up, he is trying to be nicer, but I think it's just him playing the game.

As a side thought, I wonder if Conor, as a tactic, is surrounding himself with, and manipulating, people he thinks the public will not vote to win, and trying to get those he thinks the public will vote to win evicted. I don't know if he's that clever, but he wants to win so bad, I wonder if he may have worked it out before going in. But I don't think he realized that what he said about Deana derailed whatever tactic he had planned, if any at all, making himself look bad to many people, not all I imagine.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The audience (and I) really cracked up when Caroline's friend, Celia, was on the phone. What a pair of mean-spirited airheads they are.

You could be right about Conor, Stormie.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Is Caroline posh?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes Sandra, Caroline is indeed posh! Not all posh people are like Caroline, but she is a stereotypical posh boarding school mean girl, she's almost like a character from an Enid Blyton book. I'm not surprised BB chose her!

Celia was funny. Particularly the giggle at the end. They're good at excuses.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Kitt thanks for the info. She is a mean girl!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Angry Deana in the bad costume, growling, that was so hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. Then Deana as the Ring and Lauren running away from her, cracked me up even more. I didn't think there was any laughter this week until I saw those scenes. Deana was really funny and I don't think she meant to be. It would be nice to see more fun and laughter.

It was sad to see Sara go along with the fabrications, I thought she'd speak to someone first, before making a conclusion, not jumping to conclusions based on gossip. But I guess she has to survive in there too, oh well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Lauren might have gained a few eviction votes (or lost a few "save" votes) today. I know she's young, but she has to know she can't be that flirty with most guys without messing with their feelings. It's not like it's all new and she just misjudged how Adam would react, and thought his mind was somewhere else, he's been quite clear for a few weeks that his feelings have changed, I don't see how she can act so surprised now. I'm not saying she's purposely being spiteful or wanting to hurt him, but she is purposely being tantalising and she should have realised the ramifications of that. I feel sorry for him, and think he's handling it very well.

And Luke A was lovely again today. I really hope he stays.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh and about time Ashleigh got the bulling mini-warning. I thought Scott's official warning was a bit harsh, "stereotyping" can be an issue but something that warrants a warning about rejection? Seems a bit extreme when the thing he was stereotyping (Asians eating with their hands) isn't a bad thing in any way.

Emma on BOTS... just saying about Caroline influencing Conor's nominations by showing him her boards during nominations, BB said they found "no proof of this" (the influencing part) because they don't know what she showed him.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
To me it seemed as if Scott was trying to explain to Ashleigh that it wasn't a bad thing that Deana eats with her hands because it is part of her culture. If they had a Chinese person on and she made fun of them eating with chopsticks and he explained that it was just cultural, would BB have given him a warning? The most bothersome part for me is that Scott got a warning and a threat of eviction for wording something innocuous in an insensitive way while Conor said something quite threatening and was just told he was a bad boy.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Exactly how it sounded to me too. BB are so scared of complaints (and the gbp are so complaint-happy these days) that they forget to use common sense.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think BB sensitivity to that goes back to Danielle Lloyd and the Celeb BB scandal

Danielle Lloyd's comments about Shilpa Shetty include:"They eat with their hands in India, don't they - or is that China? You don't know where her hands have been."

So they are being very cautious

Is it bad that I am not even watching this week cause i have no desire to watch a week of a very smug insiders and BB explain away the block voting and bullying.

Although I will be voting for the one I want to stay, which is hard but I do favour one over the other.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree about Conor. And I think in the chopstick scenario, Scott would have gotten a warning. I think BB meant that stereotyping someone can also be considered bullying. Just bc some people ate with their hands at Scott's dad's place, doesn't mean all Indian people do that, nor would that say why Deana did, only she can say why, not Scott nor Ashleigh. Scott did not perceive Deana's action based on his vast knowledge of the Indian culture, he did it based on a stereotype, which it is. I think Ashley, once again, was using anything Deana did to make Deana look bad. And the fact that they were laughing, just made the two of them look worse. I am glad BB said something.

I don't think Lauren did anything wrong. I think she has been genuine with Adam. And he already knew she thinks of him only as a friend. When Adam touched on his liking her before, she basically said the same thing. I think Adam and Lauren will be friends on the outside, if there is anything further, then that's when they'll find out, but there's been no indication from either that something would happen in the house, certainly not from Lauren. I think she did the exact right thing in being direct with Adam, yet holding onto their friendship. I think Adam understands completely, but he being paranoid is also understandable in that place; it doesn't look like Lauren is playing him at all, stranger things have happened, though, but she looks sincere right now. I really think that Luke A should not have said anything to either of them, it made me wonder if he weren't trying to make Lauren look bad, I hope not.

I was surprised BB didn't show Deana's antics on today's show, although, it was last night so maybe it will be tomorrow. I don't know, but if you want to see the ones I mentioned, try here.

ETA: You could be right about the cautiousness bc of what happened to Shilpa. And I think lots are staying away for those same reasons, it's understandable. I have no clue who is going, either will be sad.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's schedule has changed from the previously published one to the standard one:

1-2pm BB
2-2.30pm BB Live
3-3.30pm BB Eviction Interview
3.30-4.15pm BOTS

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
This is going to be the first eviction I will be disappointed with.
I guess I would have to say I want Lauren to go because I like Luke A more.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Eviction show has started. First time through Lauren gets loud cheers and some boos, Luke A gets about the same! Would be wonderful if they didn't have to come out to boos.

I'll be spoiling who goes, so as usual run away now if you don't want to know.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too Amy, I like them both but would rather Lauren goes and I think she'll be happier out of the house. I really have no idea what will happen.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some of the audience are chanting "Get Caroline Out!"