TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through June 25, 2012 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well it is true they would tend to be boring after an eviction but that doesnt mean they wouldnt do well at other times.

I dont know why they dont just do a web feed, even a paid one.

I guess theyre too cheap to pay somebody to do the live curse bleeping and feed editing.

I hope Australia has some kind of live feed.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Who nominated whom, from today's show:

Arron: Deana (depressing, bring), Lydia (false, b___chy, two-faced)

Caroline: Benedict (confrontational, patronising over yesterday's thing), Lauren (given her so many chances but ungrateful over food)

Scott: Benedict (too opinionated), Lauren (negative, no rapport)

Deana: Arron (immature, lies), Lauren (doubts her)

Lauren: Sara (doesn't get her, tried hard with her), Caroline (immature, can't have frank conversation)

Ashliegh: Benedict (rude, talks so much she zones out), Lauren (doesn't click with her, tries too hard)

Becky: Benedict (said only on show to masturbate on tv), Lauren (immature, complains about food)

Luke A: Luke S (don't gel, don't like him taking man of house role, vain), Caroline (noticed nasty side to her sense of humour)

Luke S: Luke A (quiet, sleeps, wouldn't notice him gone), Deana (have to draw stuff out of her)

Shievonne: Benedict (offended a few people, middleman to Lauren), Luke A (made mistake on bread order)

Conor: Deana (either boring or on for the camera, fake), Lydia (sneaky, not nice atmosphere)

Sara: Lauren (one minute nice, next changes), Benedict (inappropriate, makes things awkward)

Lydia: Arron (troublemaker), Deana (negative, clouding her experience)

Adam: Becky (fake and controlling in kitchen), Ashliegh (doesn't do anything for house)

Benedict: can't nominate

Benedict, Lauren 6 noms
Deana 4
Arron, Caroline, Luke A, Lydia 2
Ashliegh, Becky, Luke S, Sara 1
Adam, Conor, Scott, Shievonne 0

Caroline, Scott, Ashliegh, Becky and Sara all nominated both Benedict and Lauren.

Adam, Conor and Shievonne have still received zero votes (and probably not coincidentally, when they came on the screen to nominate I went "oo, forgot they were in the house").

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So it only took until the second nominations for them to start ganging up successfully.

I hope the public takes note of it. Did they show any of them strategizing and ganging up on the show today?

I think I saw something in the daily videos with Becky and Scott discussing how they needed 4 votes to ensure somebody went up. They made sure with 5.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Live feed is back!
53 mins ago

Pens at the ready Big Brother fans, for we have a very exciting date to put in your diaries.

On Friday 6 July, we will be bringing you a post eviction live feed directly from the House. Join us straight after the main show on 5*, where you will be able to watch the housemates react to the night's events, as it happens.

So make sure you set those reminders and don't forget to tune in at 10pm to catch all the action.

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/

So one hour a week for the last four(?) weeks! How generous!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
From that quote it may only be the one time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's true, it doesn't say it starts then, it says it's just on then! I wonder what they meant... if it is just that one day I wonder what they're doing that day that's so special it warrants a live feed.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did they listen to viewers or did they plan this all along...

Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

8.14pm: BREAKING NEWS: Big Brother has gathered the HMs to tell them that they can no longer discuss nominations. #bbuklive #bbnoms

(from twitter)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They probably saw how organized everyone was getting and that one group completely determinied this week's nominations. Seems like it was spearheaded by Luke A from what I have seen on the show and videos.

If it kept up the most boring people would never go up, like Luke A.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the nom news Kitt. I just started watching this season and was surprised they were allowed to speak about noms, I'm glad it's been changed down the road. Pretty good season so far, I hope to catch up soon to see what's happening now.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
On today's show they finally showed one of the reasons Lauren went up and is disliked so much. She does seem to complain incessantly about the food.

With no feeds and the editing of the highlights show, there was really no evidence of this prior to the latest nominations.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, there are a lot of holes in what we see, it feels like more than usual but I guess we are still only two weeks in. I couldn't work out why Lydia was so liked in the house the first week, but since then we've seen her going round and quietly being everyone's special friend. And Luke S trying to be the leader is only just coming out too.

They've already been punished for talking about noms - Caroline and Conor were caught and now there's no hot water.

I'm away for a few days... will miss the eviction. I guess I want Benedict to go, even though in many ways I find him interesting and he is a good sounding board for Luke A, who I also like. I'd like the main group to see Lauren stay and wonder what it means for them. Have fun!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It just makes me wonder if we would have ever seen any of it at all if they hadnt used her food whining as a reason for nomination.

What else are they completely avoiding showing in order to provide the specific edits they want for each "character" on the show?

At least in the past when there were feeds, hms could not really complain much about "editing" as we pretty much saw everything. But since last season its nothing but editing that we see.

Perhaps Aaron from last season has some valid complaints.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Lauren made a big mistake on Day 1 by announcing that girls never liked her. First, that makes her a self-declared victim, and second it makes people uncomfortable. After all, what can you say?

Then all the tears. To be fair, though, the "mean girls" just keep making up more reasons to evict her as they go along.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Benedict was evicted. Interviews just more of the same old Benedict topics.

Though from the highlights he was starting to get a bit more interesting in the last couple days.

Loud crowd chants of "Get Lydia out" which everyone definitely heard.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree Benedict was much more interesting the last few days -but I'm ok with him leaving.
Wanted to ask... Lydia and Deana heard both their names called to get out. I never heard Deana. Did anyone else?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Ashleigh reminds me of Katelynn from the Real World's Brooklyn season.

http://www.mtv.com/photos/the-real-world-brooklyn-cast/1600842/3458853/photo.jhtml

I'm betting Arron has had a Michael Jackson type nose job - I've never seen a man (& few women) with such a delicately chiseled nose.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I didnt hear Deena chanted but when they were chanting Lydia it could have been mistaken for Deena. Or maybe BB edited it out.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm still thoroughly enjoying the show. I even get a kick out of the crazy BOTS shows. The challenges are hilarious--I particularly laughed at the hypnosis bit.

Oh, my, Benedict. He starts off acting so erudite and learned and then comes out in those well-stuffed shorts to dance. ROFL

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think they sometimes hear what they want to hear or will plant the seed in someones head that they did hear something. Part of me liked the year where they did the communication with the house from inside so they would have no idea how the public felt.

i would have prefered Benedict stayed but not enough to vote...lol..

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Really starting to get tired of the jerk moderators on the dcb stream chat. I think Ill just stick to usenet for a while.

The quality there has really gone downhill this season. Nothing but plugs and shilling merchandise and twitter/facebook likes while the feed is sub-par quality most of the time.

I do find it a bit funny that the "owner" thinks he can sell the site. Yea that would be really legal, sell an amateur fan site dedicated to copyright infringement.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to seeing the fallout from them hearing Lydia's name!

Just now watching Thursday's episode with the fake shock treatment, but scary how far the "scientists" went. And I really, really don't like Caroline now, she is so selfish and such a liar. I thought she was funny that first week, but she's really shown a bad side of herself lately.

You can watch through dcb by going directly to the host site (usually justin.tv) by double clicking on the picture. Then you don't get distracted by the chat. I've yet to find anywhere (other than here) that successfully filters out the trolls.

They have been nominating today, after supposedly not talking noms since Wednesday. I guess we will know soon.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nominations are in...

Deanna vs Lydia!!

I wonder if it was because of the names heard on Friday!

I don't like either of them, but Lydia makes some entertaining tv some times.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Id prefer Lydia stayed but unfortunately she will probably get voted out. She is too hated.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
What is dcb?

I would have thought that Caroline would be much harder to live with than Deana, but of course I'm not stuck with living with them.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I guess it doesn't matter if Deana's name was being called out by the crowd, they were definitely going to nominate her!

Would have loved a little live feeds this week just to see if Deana is being edited better than she really is in the house. Their dislike of her is intense but I think she's been pretty mild in her reactions. I don't know how much I could take of Arron and Connor!