TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through June 16, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And Arron vs Chris will be an interesting one. With two up, Vote to Save vs Vote to Evict doesn't matter, and it's truly just between the two of them.

I've noticed few redeeming qualities in Arron (particularly today's show - wow!) other than the fact he's gorgeous. And Chris has made a bit of a fool of himself, particularly with his hurt feelings over Becky, but I somehow feel he's a nicer person overall. But he's unlikely to get many votes based on appearance, plus he seems a bit gross at times so that won't help. I've no idea who'll go.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
When did they change it to being able to discuss nominations?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they allowed it here and there last season, and in this season the hms noticed the rulebook didn't mention not talking about nominations, asked BB, and BB confirmed they could talk about nominations at any time.

Scott has had to leave the house following a death of someone close to him. He is now back in the house, at least for the moment. I can't read the official announcement as it's on facebook, but someone on DS has said it was to attend a funeral and he was accompanied by production, and someone said he left just to talk to a family member directly after the death. Don't know. The true story is on facebook if anyone can read it.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
From the large spread of nominations they obviously havent really started strategizing and teaming up for noms yet.

The nominations talk being allowed is so new and strange to all of them that I think it will take a while for them to really take advantage of it. Which is good because I would rather it not turn into BBUS where -all- they talk about is noms, eviction votes and alliances.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
What exactly is the big issue with posting pics?

If its a bandwidth issue then someone needs to get into the 21st century.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think Caroline and Trump's hairdressers went to the same school.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
LOL Puzzled! Caroline sure did have an extra puffy headed look tonight... Does she tease it out like that?

This no laughing task must be terrible for them. How could they not have laughed at that bobbing emu head as it popped by?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I don't know what she does, Sarasmile, but it sure is one big mess.

Arron in those shiny red pants cracked me up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Luke S was so funny having to do exercises to stop laughing! And making faces!

Chris is talking his way out of the house. And Arron (so far, only half way through the show) is being a lot more likeable, if a bit obvious that he's going for votes.

OK as I type Arron starts onto Deana... maybe there's some hope for Chris yet!

Awww there's no way I couldn't smile at Orville!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They've always talked about noms or done it legally with their alliance - "I just don't like so-n-so"

Everybody knows the code already.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Thats still completely different from being able to openly discuss it.

Just look at past seasons and how often people were punished for slipping up, or the public attitude towards those who were openly strategizing.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
This is the first year I've watched the U.K. show. It is soooo much better than the U.S. show. I especially dislike the constant challenges which are interrupted by DRs telling you what you've just seen, and everyone saying they want to win--DUH!

Don't miss HOH, either.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Before I think it would have been easy to target (with nominations) the enemy, if there was some kind of divide in the house, but if it was more subtle than that, or the enemy consists of a group, being able to discuss nominations really changes things. I'm worried it will get to be such a big topic of conversation as fewer people stay in the house that we'll see little else.

And next season, if they do it again, will people come in prepared for strategic noms? That would be worse than this time, at least at the moment they're having to adjust.

Puzzled, it used to be a lot more different to BBUS than it is now! In previous years they have been punished for talking about nominations in any way. They've had an HoH a few times on a couple of seasons but hopefully they won't this year. Glad you like it, welcome to the dark side!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the BOTS, too.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
rotlfmao,

posting a banner for the thread is what most areas do. Like survivor or amazing race or USA BB.

that was my suggestion

not reaming anyone out for posting pics just that its immediately lost in the archives.

Back to watching....

talking about noms has ruined the fun this season. Its gone straight to barracuda mode

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I think its just barely started. Its going to get much worse as the numbers get smaller and people realize how much power they can wield if they group up and strategize more. Some of the guys tried to do it but from the nominations numbers we can see that it didnt pan out for them.

The numbers were still way too spread out for any real strategizing to have been done yet.
When we start seeing 2 distinct pairs being voted for by everyone then the game-playing will have seriously started.

But then with the public vote that might not happen. They are all well aware of who has the final vote and the UK has always had a strange bias against those perceived as "playing the game", so it probably won't ever get as severe as the US version.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I have always wanted to see a BB season where they talk about noms but the public is the final vote. By next year they will go in with everything thought out but this year should be fun.

I think Chris may go tonight but I wish he would stay in to argue with Becky more.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think if they can, the public will save anyone they feel is being picked on through strategy, but if one side manages to kind of Pagong another side, so the veiwers have no one to choose between but "good guys" then one of the good guys will have to go regardless. Every now and again though BB messes with things, so they might have an immunity or an "everyone up" thing coming that will make sure things don't get too predictable.

Not that it matters tonight, with only two up, but I think vote to evict works better than vote to save. I'd really like it if they did two vote to evicts then an everyone up with a vote to save and repeat in a pattern a bit like that. That way we'd get rid of the annoying people and the boring people.

Chris vs. Arron is a very tight race according to the bookies, seems like it will probably depend on what happens in tonight's show. Not sure who I want to go, I'd be happy with either going.

I'm out this afternoon, so if anyone is able to spoil the eviction I'd be grateful...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Since nobody has mentioned it, Chris was evicted. He thought it was because he was a bailiff. Brian showed him all of his fights in the house and he laughed throughout and said he had no regrets.

He thinks Rebecca will be up next week because she is so awful to live with, but thinks the public will save her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He seems to blame a lot on being a bailiff! And he can't seem to forgive Rebecca for calling him a binman. Thanks for posting :-).

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info re discussing noms, Kitt. I'm very surprised. I'm trying to remember if they discussed them in the Celeb versions of the show.

Puzzled, if you like the UK version, be sure to watch the AU version after the Olympics. They have Friday Night Games, which are just so funny!

I have been sooo busy, haven't even had time to watch the UK shows. I need to catch up and then will come back to discuss.

Sunshyne, I'm with you re them being able to discuss noms. I don't want to see the UK going toward leniency in any way, thus heading toward the lameness of the U.S. version.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they might have let them discuss them once or twice on Celeb BB, but not as a rule. I can't remember back that far and it was only January!

Chris seemed to do well in his interview, although I got the impression he was fuming inside. He also seemed to have trouble hiding his disdain for Victoria.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Thanks again Kitt and everyone for your updates.

The archives let me keep updated, I love the pics! Wish you would do more :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Scuba. The live feed twitter has had a few pictures that are viewable (unlike the facebook ones, grr). Try these: https://twitter.com/BBUK and https://twitter.com/BBUKLive There weren't many today but sometimes they do a whole string of them.

Tonight's show... in case anyone has any doubts, Caroline is indeed posh. No idea why she insists she isn't, if it was sarcasm then it's the most deadpan sarcasm I've seen in a long while!

Interesting that Arron thinks he stayed because the public think he's a p***k. I don't think that's why he stayed, but I think if he acknowledges it, and plays with being that character, that might be why the viewers keep him next time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In case non-BOTS watchers are interested, they revealed Chris received 38% of the vote to save, Arron received 62%. Not that close at all in the end.