TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: Big Brother UK (Summer): Archive through June 04, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_v-lFSypek

The first promo! No start date yet but it must be soon!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sad news that Sophia from BB10 had died, aged 30. Reason is unknown (or not released).

Sophia

On this season, still no word on a start date, but it must come very soon (if it's a June start), as tv schedules for the rest of the month will be out any day now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ignore my last thing on the June start must be releasing soon - we're still in May, and it's the end of May tv schedule they'll fill tomorrow. Getting ahead of myself.

My bet is it will be June 21st/22nd, because I'm away then and will have to miss it :-(.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
since she was so tiny and suffered from Lupus, its probably likely she ended up with organ failure of some kind.

Its a terrible disease and Hopefully, IF this is her cause of death, the family will pull themselves together to make a statement.

this would be a GOOD time to up awareness and suggest donations to Lupus charities in Sophia's name.

My worry is that Sophia's exciteable personality may have caused her emotional problems and Hopefully, this wasnt a death from questionable causes.

so sad, so young

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
You'll be able to see it Kitt- it starts Tuesday June 5th.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yey!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reading at Digital Spy and other places:

First eviction is Friday June 8th.

There will be an hour of live feed (on tv) after each eviction.

June 5th is the day of the Diamond Jubilee... that's a little of a strange day to start!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Kitt- it looks like most of the Diamond Jubilee events that day happen in the morning/early afternoon..so it shouldn't be a problem.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I suppose Queenie is in bed well before 9pm ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
House pictures are here:

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/pictures/0524/big-brother-2012-house-pictures-revealed

and at other places!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Cool. It looks pretty nice!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I keep seeing (unsubstantiated) rumors of a June 6th start date - It does seem awful strange to not be promoting the launch date *if* it's only a couple of weeks away ... but my gut says it's probably correct.

HG going in BB house -

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/2012/05/bbuk-first-glimpse-of-big-brother.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
typo typo

should be June *7*th (unsubstantiated) rumors of a start date

edit again ...

guess I'm hearing June 6th also - I can't imagine locking up HG in the house for MORE than 2 weeks - so either date is close & may be accurate.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Tuesday June 5th date is confirmed, it's on the tv schedule and everything.

8-9pm BB Auditions Ahead of tonight's new series, Jamie East travels round the country to the Big Brother auditions to meet the best and worst of the applicants hoping to win a place on the show.

9-10.45pm BB Launch Brian Dowling kicks off the 13th series of the fly-on-the-wall reality show. Over the next couple of hours he introduces a diverse group of fame-seeking individuals who have been chosen to spend their summer invading the nation's living rooms. But with an eviction already looming on Friday, it seems one of them will not be staying long.

10.45-11.45pm Bit On The Side As Big Brother fans settle down to spend the next two-and-a-half months stuck in front of the telly, Emma Willis and guests present their thoughts on the new batch of housemates.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Any news on Australia? Last I heard they were waiting til August, after the Olympics maybe?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, their official page, http://www.bigbrotheraustralia.com.au/ says they auditioned in April, so I would think it would be no earlier than August. It does make sense to wait until after the Olympics too.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The network bringing back BB in Australia is airing the Olympics too, so it'll be promoted a ton during it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been browsing the DS forums... found a few things:

There is a wildcard housemate that the viewers will choose out of three possibles, with voting during the live launch show.

The Sunday BOTS show that used to have the quiz is being replaced by a show about housemate psychology (could be really good or could be silly (e.g. that little squeaky girl ex-hm on there)), not sure.

Aaron and Faye (from last year) are still together and opening a bar together. Jay and Lou are getting married next week.

Here's the official webpage: http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother
It seems most (probably all) videos are blocked outside the UK.

I'm excited by the idea of the show starting, but depressed by how difficult it's going to be to see the show if you can't stream it live. Last year was a real pain. I don't know why they don't welcome viewers from overseas, Ch5 is paid for by adverts, not British taxes, and several of the other UK reality shows now have their own youtube pages, with international versions for us to see.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
TV schedule for the first week or so, times are PT (board time):

Tue Jun5 12noon-1pm BB: The Auditions
Tue Jun5 1-2.45pm BB Live Launch
Tue Jun5 2.45-3.45pm BOTS

Wed Jun6 2-3pm BB
Wed Jun6 3-4pm BOTS

Thu Jun7 2-3pm BB
Thu Jun7 3-4pm BOTS

Fri Jun8 2-3pm BB: Eviction
Fri Jun8 3-4pm BOTS
(note no separate evictee interview and no live feeds afterwards, also 10pm (their time) is very late to start a live eviction show)

Sat Jun9 2-3pm BB
Sat Jun9 3-4pm BOTS

Sun Jun10 1-2pm BB
Sun Jun10 2-3pm BOTS

Mon Jun11 1-2pm BB
one hour wait then...
Mon Jun11 3-4pm BOTS

Tue Jun12 2-3pm BB
Tue Jun12 3-4pm BOTS

Wed Jun13 2-3pm BB
Wed Jun13 3-4pm BOTS

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It is strange that they won't let us watch here in the US. They make us go to great lengths to find the show on you tube then they shut it down. The live shows are even harder to find and get shut down without notice. Even though they might not have great numbers watching in the US, I've gone searching for some of the products I've seen advertised so they do have a market here for their advertisers.

BTW, those Magnum bars are to die for.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Haven't had one for years, but they certainly were good!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Watching it should be fairly easy, as usual. Either use the same live streamed source that has been around for years but I will not post here, or download via usenet or torrents.

That live stream source also has the shows on playback a few hours after they are shown.

Youtube isnt worth the trouble if they keep shutting them down.

Its harder to watch the US feeds for free than it is to catch all the uk shows and the 1 hour per week of live feed.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow! Tuesday already? Yikes!

As usual, thanks so much for the schedule, Kitt. Much appreciated.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I found it tricky last year, the live feeds were shut off sometimes while you're watching them, and I don't use usenet or torrents, so they're no good to me. It's just a drag. Good job the show is usually worth it!

You're welcome, Cricket :-).