TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Here ya go!!! Apparently we are in w...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2002: Here ya go!!! Apparently we are in week 3 of BB UK users admin

Ryn

Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
Someone shoulda asked sooner!! ;)

Theowl

Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Theowl a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Ryn!! Hey, BritChick!! Come back!!

Britchick

Friday, June 14, 2002 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Hurray! The little hint hint worked, and mighty quick too!
I'm just watching UK BB now - there was just the eviction and I'm very happy with the result. I don't know how interested other people are though - is anyone watching it?

Kitt

Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yey! I wondered if this would appear :-) :-). Thanks.

I was back in the UK for a few weeks and I caught the first couple of weeks, but left just before Alison's eviction. Now I have to rely on the website :(.

Sandy's flee over the rooftops must have been good!

Yes, I'm glad Lee is out (I guess we can say who it was as it's on the website??). It was bad enough that he got so obsessed with Adele so quickly, seeing as he had a girlfriend outside the house, but then to switch his mind to Sophie.... I bet he'll have some explaining to do tonight.

I want Spencer to win. Alex should stay there a while too, he's so entertaining.

Ryn

Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
All ya have to do is ask ;)

Are there no live feeds this year?

I watched a bit last year on the net.

Keepitreal

Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keepitreal a private message Print Post    
I just checked out the UK site and there are live feeds. There is a 14 day free trial but you are required to pay after that time. It says you need RealOne Player and Big Brother Live Pass. It's $9.99 (UK $) a month, we probably will have the same here. Here is the link:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/live/live.html

Kitt

Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The video clips on the "Latest News" articles are quite good to watch, and free, but don't always load, at least not for me. I'd like to see a bit more of the new boy, it's hard to tell what they're really like until you here them. I'm too miserly to pay ten quid a month for the privilege though!

Britchick

Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kitt, I am also too cheap to pay for live feeds but then I am watching every night so I don't need to (but I could have paid for US live feeds - on the other hand, one BB and the World Cup (soccer) is more than enough at the moment!). I'm sooooooo shocked - Alex and Spencer are up for eviction this week! I kind of saw it coming with Spencer but I love him and don't want him to go. In fact, I don't want either of them to leave - I was praying that it would finally be PJ's turn... He is horrible and has to go. However, I think that the show will lose out when either Alex (more likely) or Spencer leaves on Friday.

Kitt

Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I agree :(. Spencer and Alex are my two favourites at the moment. Spencer has gone down in my estimation the last few days and Alex has gone up now he's mellowed a bit. They're both just very interesting personalities, shame one is going to go. I could really do with getting rid of PJ or Jade, PJ doesn't seem to have any redeeming features (in fact I wonder why they chose him?) and Jade is just irritating.

Britchick, are you in the UK at the moment (you mention "watching every night")? I always assumed you were over here in the US?

Grooch

Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
From the Guardian:

'Nookiegate' affair rocks Big Brother

Matt Wells
Friday June 14, 2002

Kitt

Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting! They haven't mentioned it much in the "news" articles on the site, although it did become obvious that quite a lot had happened between PJ and Jade.

Kitt

Friday, June 21, 2002 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm amazed they evicted Spencer over Alex! I thought he was the hot bet to win the whole game. Good that Alex stays though...

Ermmm, how many people are actually following the show? Is it only three of us?!

Britchick

Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 2:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Kitt, yes it looks like there is only 3 of us interested in UK BB3! Still, we can have fun here anyway. I wasn't that surprised about Spencer going in the end - I could see that people considered Alex bigger entertainment value and that's certainly true. I think that the coverage on the programme that week was quite biased in favour of Alex though, as it showed a lot more of him and made him look more interesting than Spencer. Shame... I'm still waiting for PJ or Jade (especially Jade as I've decided she's really mean) to be up for eviction so I can vote 5 times!!!
In answer to your question Kitt - I was in the US for the last 2 years so you were right about that. However, in April I came back to the UK permanently so I'm over here now and watching UK BB at home. I'm trying not to miss American telly too much but it's hard. In so many things, we are a year or so behind so it's quite annoying!
If that Guardian story is true, then it's all the more amazing that they didn't make more of the Lee/Sophie liaison since he had a girlfriend on the outside (who has *not* dumped him amazingly).

Kitt

Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Jade especially... for a while I thought I'd judged her too harshly in the first weeks when I really hated her, but now I think she actually is that bad! She's said some really nasty things about just about everyone, and needs to goooo!! I think she'll be nominated next week, unless someone else does something that stands out.

What's Tim like? I can't get a feel for him from the "latest news". They used to let us see those diary room clips online, but now it says you have to have a realplayer pass or something to see them :(. I haven't actually heard him talk.

I hope Jonny goes tomorrow not Sophie, he's kind of run out of steam it seems.

That must be annoying, waiting a year (or more!) to catch up with the tv. I noticed they were just starting to show the last season of Ally McBeal when I was back in May. At least you get to eat all the food you must have missed, I spend a fortune on getting it from the import shops!

Donut

Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donut a private message Print Post    
so how come you guys can get the us live feeds but we cant get the uk feeds? or can we?
and if we get the fourteen day real player free trial can we use it for BOTH the BBs?
and if we find a way to get the feeds, we cant watch the show, so we would maybe have to ask you guys to post summaries, wouldnt we?
and finally, why did it have to be at the same time, cuz i would love to watch UK BB but two BBs at once will be really crazy!!

Britchick

Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
I don't see why you couldn't get the live feeds, Donut, though it's expensive so that's why I didn't bother. Details will be on the official site
http://www.channel4.co.uk/bigbrother/

It's past the halfway mark in the UK so there will only be a couple of weeks of overlap between the two BBs... I'm hoping to manage both. I'm happy to post summaries, I just didn't think there was enough interest to justify it. We just got dsl installed here so I finally can afford to spend the amount of time online that I always wanted to!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: