TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Amazing Race Asia, Season 1

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: The Amazing Race Asia, Season 1 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 19, 2011Mak125 12-19-11  5:47 pm
Archive through December 29, 2011Biscottiii25 12-29-11  8:07 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Allan Wu is his name, and I think he is a wonderful host and nice to look at, too. I just googled him for us. He has been a model, actor and the first MTV Taiwan VJ ever hired from the U.S. He had to learn Mandarin Chinese for the MTV job, which he mastered in 9 months. He also has a degree in integrative biology. Not too shabby. Be sure to check out his photos at the link!!

imdb.com/

If you want more, this is his official website:
wulander.com/

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Bisc, I'm enjoying thinking of you and your sis watching together. This race is so fast-paced! Even losing my favorite team didn't dampen my enthusiasm for the remainder of the race. I think the finale editing may have made the very ending look closer than it actually was, but it sure was exciting.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mak! "Wu" is certainly an appropriate name because that is what I think every time I see him!

Give Mak2 a hug for me!

Spear

08-06-2001

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Allan Wu actually showed up in Season 16 of original TAR. He handed out a clue in Singapore.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I know it is the holiday season and people are busy, but I just can't understand why more people aren't watching this great race!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
As a teacher I am a stickler for accuracy! In Episode 9 it is stated that St. Teresa of Avila Church is named for Mother Teresa. While that was her parish church, St. Teresa of Avila was a 16th century Spanish nun, mystic poet, and saint.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Whew! Sis and I just finished watching the last 4 Eps, incl the last drama behind the scenes Ep. I hadn't spoiled for her so it was just as good as if I was watching myself the first time around.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
At the end, Sis started hopping up&down in her seat yelling "First Girl Team!" hehehe

Sis agrees with me that this was the BEST race we've ever watched (even though we've watched every US season since the beginning).
And we agreed that we liked ALL three remaining teams so wouldn't mind whichever one won!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am shocked at how well the brother team did! I thought they would be out right out of the starting gate as they appear to be in such poor physical shape -

I have rarely gotten to watch a reality show with others, so I am glad Biscotti and Sis could share this experience.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I am shocked at how well the brother team did, too! It seemed to me that this race had more of the physically demanding tasks than the US races do. I am positive there were more tasks with heights involved! It's great that they did the behind the scenes episode. The US TAR always leaves me wanting more. This would be just enough. At least they could offer it online.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am just up through episode 10, and the library is closed today and tomorrow, so I can't feed my addiction until Tuesday. However, I should be able to get in two episodes that day as I only have a PT appointment in the afternoon and "The Addams Family" at TPAC that evening.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am up through episode 12 and can hardly wait to see how it all turns out! What continues to amaze me is that there are so few TVCHer's that seem to be taking advantage of this great opportunity!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Well, my fav ;team didn't win, but I liked everyone in the final leg!

Episode 14 on Saturday!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I agree TNT! Maybe we will remind TVCH folks that the thread is here later when they've got nothing to watch.

My Sis and I watched all the Asia Season 1 Eps during the week and a half she was up here for the holidays. We're both TAR fanatics. So I was re-watching as she was first time watching. What fun, but I just about busted a gut keeping from spoiling!

We both were shocked at how intense & difficult the challenges were, and how strong the women teams were. Both of us were happy with the remaining teams, even if our favs got knocked out.

Sis flew back yesterday. When she called last night to say she was home, she said she planned to start watch Asia Season 2 first thing this morning.

PS - Ep 14 was a fun watch, got to see more of the landscape. We enjoyed.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I will finish this one up today and hopefully start Season 2 as well. Thank you so much, Biscotti, for making this available to us!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What an amazing wrap-up!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed it, every episode! Thanks again, Biscotti, for bringing this to us. I'll be watching Season 2 later.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
First a big TY to Tntitanfan for pointing me to the Asian season 1. I watched the first 3 episodes last night and wow. I haven't read this thread because I don't want to stumble onto any sort of spoiler but want to mention that these tasks are so much better than what we've gotten the last few seasons of the US version. The contestants so far seem much more mature and likable than what we get here in the sUS version. I don't have a fave team, yet.....hoping I can watch some more this weekend. Again thanks to TNT for alerting me that these episodes exist!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You are very welcome, Lilfair!

I am amazed that more TAR fans are not/have not been watching these shows! I find them very excellent and deeply regret that I am almost at the last episode of Season 4!

I think you would love the Australian version as well!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Howdy and welcome Lilfair! These threads should be fairly safe to read. We tried not to spoil in them because people were watching in different intervals (not like everyone watching the same show each week).

Yes, these were absolutely wonderful races and the challenges seemed more rugged than on the U.S. race.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Is there a season five lurking somewhere out there? (asking in a hopeful voice - )

Spear

08-06-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, there's no news about a season 5 (season 4 aired during the end of 2010). However, season 2 of TAR Australia (same production team) apparently finished taping a couple of months ago and will probably air right around the end of TAR USA in May.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Spear! That will be something to look forward to!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear! I knew we could count on you to keep us posted.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I just watched Episode 11 of Season Four which was a re-hash and even enjoyed that! How addicted am I?!?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
How addicted are ALL of us? When we all start twitching as a season ends. How funny to think when TAR U.S. first started and I was debating over the commercials. Wasn't sure it was my cup of tea at the time.

I'm delighted that Spears has given us these other races, too. It's a better opportunity to see more of other cultures and scenery.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: