TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through August 02, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just love all of the last four teams! If I had to lose one (which we will, next week) it would be between the father and son, because the father talks too much, and Tyler and Nathan, just because those two make so many mistakes I feel they don't deserve it now as much as the others.

Very glad it was a non-elim! Next Monday:

The teams make a mad dash for Sri Lanka to secure a place in the finale. The detour has some teams acting fishy, while deciding which carriage to ride in on a train trip could prove costly for one team. All teams struggle with their history but are given the opportunity to make up some lost time at a masked street parade. And a final sewing challenge proves to be a disaster for all.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Seriously, Tyler and Nathan started out so strong and fast but they MUST be running out of sleep (not to mention their stolen money). To be running around with a 190lb cross on your backs and say 'opps, I didn't bring the clue and we're lost'. Then continue to run around like chickens with their heads cut off - hauling the weight still?

I don't understand WHY one of them didn't leave the other to babysit the cross and run back to the backpacks or vehicle to retrieve the clue. Sure beats doing the chickens with their heads cut off mode. I can NOT believe that they beat the models, but delighted the models are still in the race.

OK, I recognize the models had a late start, almost 2hrs:

6:31am Cowboys
7:15am Luke/Dad
7:56am Surfers Tyler and Nathan
8:28am Models Sam & Renae

Think I'm going to watch this again (as usual), maybe I missed something. Geez, I'm so loving this show!!!

Spear

08-06-2001

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I don't understand WHY one of them didn't leave the other to babysit the cross and run back to the backpacks or vehicle to retrieve the clue.

I'm pretty sure teams aren't allowed to split up (exception: Roadblock). It's probably because they only have one cameraman and one sound man per team.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear, totally makes sense.

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Episode 11 has been uploaded to YouTube by a different user:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwZEkyDgxbk
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1pH4zez4eM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwXkKcmx9ew
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOV0NHi6NOg

I haven't gone through all of them but they look complete (I got a torrent instead).

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear! It was kind of a crappy day. No Rachel Maddow, no TAR Australia, nuthin' on TV. I looked at TAR Youtubes but it looked like lots of people posting bits & pieces. Talked to my Sis in Phx tonight and she thought there was a hurricane down in the SW, that maybe it interfered making the posting late.

You have saved the day! Thank you!!! Gonna watch right now.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Hey, Sis and I were wondering about how 'tight' that last episode really ended or if editing was involved. Turns out it WAS pretty close.

Leaving:

1:14am Cowboys
1:32am Jeff/Luke, Dad/Son
1:46am Surfers
1:52am Models

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh my! Yes, it looks like the full show. What challenges. Whew!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'd be happy with any of the final three teams winning next week- which is something I'd rarely say about TAR US....

And isn't it interesting that the one team who didn't violate a rule causing a time penalty was eliminated?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The Cowboys were a class act....always. I am thoroughly enjoying this Australian version.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I have to confess, the Cowboys were always one of my favorites. Not only were they a class act, but they were so funny with their comments. I cried to see them eliminated.

Although, I will be happy to see any of the 3 final teams win, too.

Thanks again Spears for loading those. Talked to my Sis in Phx 10 minutes ago and she's been still trying to reach by the link at the top, so I steered her to your post. Of course, she immediately got off the call so she could run to watch. Just now checked and that other site STILL has not loaded. So you saved bunch of us that would have been twitching & chomping at the bit!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I loved that even in their interviews, obviously recorded after they'd been eliminated, they were still laughing and joking. What a great team.

I was so happy for the girls for the sewing task! Finally a gender biased task that was in their favour! The teams must have been so close for Tyler and Nathan to have finished and got all the way to the pitstop before the 20 minute penalty was up, and then for the final two teams to have left before T/N could check in. If the girls had to have taken that 30 minute penalty I think they might have lost.

All in all three good teams for the finale. The father and son aren't my favourites but they've been a good team. I'd be ecstatic for a one-two in either direction with the other two teams.

And thank you very much for the alternate video source, Spear!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Sewing on rayon is really hard since it either snags the needle or bunches up. I cursed having to rip each seam several times. Never used it again. I've been sewing since I was 12 yrs old. Great episode.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
What do you know, they FINALLY updated our regular Youtube link with Ep 11.

I sure hope they give us an interview with the Cowboys, like the one Kitt found us at Harold Sun with Dave & Kelly. I tried to check there but haven't seen anything yet:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-radio

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I found a couple of short interviews, but nothing big:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/amazing-strike-rate-for-bushie-matt-nunn/story-e6frf96x-1226101670504

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/television/9914708/glamour-girls-set-for-the-home-stretch/

The second interview also notes that Sam and Renae come from Perth, and the race ends in Perth, so they might have an advantage there.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt! Will take anything, much appreciated.

Oh No! Oh No! From Kitt's au.news link:

"The finale of The Amazing Race Australia airs Monday at 9pm on Seven/GWN7."

I am so NOT ready for this wonderful race to end!!!

Spear

08-06-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
What a surprise:
Fiery Amazing Race couple Chris Pselletes and Anastasia Drimousis separate

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well if it wasn't going well, seeing themselves act like that on tv would be the final straw. I'm relieved for them, particularly her!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Well THAT is encouraging news! I was hoping Anastasia would finally wake up and smell the coffee. Any guy that could treat her so nasty - while knowing the cameras are whirring & the public is going to see - ain't going to improve over time.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Very glad to hear that!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Well THAT is encouraging news! I was hoping Anastasia would finally wake up and smell the coffee. Any guy that could treat her so nasty - while knowing the cameras are whirring & the public is going to see - ain't going to improve over time.

You hit the nail on the head!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Be warned the finale is 90 minutes long, so it might take longer before it posts..

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Please would the first person who posts spoiler details post a huge spoiler line above the text? Sometimes I have to check back in here to get the link and it would be a shame to fall upon a spoiler for the winner! Thanks!

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The finale has been uploaded by the "other" user:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFHw16yZyQ0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh2upFu0rrg
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87LF7HHtkA
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpPkMV92Ew
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OICAzfgkGG8
Again, I didn't check all of them but they look complete.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
THANK YOU SPEAR! My Sis flew up from Phoenix this morning just to watch it with me. And we BOTH thoroughly enjoyed!!!

Yes, those YTs look complete. What an excellent & WONDERFUL race that was. Totally intense, no way of knowing how it would turn out. However, it looks like it wasn't very close when you look at daylight turning to dark at the finish line.

For those that can't wait to know:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
They all seriously got stuck on the 'Flags' from all the countries visited last challenge.
1st = Surfers
2nd = Sam & Renae Models
3rd = Luke & Dad