TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through July 20, 2011 users admin

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
This season had lots of physical tasks to give strong young men an edge. Even more impressive if the women win.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah that last task particularly was tough on the women. Lucky they started first really, and also lucky (but fair) for Sam and Renae that they got a half penalty after completing one cut.

I was happy with who left, although this week they were nice to each other. Not happy to see the dad and son get nasty to each other. Strange how they changed like that, then seemed to get it together again.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've checked both youtube and dailymotion (the site I normally use) but neither has episode 8 up yet. Where are you finding it so early? (Actually - dailymotion usually has it up by Monday, but I figured since it was a holiday and all they are behind.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's on the youtube link at the top of the page already. This episode is Ep8.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I'd totally forgotten it was there! I use "new messages" only so I rarely see the top of any thread.

Enjoyed this episode, but that last task was definitely NOT made to be equal for all teams. Loved the models chasing down those sheep, though! :-)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yeah, great show! I'm good with the team that left.

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I can't believe how much I am enjoying this Australian season. I didn't think anything could top Phil's Amazing Race, but I like this better. I think it's the teams that make the difference. Not all contestants trying to be famous. I hope they do more seasons.

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Episode 9 is up on YouTube. Minor spoilers:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
That was a sad end -- eliminated at a McDonald's! I'm a bit surprised the original Race has never been to Israel.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I was going to post that it was up, via the link at the top of this thread. BUT! Got so excited to show my Sis visiting from Phx. and we missed a gap. Didn't want to send anyone there until it ALL showed.

Maybe they will correct by tomorrow, but Pt 4 (of 5) didn't fully load with only 2:05min showing. Thankfully a few hours later someone posted at the regular YT site, so here it is just in case:

The Amazing Race Australia 1 Episode 9 Part 4/5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6E_4YDcUg

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Biscotti - I realized something was missing, but hadn't taken time to look for it.

SPOILER BELOW

What I REALLY want to know is how late Dave and Kelly left after Sam and Renae. They still had daylight, but at the stop for coffee, it was pitch black. Were they THAT far behind that they couldn't let them finish or had they taken many wrong turns and the producers were afraid they'd get lost? Kelly said they had a great map, knew where they were going - something isn't adding up!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand that either. It seemed like they weren't that far behind, both the girls and the surfers got significantly lost and still ended in full daylight, then it's pitch black when Dave and Kelly are stopped. Very curious.

The know your partner quiz was a change up. I'd like to see that on the US one, but of course once they'd done it in one season people would practice for it and it wouldn't be the same.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
OK found the answer, there had been a fatal car accident between them and the pitstop. I guess that's why they were delayed so much and why they were having coffee.

There's a box in this link that turns into an interview with D&K

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/live-blog-with-dave-and-kelly-from-the-amazing-race-australia/story-e6frf96f-1226092898873

It also says Dave lost 15kilos, that's 33lb!

Spear

08-06-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The know your partner quiz was a change up. I'd like to see that on the US one, but of course once they'd done it in one season people would practice for it and it wouldn't be the same.

The final task of the final leg in TAR 11 (All-Stars) was a similar quiz. It was ironic that the team with "new" partners (Eric/Danielle) ended up winning because of that task.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Kitt - I wish they'd have mentioned it on the show when the host (ack - Grant???) came to give them the bad news.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
WHOA - I must've missed this early on. Kelly was only 37???? I knew there was a bit of an age gap b/t her and Dave, but I would have had her at least at 45!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Wow Kitt, you Struck GOLD with that link showing the Q&A of Dave & Kel! It answered so MANY questions that I have had since the very first season of U.S. TAR.

It's been kind of frustrating not having 'exit interviews' (while still grateful that we even get to watch, TYVM) but this link seriously satisfied. I sure hope they do it weekly. Thank you!

I'm sorry to see Dave & Kel leave but amazed that they managed to hang in so long. They were funny and simply a HOOT!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I think the remaining 4 teams are seriously competitive. This is truly going to get even more intense!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome! Some good info there.

Yep, four good teams. I guess that means there are only two episodes left :-(.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Kitt- I think there are more than two- there's likely a NEL coming up, so it's probably three (and apparently another foreign version had back-to-back NEL's at final 4, so there could be as many as 4 eps)

And Sam/Renae's reaction at the mat was really emotional...too bad about the circumstances about D/K's elimination though.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The ep isn't up yet, but the show has been picked up for a 2nd season down there, so that's good news..

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
After not having the last two episodes, Daily Motion has Episode 10. Just CLICK HERE

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thank you Teach! The Daily Motion wasn't as crisp to watch, BUT it gave us the entire episode. I notice as of 18 minutes ago our

http://www.youtube.com/user/amazingraceglobal#g/u

has just started loading. Still, it was such a wonderful and satisfying ep!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
but the show has been picked up for a 2nd season down there, so that's good news..

Wilson, that is FANTASTIC news! Can't tell you how pleased that makes me!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yes, it looks like now all 5 Youtubes are finally loaded completely.

ETA: Tyler and Nathan sure did some SERIOUS bungling tonight.

I believe they said 86kilograms:
Answer: 86 kg = 189.597 lb
OR 189 lb and 9.56 oz

The models were so smart, they could never have managed that!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am almost through with Episode 9 - the cowboys ROCK!