TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through July 04, 2011 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I hope someone will keep an eye on youtube and let us know when the new episode is available tomorrow!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yippee Skippy! New episode 6 is up, just a few minutes ago.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Hugs to you, Bisc! How great is a Tuesday with lunch with The Owl followed by TAR Australia on youtube?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh YUM! That was a tasty one too! I'm okay with the team that left, but I was sure sweating at times.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They had real live little girls in the task!!! The poor things, they had to have been jolted around so much!

Yeah, happy with the result, I quite liked them this episode but Mel had to end it by saying it was a good time to end because Alaina had finally taken charge - perhaps she would have learnt a whole lot more if she'd thought about what she should change in herself and not spent so much time criticising her sister.

All in all a fun episode!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am surprised the Cowboys didn't do the carrying task! They would have knocked that one out in a jiffy!

I am also impressed how much credit David gives Kelly for being smart!

Good on the surfer dudes for sharing their arrows with Matt!

Can you tell that I love this show?!?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I love that David credits Kelly all the time - so much different than Chris!

Another enjoyable episode - maybe we can hope that TAR Australia takes off and they'll have episodes when the US season is off...it could be TAR year round!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I think David knows his own limits, he has said many times that he needs to do the physical tasks and leave the thinking tasks to Kelly. And that's so true! When it comes to solving puzzles, like the Chinese lanterns, she has always pulled them through.

I was sure hoping it would be Chris & Anastasia going home. Even if they acted better in this episode, I still can't stand them. Was sure hoping the bow&arrow task would be the end of them and he (for once!) couldn't blame HER.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yes, I so hope the Australian TAR takes off! It's EXCELLENT! I keep trying to ratchet up TAR fan relatives & friends to watch this. If the Aust. TAR sees that they have a worldwide fanbase, it may give them more impetus to keep them coming.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Good on the surfer dudes for sharing their arrows with Matt!

I thought it was Luke, the Father/Son team, that shared the arrows with the Cowboys even though the Cowboys are such fierce competitors.

I find it so satisfying to see Jeff/Luke's relationship evolving. Pride in each other, a chance to vocalize that and experience new adventures together. Learning that Luke has his own 6 yr. old son. That's what makes this race more fun.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I just watched, Bis, and it was the father/son team that shared with the cowboys.

I cant believe I didn't watch this show until today and it was available yesterday.. I must be slipping!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Hey Folks! Just a heads up for us Reality TV watchers. TONITE:

Coming June 23-Expedition Impossible

posted at TVCH:

Has anyone heard about Expedition Impossible?

"A new reality television show entitled Expedition Impossible is set to make its debut on ABC this June, pitting 13 teams of three against one another in what looks to be an adrenaline fueled competition through remote regions of Morocco. The show, which seems to combine elements of The Amazing Race and the sport of adventure racing, comes to us courtesy of Mark Burnett, the mastermind behind Survivor."

It premieres on Thursday, June 23rd.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My bad, guys! It was the dad and son team that shared!

I have watched the first 14-15 minutes of "EI," and it is awesome!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Biscotttiii, we have a thread in other reality shows, LOL, can't wait for it!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I hope somebody is keeping an eye on youtube so that we will know when the new episode goes up. I can't do youtube on my whimpy little home system, or I would be the sentry!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I've seen it already (not on YT- I DL'd it)

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
It's an uber-leg! So no one is out...Nathan/Tom pulled some dirty tricks on Sam/Ranae- giving them misinformation, being a bit of a bully at the Detour- though the guys had bad car karma the entire episode as payback...

Everyone's pretty close together, and they'll be on a long train ride next week going from Prague to Krakow....and according to the previews, Tyler/Nathan may have had their bags with their passports stolen on the train ride!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Wilson! And just when I was kinda likin' that team! To repeat what I said in one of the cooking show threads, I think competition is fine as long as you respect others and play fair (as in the spriti of the law, not the letter thereof.)

I played inter-sorority basetball in college against a gal who said that her five fouls should "disable" at least four of the other team. This is not a competitor - this is a nut job!
!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
YT were loaded just an hour ago, 5 segments. Thanks for the Spoiler Wilson, I'm just coming in here now after getting ready for company.

My Kid Sis, that's as avid a fan as we are, is driving up from Phoenix but turns out she won't be in for another 6 hrs. So I think I'll wait and watch with her tomorrow. Always more fun with someone to watch too.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
TNT, don't worry! I make it a point to NOT watch before posting here when they're loaded. That way I don't forget.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I watched and had a totally different take on the farmers. I thought they legitimately tried to help the gals. The boys were referring to the man w/the big yellow flag (the mistake they'd made and had to count steps for), but the girls saw the striped flag (the correct one) and just thought the boys were trying to screw them up. Neither team knew about the second flag, so they weren't talking about the same person/flag.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Bisc! I will watch on the way home from the nursing home today!

Spear

08-06-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I agree Teachmichigan. The farmers were just trying to help but they didn't know how misleading their advice was.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I agree with Teach and Spear! The farmers had no way of knowing that the RIGHT thing to photograph was ALSO a flag. They were genuinely trying to help the gals -

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
An Uberleg!

The farmers were honestly trying to help the girls, they had taken a photo of the guy flying the big flag and were told they were wrong, so that's what they were telling the girls. They didn't realise what they were meant to take a photo of was also a flag.

Those roads that double as tram tracks always freak me out. I am terrified that I'm on the wrong part of them. It looked like there were a few near misses!

Dave and Kelley said he was 52 and she was 37! I thought she was much older given her general demeanor.

The cowboys were so much fun in their confessionals/interviews this week! I love how they are all so much lighter hearted about it than we often see in the US version.

I hope Tyler and Nathan aren't out of the race. If their passports really have gone I think they won't be able to continue.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I've seen the next ep...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Good news for Tyler and Nathan, sort of. Yes, their bag was stolen, but Sam/Renae found it. Their money was gone, but their passports were still there, so they're still in it.

Sam/Renae and Anastasia/Chris were leading most of the way, but they got caught in a nasty Intersection task. They had to saw through a log, switching one person after each piece, four pieces in total. Sam/Renae managed to get through one piece, but Anastasia just didn't have the strength to complete the task, and she and Chris (with Sam/Renae's approval) abandoned the task before they got halfway through the 2nd piece. Because Sam/Renae managed to get one piece done, they only had a 2-hour penalty, while Anastasia/Chris had to serve a 4-hour one...which was too much and they went from first at the TBC mat to eliminated at the actual pitstop. Not a good way to go out.