TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through June 15, 2011 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Happy birthday, Tnt!!

My computer decided it would play youtube for me yesterday, so I got caught up on this show. I had a good laugh at the mud crossing! Like most of you, I really enjoyed Tracy and Anne-Marie. They did well to make it as far as they did. I appreciated their good nature and senses of humor.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TNT, didnt see your folder sooooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hope its a fabulous year for you!!! love ya sexy lady!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
au.tv.yahoo.com/

This link lists "Elimination Station" on the menu to the left. So far, it only has interviews with the eliminated teams. The interviews are not playing on my computer. I don't know why.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mak1! I'll check it out -

I'm glad you finally got the shows to run well for you!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Happy Birthday TNT!

Thanks Mak, even if it's just interviews I'm happy to get more. I've really missed seeing exit interviews. Perhaps they figured that calling the link "Elimination Station" fans would know it was for exiting teams.

Shucks! Now I know how our Canadian Friends feel WRT Survivor & TAR. "This video is not available in your location"

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Well, darn it! That explains why I can't play the video. I didn't even get that message when I clicked the links, so thanks for letting us know, Bisc.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, all! I had a GREAT birthday!

Mak1, I am getting the "not available" message when I click on the Elimination Station link. I don't have any problem viewing the episodes, however. Go figure!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Will miss the fat ladies but not the yellow team. Would be better with subtitles.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Hey Folks, tomorrow night we should get our next "fix"!

I just rewatched, have NEVER enjoyed watching a YT like this one. The fact that all the teams wanted yellow team out of there speaks volumes.

I happened to notice, at the beginning on the ferry before he got seasick, Mos the tall one was taking a swift breath from an inhaler then later did the bungee. No matter how tough it gets, they never complain. No wonder the other teams help them since they have such a sweet & sincere attitude! I think Alana/Mel the sisters telling Mo/Mos to pull the tail of the goat helped save the day.

This has been such a wonderful race! BTW, talked to my Sis in Phoenix a few days ago. The day after I showed her this link, she was all caught up with all 4 episodes. She agrees this is the best ever and we had such fun quacking!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Where IS everybody? Am I the only one still watching?

Just a heads up, I THINK this may/must be a "To Be Continued" even though it just ends on the last (5 of 5) 1:37min YT abruptly. Still, it looks like it's going to be a very positive outcome!!!!

It's going to be a LONG week to wait. What a fantastic episode.
I'm In Happy!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Biscotti, I think I just watched the whole episode where someone was eliminated. Did it not finish for you? I even saw clips from episode 6.

I absolutely LOVE TAR Australia. The people are soooo much more entertaining, I think because they're real life regular people with some extraordinary personalities. (cept for a few lol)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Hey thanks! I will keep looking then.

ITA this is the BEST TAR I've watched in years, probably because they all seem like "real life regular people with some extraordinary personalities". Rather than recruits from Actor Wannabee circles.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Bless you Txhazeleyes! I found it on regular Youtube, I wanted to cry I was so happy.

The Amazing Race Australia: Episode 5 (PART 5/5) 12.43min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVT11vGpeY

NOW, I'm going to have a big cry at the result.
Oh no! Oh no!

Although, it appeared like the other teams were stepping on the mat at dusk - the last team it looked like during dark night.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching and still loving it. There isn't one team I'm rooting against (although Chris makes me want to smack him on a regular basis)! Still, I was bummed at the last place team - they're just nicer to each other than Chris is to Anastasia, and so I'd have preferred they'd stayed and Chris's keys been lost a while longer!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
How could Chris say to Anna that it was her fault that she got hurt because she went ahead of him? Hope that she leaves him after the race.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Well, Chris got tons of points from me at the orphanage, but lost them immediately at the wine challenge!

If they are thinking about getting marries, they seriously need to see a marriage counselor about their issues - and yes, BOTH of them have issues, not just Chris.

I continue to love the Cowboys and Surfer Dudes. Mel is a little quieter about it, but she is just as bossy and manipulative as Chris!

Makes me wish I could be back in NZ and Australia again! Great people - great spirits - great hearts!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
True, TNT- Mel is nasty to her sister frequently, just more quietly. Maybe Mel and Chris can team up, and THEY can come in last place on the next episode. :-)

Overall, though, I'm loving this season and the racers!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Mel is relentless with her complaints and criticisms, just nasty. I believe initially Alana and Mel have been estranged sisters. Mel left and made no contact with her younger sis for years & years, so this race was supposedly a chance for them to rebuild their relationship.

I bet though, after all the verbal abuse, Alana cuts ties after the race. Who needs a toxic relationship that undermines one's self esteem, especially as it's played out on national TV?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, the father - son duo seem to be having a wondrful opportunity to forge a respectful and supportive relationship.

This is just such a FUN race!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Such a sad result! I thought it might be a non-elimination again. I don't understand why Sam and Renae helped Chris and Anastasia get the keys working! They didn't seem to have much friendship with them, whereas they'd just bonded with Mo and Mos, and even if you think of the game instead of friendships, better to be against Mo and Mos later not C&A.

Hate Chris. Good grief.

Don't like the older sister much either (Mel?)... no wonder little sis acts up if she's continually told how rubbish she is and how she expects her to fail.

All the rest are a lot of fun. Without M&M I think my favourites are Tyler and Nathan.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I was very sorry to see M&M go, particularly as they were so kind and gracious when the Big K ladies were eliminated. However, at least a modicum of physical fitness is needed in an adventure of this sort - as can be seen looking at three of the first four teams out.

In the day, I was a crack rifle shot! However, I can tell you for true that I didn't just pick up a gun and hit moving targets my first time out! That skeet task had me shaking my head!

Cowboys - should they be sheepboys? - and surfer dudes rule!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely sheepboys, lol :-)

Anyone notice how the parachute thing had a weight restriction of 105kg? That's about 230lb. I think in quite a few of the US series there have been pairs where neither would have qualified, like those two NY brothers who had a hot dog stand.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I suspect that the producers would not schedule a task for which neither member of the team could qualify - OR - that they would not select a team on which neither member could do a pre-scheduled task.

I actuallly would have guessed the guy who DID the task to have been well over the 230 pounds limit by 20 to 30 pounds!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Since I've had a couple of days to mourn the loss of M&M, I guess now I'm okay with it. I never thought they had any chance of winning, like in a footrace to the end. But at least they got the opportunity to see more of the world, bungee jump and skydive.

I think they did a great service!! Showing clearly that not all Muslims are terrorists (their humor, like rifle shooting "must be in our DNA") or someone to be feared. The screaming and trying to keep from being pushed out the airplane. Showing how all the other teams LIKED them. Maybe it will help with the Islamphobia hatred that's become such a problem.

I just checked that poll of the favorite teams and Mos/Mo are still in 2nd place:

W-Ladies 17%
M&M 14%

The Surfers, Cowboys, Models & Dad/Son are picking up percentages. But the teams we all seem to dislike are really scraping bottom. You gotta see it, too funny!

http://post.polls.yahoo.com/quiz/quizresults.php?poll_id=61266&wv=1

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I wonder how Sam and Renae feel while watching these episodes. Since the teams are running separately, they probably haven't seen as much of the behavior as we get to. Their helping with the keys just sent home some nice guys & they had to have seen Mos/Mo were still behind them - while keeping an abusive male. Rewarding him to just keep verbally abusing his woman.

ITA, Chris & Anastasia BOTH need counseling because it's probably going to lead to physical abuse, sooner or later.