TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through May 31, 2011 users admin

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
This is so much fun to watch...they do not seem to censor the comments do they? When the ladies start giggling it makes me giggle too. They are my favorites and I all ready have a villain!!

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
This Race seems to be repeating a lot of the tasks in previous seasons of TAR Asia (same exec. producer, I believe), but seems to have a more interesting and memorable cast. I've assigned more than one person to the villain role myself -- the abusive, muscle-bound boyfriend who reminds me of BB Jessie and the married Type-A entrepreneurs (who I was already disliking before they pulled that last stunt).

Biscottiii, my understanding (from Australian posters in other sites) is that during the last season of US TAR, a local network aired the episodes in Australia within a week of the US airdate.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, thanks Spears it makes more sense!

Goodness, THIS Ep is stressful, gotta stop holding my breath. Loved when they did the Waltz music during the buffalo challenge, then later with the chickens.

Sad that the last team lost, but glad that the team Entrepreneurs will still have the team they 'betrayed' hanging around to tell EVERYONE they did the nasty. Don't think anyone will help Team Entrepreneurs again.
- - -
Signed: Bisc, yet another "evil woman right now!"
They don't make women like they used to.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Ahah! I figured this guy Grant Bowler "Phil-clone" is no novice. I think he's doing a remarkable job, interesting history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Bowler
Grant Bowler (born 18 July 1968 in Auckland, New Zealand) is an actor who has made appearances on American, Australian, and New Zealand movies and television shows. He is known for playing the role of Constable Wayne Patterson in Blue Heelers and also appeared as Wilhelmina Slater's love interest Connor Owens in Ugly Betty. In November 2010, he was announced as the host of The Amazing Race Australia which will air on the Seven Network in 2011. <snipped>

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This show is just plain FUN! I know they won't last long, but I am loving the two "Big W" ladies. This has to be the wildest thing they have ever done in their lives, and they are enjoying it to the hilt!

BTW, does "Big W" have any connection to Wal-Mart?

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I love this series!

The W ladies and the cowboys are my fav 2 teams.

The villains are the yellow team for me lol.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Spear ~ I've assigned more than one person to the villain role myself -- the abusive, muscle-bound boyfriend who reminds me of BB Jessie and the married Type-A entrepreneurs (who I was already disliking before they pulled that last stunt).

I went back and watched a clip, was the musclebound boyfriend the one who yelled "evil woman right now!"
They don't make women like they used to.?

Sportsfan ! The villains are the yellow team for me lol.

Yeah, I'm ITA with everyone. Loving the W-Ladies, no matter how battered & bruised they keep giggling and laughing at themselves, & forging on. Love the Cowboys.

Villains are definitely the Yellow Team/Entrepreneurs, they're just so full of themselves & bad move betrayal so early in the game. And "evil woman" guy that's probably going to be the one shouting abuse like that "My Ox is Broken" Guy a long time ago.

Spear

08-06-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I went back and watched a clip, was the musclebound boyfriend the one who yelled "evil woman right now!"
They don't make women like they used to.?

That's the one!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Big W is Woolworths... don't know if they still have them here, but yes, basically a Walmart/Target/K-Mart store.

I love the Big W ladies too! And agree on that man being the villain of the piece.

I'm not quick enough at matching faces - were the ones who were eliminated the ones who were promised a two minute head start?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
No, the two sisters were promised the head start. The brother and sister were eliminated -

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Titan, I couldn't quite tell the ladies apart.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the link Spear

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Woolworth's here was referred to as a "five and dime" or a "dime store." They have hot been a presence here since the beginning of the 60's.

If you are ever involved in a trivia game, Woolworth's in Nashville was one of the very first integrated dining options in the south.

Chellie67

07-11-2008

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chellie67 a private message Print Post    
Love the Big W ladies! They have such a great attitude. Thanks for posting these episodes. I'm really enjoying it.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Confessed I watched it again (nothing on TV). Caught a few more funnies that I had missed before. Like:

At the chicken delivering market, Mo & Mos, one of them said 'I'll never eat chicken again!' But later in a side by side confessional, one said 'I think they were laughing at us because Fat Arabs are a novelty.' The other one said 'I think in Vietnam, Fat PEOPLE are a novelty!' Then they both laughed.

While they were waiting out their 30min penalty, Mo & Mos were congratulating the incoming next two teams that could have bumped them out of the race! I think the W-Ladies and Mos & Mo have got to be my favorites. Both teams have a lot of heart.

Great cast of characters!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Isn't this show FUN!?!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I am LOVING this show! Most of the teams have such a positive attitude, and the tasks have been fun to watch.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't care for either of the younger couples, but the rest of the folks are very enjoyable!

I am addicted to NZ/Aussie humor, and there is plenty of that around!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think this has been pretty enjoyable to watch so far- and the prize is reasonable (from what I've heard, the $250,000 is tax free, so it's about half of the after-tax prize here).

I've seen ep 3 already-

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
A bit shocked about the ending. The Roadblock seemed simple- using a set of clues, put a set of 12 lanterns with pictures of animals up in the correct order of the Chinese Zodiac- but Sam and Renae had to burn their Express Pass which might hurt them later on, Mo and Mos decided to quit the task, earning a 4-hour penalty...which should have eliminated them. However, Anne Marie and Stacy also quit- eliminating themselves!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
How have you seen the show, Wilson? And thanks for the spoiler!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yipee Skippy, Ep 3 is totally up at Spear's link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/amazingraceglobal#g/u

4 parts (each a couple minutes longer than past ones)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Just stayed up WAY too late watching this episode!
SPOILER BELOW.....

(and now that it's posted, is it really a spoiler??) Don't read further if you haven't watched it yet.

Doooo doooooo deeeeeee dooooo

Okay - you've been warned. Once again I loved the tasks they were given and the good nature of most of the teams. Was surprised the one girl at the Fast Forward didn't even blink - she rather surprised me. Totally bummed at the team that went home, though. I LOVED them - their sense of humor will be greatly missed.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh no! Oh no!
I had read Wilson's Spoiler, but still wasn't prepared.

Still, what a graceful exit.

Wild & excellent challenges.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
One thing I find interesting is that many of us (watching long distance via YT) haven't much cared for the Yellow Team/Entrepreneurs. Last week the older Man/Wife team didn't like them, even before they pulled the nasty/betrayal on the IIRC blonde sisters.

Granted, the word has probably spread about that lil move among the teams, but from what other teams said in tonight's ep I don't think ANY of the teams like them either or would be willing to help them. Should be interesting to watch. Their ruthlessness could seriously bite them in the a$$.

The W-Ladies looked quite stunning in their evening wear, as did all the others. TAR really did a nice job selecting/sizing the clothes!!

Spear

08-06-2001

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Was surprised the one girl at the Fast Forward didn't even blink - she rather surprised me.

Yeah, I had to (grudgingly) give her some respect for that.

I was also surprised at the Roadblock results. I guess people just reach a point where the brain just doesn't work any more (similar to the Globetrotters' first Race).