TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: General Discussions: Archive through May 23, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Our favorite show from an Austalian perspective!

Spear

08-06-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
If you need a TAR fix, the Australian edition started this week. Episode 1 is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/amazingraceglobal#g
/c/40977DA7ED42038C

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear, loved it! Are you going to post link weekly (please)!!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
oooooooooo thank you thank you thank you!

Spear

08-06-2001

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan, I think new episodes will show up on the same page. They air Mondays in Australia so they'll probably pop up a day or two after that.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Spear! Thanks for the link - I loved the Australian version!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Back to add that the teams had a challenge of counting briefcases full of money, and the amounts were different for each team - how's that for smart?!?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh what FUN! Thanks Spear

What's even better is that it's the First Australian TAR, not just skinny model type folks. Real variety. Did you look at the size of everyone's backpack?

So strange having another guy giving the same speeches we're so accustomed to hearing from Phil. What a treat!!!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I liked that about the show too, Bisc!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a great show. Fun contestants, good variety, good enthusiasm and intelligent tasks along with the fun of it being the first. Oh and a good "Phil clone" host. Seriously it was a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for tipping us off about it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No offense to all of you who are watching this, but can we have a separate thread? I'm not, and I keep clicking on this expecting to reae something about th US version.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's fine Roxip. I was thinking of creating one anyway and moving the posts over if there was going to be more discussion. There seems to be some interest so I'll do that when I get back to my computer. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I loved the first episode, so I'll follow the thread. If you build it, we will come!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just curious as to whether all the Aussie episodes will end up on youtube? I would hate the start watching and then findout I can't see how the season ends.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Great minds think alike, I was going to start a new thread tonight but it's better if Jimmer can pull all our posts and keep together.

Thanks Jimmer & Roxip for the suggestion!

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Spear! That was so much fun to watch.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thsnkd y'all. I wish that I could invest time in another TAR but as it is I'm trying to make myself watch less television...and if I start following this thread I will end up watching the show...LOL...and my house and yard are suffering because I watch way too much teevision these days. (Oh yeah, and my child too.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So now we have an Amazing Race Australia thread of its own with posts moved over. I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have an alternative link to Daily Motion (like youtube but allows 20 min videos). Usually Daily Motion links don't get taken down so it might be a good backup:

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/TheAmazingRaceAus/1

The person who hosts it usually gets new videos up within a couple of days of broadcast.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt! Always well to have a back-up plan!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thank YOU Jimmer! You always spoil us & we luv it!

Confess, lastnight I shared the link with my Sis and her best friend (both ardent TAR fans). As of lastnight the LAST of her reality shows ended too (even with her fancy cable TV) and it was going to be a dry summer.

We got so excited when I was describing, after hanging up the phone I decided 'what the heck!' I watched the episode all over again. It was nice, though, to have a better sense of the teams/names. The W-Ladies and the Cowboys seriously lob some funny comments.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Brenda ~ Just curious as to whether all the Aussie episodes will end up on youtube?

To me Spear's link looked like a more professional website, like maybe Australia's version of CBS website. Not like YTs that individuals pop in occasionally. Plus it had the last USA TAR, so I would bet they will keep it going.

Does anyone know if Australians get to watch CBS, like our Canadian Friends do? Or maybe they do the reverse, via this link, to see USA TAR? It would be curious to know if the Aussie teams have watched many races.

I thought it was interesting that their prize for the race is $250,000 dollars, instead of a million. But maybe it's planned to spread the wealth during the race so that more people get prizes as they come in first.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yep, just got the notification that Ep 2 is up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/amazingraceglobal#g/a

Posting Spear's address again in case the thread archives.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am so thankful to all of you that share info on this board. I am now totally committed to watching ALL of Australia's TAR. What fun!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
It took a little longer it appears, I should have waited before posting, but looks like the last segment has been posted now.

The Amazing Race Australia 2011, Season 1, Episode 2, Part 6 of 6