TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
10th Episode - May 15

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 10th Episode - May 15 users admin

"The Longest Minute of Your Life"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia -> Chile -> Argentina -> Uruguay -> Barbados ->
Dominican Republic -> USA

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tonight's title is "The Longest Minute of Your Life". Interesting.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Please spoil for us West Coasters . . . these late night hours after a full work day has me fall asleep half way through! Thank goodness for taping!

This season has been very interesting for me, as (other than Mexico) I have not been to one of the places they are competing. And, I thought I was going to really like Amber & Vinny, but the bickering just had me shaking my head wondering how long that relationship was going to last.

I loved the mom/son team, so nice and so positive.

And I adore Rod & Leticia's relationship. I didn't think I was going to like them because at first I thought Leticia seemed too fancy to be giving it her all (based on my false stereotyping). But they work so well together!

Ricky and Cesar, though, should win.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I would love to see Rod and Leticia or Juan and Shane win. No hope for Amber and Vinny. Can’t imagine what it was like for these two to see the way they behaved on each episode.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Dominica republic

All in same boat to start.

On a catamaran

First ceasar and Ricky and rod ans Leticia dive in water. At 10 am. Swim to bouy for clue.

Choose assemble dive rigs and put on boat.

Or rum. Drink orders to 6 different drinks the make and serve.

First 2 go for drinks.

2nd group 15 min later

Also going for drinks.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
road block. Leticia hasto do the rest for team. windsurfing = yay. I love to windsurf, ytou need balance and confidence, being iffy will dump you. ricky and leticia doing it. I can't imagine doing it without knowing about sailing as a base.

Boom in the head for leticia. this will be hard for a non water person. I picked it up right away but I had been sailing for 30 years before. maybe if they just need the wind at their back. turning is hard. ok no turning. easy.

Military heading there now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
spoiler
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler

Leticia finished first, Ricky struggling.

amber and vinnei heading to windsurfing.

Ricky struggling

I think Leticia did it by holding the sail backwards. ? others fall over.
It is supposedto be easier for women.
vinnie is doing it.

Military and Rickie now holding backwards and they do it. But Ricky still falling off.

Ricky comes in 3

Vinnie the surfer still on course

Vinnie done same time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
dune buggy to kayak to final 3 pit spot

rod and leticia was dooing first whenthey capsized. but still first.

military #2

ceasar and ricky 3

amber and vinne last.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
and Vinnie proposes and Amber accepts.

so corny but a little scary.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
final 3 going to Philadelphia

Spoiler
Lincoln financial field for first clue

Driving themselves.

ricky was raised in Philly - of course. this whole race made for them. sheesh.

Military has to ask directions,
who has team spirit road block. one team member dresses as amazingrace mascot, he, andthen take part in mascot training

rod and leticia then ricky who once wasa mascot and is usedto costume.
Shane is mascot

ricky hits target first

then they go to Genos cheese steaks.
leticia hits target second.
leticia knows where Ginos is. military needs directions thinks it is a pizza place.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
must recite the declaration of independence as a team to the town crier
Military got directions to Ginos pizza, need to find Ginos cheese steaks

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler

wow the military ended up in New Jersey - howdid they not notice there are a million signs.

learningthe declaration is hard for Ceasar bcause English is his secnd language.
Ceasar and Ricky going first. ricky blows an adjective.
then leticia, but rod loses his lines

Cesar comes through going to betsy ross house for next clue.
rod tries some moretime. Military here now.

next stop one person must "earn their stripes"
ceasar goingto assemble flags. must put states in order.
rod still can't get it. rod gets it before military arrives.

ceasar finished the flag, as rod and let arrived yet. military arrives whil Let is putting flag together. Not a lot of hope becasue she does not know which state she is in.
shane passes Let.

final clue at liberty bell in a puzzle.
Ceasar gets great head start on puzzle.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler

Let finally finishes.

C &R finishedthe bell and hung it. no one else arrived. go to where washington crossed the deleware. guesswe know who wins

Ricky can't find I95. 2 blocks away.

and Cesar and Ricky are there.
then military then rod and leticia

Ricky and ceasar are going to build a family.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sadie, for the great replay! It was a fun finale in that it kept changing as to who was in the lead. I enjoyed watching these final three teams.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
All worthy competitors, the three teams that made it to the finale. Most of all, just really nice humans! They all had such patience and were so supportive of each other when one of them may have screwed something up. Truly, this year they had among the nicest teams they have ever had. There really wasn't anyone I disliked. Amber and Vinny had a some frustrating moments...but we have experienced much worse lol

Soooo happy for Cesar and Ricky! Well deserved! I wonder if they have a timeline in which they must take the trips they won? How many did they win, 6? I wonder if they can take a cash payment in lieu of the trip? Just really happy for R&C! It hardly ever happens that the people I want to win end up winning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It seemed like a foregone conclusion and Cesar and Ricky having a Philadelphia connection as well as mascot experience... after all the Spanish speaking countries.

I miss the final task of putting race events in order.

I did like the Philadelphia tasks.

All nice people.

I thought about Vinny carrying that ring for the whole race.. I would be paranoid about losing it!

Their goal was paying off their college loans, which they recently did accomplish.

Are Rocky and Cesar working on starting their family? The prize certainly had to help with that!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So happy for Ricky and Cesar! The finish order was exactly how I would have hoped.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I noticed that quite a few of the contestants spoke/understood Spanish to some degree, this year. It seems to be a good language to have on AR. Am always surprised at the amount of countries where many speak English. Always seems like everyday people in other countries, where you would least expect, speak other languages. There are so many countries where there are a dozen of official languages recognized.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
when I was in Germany my spanish, bad as it was let me oin forced with an Italian kid who was also a tourist, we spent the day togethr going to different places. He spoke Italian with some understanding of Spanish nither of us spoke German and it was an unfriendly not positive toward americans time, sO I could tell the waitresses understood me while they pretended to not understand me. Too bad it wsa before translating cell phones.
PS everyone in Germany assumed I spoke German because of my north Polish/arian look. blonde blue eyes oval/round face..... Germans asked me directions. the Italian kid found it extremely funny. Just like at home, I lmost dread walking anywhere because everytime I am out someone asks me directions.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 17, 2024 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I really wanted Let and Rod or Juan and Shane to win, if only because I wanted another team to take first place. If Juan and Shane do not go to New Jersey, I think they would have won.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 17, 2024 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Way back when I was 16, and we visited Germany, I was truly surprised at how many residents spoke English. As a German student, I was a little disappointed! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: