TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
12th Episode, Dec 13

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: 12th Episode, Dec 13 users admin

"A Sunset, Seattle Scramble"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

USA -> Thailand -> Vietnam -> India -> Germany -> Slovenia -> Sweden -> Ireland -> USA

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, December 10, 2023 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
No title given by CBS, sorry.

90 min

Spear

08-05-2001

Sunday, December 10, 2023 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
My schedule says the title is "The A Sunset, Seattle Scramble".

Lanzee

07-11-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lanzee a private message Print Post    
I’m so ready to cheer for Rob and Corey trw night! Let’s go!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No spoilers??? I am dying to know how it's going

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I’m fine with whichever team wins. I liked all of them….which usually does not happen to me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Brothers Greg & John are now millionaires. Joel & Garrett 2nd. Rob & Corey 3rd.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All three teams were so great, but I was especially happy with a Greg & John win, they seemed to be so able to enjoy each other and the race, sometimes frustratingly so when I wanted them to stop being happy and rush to the next challenge!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The order was the opposite of what I hoped for, especially since two of the four tasks favored the team with two younger fitter guys (the trapeze and the kayaks), and having the heavy kayaks wasn't really necessary.

But.. Happy with any of them as winners. Three great and pleasant teams.

What a view they had on the Space Needle!!

The three bands .. Yikes!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was going to be happy for any of these 3 great teams to win the million dollars.

Congratulations to Greg & John, to Joel & Garrett and to Rob & Corey.

It was a fun season to watch because most of the couple were so respectful to one another.

One more thing, I really loved Joel's positive, happy personality. And that beard was great!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Rob and Corey made 2 mistakes that cost them the lead, first going to the furthest scramble task first, then getting lost on their way to the kayak challenge. No idea how well they would have done on that.

And I was screaming at Joel and Garrett to switch those 2 kayaks... if they had just gotten that right, they would have won!

So, while the brothers earned the win, they earned it on the mistakes of others. Darn it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What a great season. I was happy with any of them winning. Just such nice and wonderful teams that worked so well together and enjoyed the experience immensely. Exactly the kind of people who are fun to watch.

Yayadeb

08-12-2021

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yayadeb a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this season and although in the minority, was cheering for the brothers. I would have been happy with either of the 3 teams winning. They were all so pleasant and appreciative of everywhere they went.

Now for a little perspective on locations in Seattle, since I live in this area.

I looked up addresses of the 3 Scramble tasks, and they were all pretty close to each other. The Trapeze was a bit more south, but I wouldn’t say more than about 2 miles. It looks like the glassblowing was most North, in the Belltown area.

They had to drive north to Kenmore Air, which is roughly 13-15 miles from downtown Seattle. So even if doing the trapeze act first, they were heading in the right direction to go North.
Once you are heading North on I-5, the exits are pretty much in numerical order. The only way I can think of that Rob and Corey got lost, is once they took 175th exit to Kenmore Air.

Also, Marymoor Park is in Redmond, which is on the east side of Lake Washington (Seattle is on west side). It is about 15 miles south of Kenmore Air. They would take I-405 to get there.

It was really fun watching them go through a city I’m familiar with.
Plus, it’s always a thrill watching them go to international cities I have been to.

Sorry if I rambled….LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That would be fun, knowing the area. I once got a tour of Seattle from a former cab driver and that was interesting. We did go where Amazing Race had started one season and the base of the Space Needle, among many locations.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I appreciate the insider info Yayadeb as I had wondered if the order of the tasks had caused the dad son team to lose, but it sounds more like the time it took them to do tasks or getting lost caused their loss.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree that I liked all 3 teams and didn't have a problem with any of them winning...but was rooting just a tad bit more for the other 2 teams.

I agree that having to lift the heavy kayaks, right after pooping themselves out on the trapeze challenge, posed more of a setback for the teams that would not have had 2 younger or more in shape contestants. Usually the last memory challenge doesn't have such a physical component. It's usually more memory focused.

In any case, it's a little heartbreaking that the "beards" lost by 120 seconds....it was so close. Anyone know how far after, the dad and son arrived?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sincebb, esp since the "beards" got there first and just had 2 kayaks switched. If they had just figured that out 2 minutes sooner!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved this season and was so happy with all three teams in the final three but admit that I was rooting for the dad buds followed by the dad and son team. I was really pleased that most of the comps this year could be done by just about anyone - up until the final episode ~ yikes, lol! Great season all around.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The exit interviews with RHAP were all really great.. all such good friends. Every single one of them came to their final viewing party..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I suspect Corey and Dad lost because of the trapeze, but I was so happy I cried when he finally did it. They/Dad never gave up.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Corey and Dad lost because they got lost. I liked all the teams at the end.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I liked this season so much...I'm scared to see the season they banked. I heard that most of the contestants were not very likable. Yikes

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season they banked? What do you mean, is there a season they didn’t air?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, apparently they have a 60 minute season they haven't aired yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Weird! Must be disappointing to those in it, I'm sure there were some likeable ones in there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Corey and Rob got lost and as it was night, they had a hard time getting help. People not on the street, then not wanting to stop as their Uber arrived. They went into a grocery store to find people. They said had it been daytime, that might have been the difference.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
For the first time in a looooooong while I liked all of the final teams! Call me a Pollyanna, but I like to see people's GOOD sides!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's the part I dislike in AR. When taxi drivers or wrong directions given or broken cars etc cause the team to lose. I understand that is part of the process...but it still makes me sad, when it's bad luck that does them in. Especially when it takes out I team I like. Rob and Corey was definitely a team I loved. But they all were/are great teams this year

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure that the son said he took bad notes and he had no idea where they should go. that is in your control.
You have to balance the need for speed with the need for good directions and taking your time to get it right.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: