TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Episode, Nov 15

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: 8th Episode, Nov 15 users admin

"A Planes, Trains and Automobiles Day"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

USA -> Thailand -> Vietnam -> India -> Germany -> Austria -> Slovenia

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, November 12, 2023 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"A Planes, Trains and Automobiles Day"

90 min

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Greg and John leave at 10 14.
robin and Chelsea 10 23 departing 7 30
TODD AND Ashly departing at 7 30 departed 4
Rob and Corey departing 7 30.departed 4

Then train delay

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
anna Leigh is so negative. It's like she has never seen the show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I half wondered if there was going to be some medical event with her dad, she didn't seem to have any consideration for how he was doing on that climb.

The only consolation with those two not going is that Morgan and Lena were also arguers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 16, 2023 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was kind of worried about Rob on all those stairs, too.

I know my knees would be tired going upstairs and really have trouble going downstairs. That zip line was fantastic and Slovenia is gorgeous.

At the end of the skiing you could tell it just killed Robbin not to have Chelsea get to the clue box before Greg and John. But of course they still got to just follow the guys. Yes that is a strategy but it still is irritating.

Anna Leigh and Steve missing that sign saying the express pass was already taken was crazy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really was hoping that Anna Leigh would go home this week, her attitude is so bad she needs to go home and figure that out.

And she keeps blaming everything on her Dad when she is the one in such a hurry she doesn't stop and consider/figure things out before she rushes off into the race, ie going for the express pass when they are so far back in the pack.

I really thought they were going to get called off on a technical since they took the elevator down, since the clue said to walk; and others didn't take the elevator because of that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2023 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I liked the sisters was sad to see them go. I love that the father son got the pass!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I thought Anna said the clue did not tell them they had to take the stairs back down.

I don't know what she was thinking going for the Express Pass when they were so far behind. That probably set them back an hour. I have noticed that Steve and Anna seem to be directionally-challenged and when they have to drive somewhere that's when shit goes off the rails for them. They did very well the first few episodes because they didn't have to drive.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Maybe Anna Leigh will learn something from watching herself. I was worried for dad on the spiral staircase and she just didn't care.

I love Greg and John but was going to be really upset if they got past Rob and Corey after all the steps they had already done. I know it's allowed but it just would have been cruel.

Somehow I manage to blank out Robbin and Chelsea whenever they are on the screen. Todd and Ashlie are really catching their stride. Love Joel and Garrett! And the tasks - gliding!! So cool!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl I think it was Greg and John who started to take the elevator and said well the clue says to walk, is that considered walking? So they didn't take the elevator.

That's why I thought they were supposed to walk down the stairs.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Perhaps, because it did not impact the outcome of the race, they did not show a penalty time. Or maybe the clue really did not say.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If they were supposed to walk down the stairs they would have been penalized (and it would have been shown). If I remember correctly didn't the sisters arrive within minutes of Steve and Anna?

It sounds like the clue said to walk up the stairs, but didn't say how they had to get down. I think everyone assumed they had to walk down the stairs, but they could have taken the elevator.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I only heard “by foot” so lots of grey area in how you get around by foot.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The sisters had to be way behind the pack for Steve and Anna to still beat them

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled they took the elevator! These tasks seemed like a way for AnnaLeigh to "murder" her Dad, LOL.

I just remember thinking, OH NO, when they got into the elevator, and that Phil would send them back to climb and walk down again.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I could be confused but I thought the sisters arrived at the mat right after Steve and Anna, or are you saying they had to be way behind "the pack" because Steve and Anna lost at least an hour doing the Express Pass and still beat the sisters?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes because they lost an hour doing the pass

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Ihope the tasks are engineered in such a way that the father/son have to lose visual contact! Surely that was taken into consideration!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
TNT, did you perhaps leave a "don't" out of your comment above?

Lanzee

07-11-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lanzee a private message Print Post    
Hey, Seamonkey! Once BB 25 was over, then I began watching the Amazing Race last week sunday night. I watched each nite, each episode til I did all caught up today. Finally, I did jump on tvclubhouse pit stop mat! Kidding!! Ha! I’m so glad that Rob (Deaf Dad) and Corey (Coda son) are still in game! YAY!! They got the express pass. Yippie! Rob’s wife, she’s a superintendent at California school for the Deaf, Riverside. I used to work for CSDR for 12 years. Looking forward for new episode on this coming wed night. Can’t wait!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh you have more of a connection than I realized, Lanzee. They have a good system using the mirror so Dad driving can see the son signing from the back seat.

I am cheering them on.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lanzee, that is cool! That school is close by to our house. I wonder if they are having watch parties in my area.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 21, 2023 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are my favorite team. I so hope they win! They work so well together.

Lanzee

07-11-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lanzee a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, yes, i always using the mirror in my car to communicate the person behind the seats in ASL.

Pamy, yeah, I know that ur house is close to CSDR. Yes, there are watch parties in ur area. Mostly would be at person’s home or the bar or sports place that provide TV for them to watch it. I live in Minnesota now so I’m watching tv.

Brenda, yes they are!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I noticed that besides Phil, one of the guys on another team had picked up a bit of ASL on last week's show. I think it was while they were waiting for their partners to do the task with the wooden back carriers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lanzee, I would love to find out in advance where they are watching.

I also saw that the school won their 2nd straight FB championship! Our friend works at the school

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: