TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Episode, Nov 1

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: 6th Episode, Nov 1 users admin

"Driving Head On Into Scooters"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

USA -> Thailand -> Vietnam -> India

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Driving Head On Into Scooters"

90 min

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 30, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yikes. .will this be worse than the usual...driving head on to...scooters, cows, goats, cars, Tuk Tuk, people

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Didn't Phil say this is also the episode with the mandatory U-turn? It will be interesting to see how they play this out. The only thing I can think of is all teams have to vote for someone for the U-turn before the leg starts.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow the first team left at 8:45 2nd the second at 9:48
quite a head start.

3rd team 9:55 4th 9:58 5th 10:03

6th 10:09

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
7th 10:29 8th 10:42 last 10:44

I am surprised a who they picked to do both tasks. It was like kind of wasted.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Kind of cool to see a camel just walking around in traffic. Can you imagine seeing that in your city?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Only two minutes between the last two? The way they played it it looked like the final team didn't start the final challenge until after the 8th team left.

So sad to see them go, they were my favourite team. And it seemed a lot of it was because their tuktuk went at about a third of the speed of the others'. Seems especially cruel as they couldn't change tuktuks, and had to use the same slow one multiple times.

And wow, Anna-leigh is so annoying.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I like watching the times they leave. it gives me insight to the way the film is edited.

In one of the early shows there was a difference of 24 hours on one day and grew to over a day on the next. then they made that couples so far behind leave together as they could not get the filming done in 2 countries with that much of a difference. it was all caused by plane delays.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, those were the start times, I think, not the finish times?

They were my favorite team also. Quite a few I would have preferred to leave.

And if that gal in the pink screams "out of towners" again, I might throw something at my TV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, that's funny.. I crack up everytime they say "out-of-towners", like it means anything to all the people on the streets.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it's so stupid. Is it supposed to excuse their bad behavior? I don't get it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't even notice what she was screaming, but don't need the screaming in my life and their glee at beating a team that was U Turned. (I am not and never have been a huge fan of the U Turn).

I don't mind Anna Leigh so much, the bickering duo is more annoying.

The new first place team.. hmm I really don't recognize them yet, but I'm sure will learn more about them as they will get more air time now.

Anna Leigh and dad should have maybe moved some of those tuk tuks back into the lane they made as it seemed to get easier and easier for others (at least if they FOUND their tuk tuk early).

It was interesting that several teams got very into exactly how to tie those flower bundles but it didn't seem like that was a requirement when they turned over the bundles.

That last task looked really difficult. The peacock was really nice.

I think Phil has featured the all woman driving all electric tuk tuks. I like the idea and I imagine some women there appreciate having women as drivers as well.

I wonder how many U Turns are included this season and if pairs can or cannot be targeted multiple times.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't pleased last week when Phil brought up the U Turn with several teams on the mat and that Joe and Ian, who were being philiminated, felt it was necessary to point out that Anna Leigh and Dad should be targeted. That seemed like outside interference and there was another team with almost as many votes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was a new way to do the Uturn, wasn't it? Everyone voted before anyone left the pit stop. I thought I was coming in in the middle of the episode when I first watched it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Kar, her voice and the out of towners thing was ok the first 20 times I heard it!

So sad to see the brothers go. Loved them. My favs now are the sisters, Dad and son and the brothers that came in 1st

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Anna is such a fake phony beauty queen. You can tell she is nasty when things not going perfectly for her

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was hoping that both teams would be u turned. It never feels good to know that everyone is against you and I really wanted Robbin and Chelsea to know how close the vote was to them being u turned. They're the only team that bugs me in any way but I am still enjoying them all this season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure that's the only U-turn this season. I never have been and never will be a fan of it.

I also didn't miss TAR going to India these last few years. It is my least favorite country for TAR legs.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Glad the brothers came in first since they were the only ones to thank the people along the way (dhanyavaad). Good karma.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, in my mind it was Greg and John who left. Just never got to know them, but probably will.

Liam and Yeremi I did know, sad to see them go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ohhh..story on Robbin and Chelsea and why they got votes for U turn...

The very first day teams ran downhill from the Hollywood sign and secured a marked car. Yeremi found a car, put the bags in and sat in the car til Liam got there, but Robbin ran up, and the clue was under the windshield wiper. She took the clue and told Yeremi this was her car, and to get out. That was a bad start and apparently there was just no working with Robbin and Chelsea..

They had good relationships with everyone else.

And what crazy cab experience they had that last leg.. And they were not allowed to get a new driver...

They had good things to say about all other teams, were allied with Anna and another team. I guess they didn't get the beauty queen vibe..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It does seem like all the teams get along with each other except for Robin and Chelsea. If Steve and Anna hadn't kept coming in first, I have no doubt Robin and Chelsea would have been unanimously u-turned. They actually wasted the mandatory u-turn on a team that was more than capable of performing both tasks.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Hopefully this episode got the U-turn maggot out of CBS' brain!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They could still have another..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They never said there would be two U-turns this season. They phrased it as having a "mandatory U-turn" which leads me to believe it is the only U-turn this season. (But I could be wrong)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I remember them having the U-Turn in the middle of the "keep racing" leg. It was not mandatory. I don't like the U-Turn in any situation, but this was the best scenario for me. They race a whole leg, then they get to the pitstop mat and are told there is no elimination because they are still racing. No one knows where anyone is, who is ahead, who is behind. When they encounter the U-Turn they had to figure out who was still behind them. When the team arrived at the U-Turn they saw their photo and had to do both roadblocks. If a team already passes the U-Turn station the vote was nullified. So you could only U-Turn teams behind you in order to have the advantage work for you.

I did not like the voting before the leg started. Of course everyone will vote out the best team. Luckily, the father/daughter team had 1.5 hours advantage and was good at the challenges so that they glided through them in great time. But I would have been mad if a top team got eliminated because of such an unfair twist.

I hope never to see the U-Turn return again. There are so many things that naturally occur to take down teams. Delayed flights, missed connections, bad taxi drivers, wrong directions, flat tires, uncooperative animals, injuries and just plain bad luck....why do we have to add purposeful sabotage? I enjoy AR exactly because there is minimal ganging up on other contestants. I like that they sort of race in their own "cocoons" with minimal interaction and therefore minimal grudges against each other.

Worldtraveller

06-26-2019

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Worldtraveller a private message Print Post    
I love the pink Phillie girls and Rob and Cory.
I am unable to root for a team that takes pleasure in hunting and killing animals, JMHO
Eating a plate of insects and a GIANT ONE...wow

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: