TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Episode, Oct 18

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: 4th Episode, Oct 18 users admin

"The Day Keeps Rockin' Here in Vietnam"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

USA -> Thailand -> Vietnam

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"The Day Keeps Rockin' Here in Vietnam"

90min

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, this was difficult to enjoy because I like Victor and Jocelyn so much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was sorry to see them go. I hate it when the last task is largely dependent on luck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was so hard!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jocelyn reminds me of myself when I am disappointed but want to think about the positive aspect of the moment and it comes out as a cry/laugh/keep repeating it's okay/cry/laugh/keep repeating it's okay. That was a heartbreaker. Each time the husband would say "we do this at work every day, I know my fish", I knew they were doomed.

When they went to the place where they could put in a wish, all I could think of was "Peace and understanding in the Middle East". I always have a hard time with people praying to win, etc. I would ask for inner strength, courage, acceptance of fate, anything but 'help me win me money'. LOL.

The brothers Liam and Yemeri brought me to tears with their story. I'm so happy for them that they have this experience. Those mattresses were heavy and that walk up the stairs - ayeee!

Anna Leigh let the match task get to her. I'm sure it's all in the editing but there were times when she seemed more focused on looking at others rather then looking at the tiles she was passing. This might have been a better task for the dad. Yes, luck was part of it but so was focus.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
PS ~ I love the outlook of so many in the cast this year! Seriously, what a great cast!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I hated that last task. It was so hard and really depended on you being lucky and having good eye sight.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought that the last task showed if you could concentrate on the special feature and remember the paths you have taken in the past so as not to repeat. if you are last, the right move would have been to stand with the other person and find it when they do. like covering a competitor in sailing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, all of their tiles were different.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, the tiles were different, but some racers were looking down a path they already went down, so they were looking at the same tiles again and again. Now someone did that deliberately, others accidently.

From games I play, I know how focusing in on a detail makes finding a match.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I didn't understand what you meant by standing with the other person and finding it when they do?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, not following. They didn't have the same tiles. Some had 2 antena on the right, some on the left. The one they had to find wasn't the same tile as their competitor had to find. Maybe by following someone you could figure out which area to search next.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I wasn't the only person that was confused... LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The girl who asked didn't know that contestants had different tiles to find. Nor did the askee, who simply blew off the asker. The point of airing that particular interchange presumably was to set up background for the upcoming mandatory U-Turn when the swallows come home to roost for the female childhood friends who will be dumbfounded to find out the other players all hate them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In an exit interview, Jocelyn and Vincent said luck is involved at times. Vincent wore shorts that day and that wasn't allowed in the temple, so Vincent had to dig down in his pack to pull out long pants. Then they found out there was cloth that people could use to cover bare shoulders and he could have used that to cover his legs. That didn't cause them to lose, but lost time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: