TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Episode, Sep 27

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: 1st Episode, Sep 27 users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"The Amazing Race Is Back!"

90 minutes!

So pull out your fav treats & hunker down for a
whole night of fun!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
On a more serious note:

Effective today, Americans once again can start ordering 4 free COVID test kits delivered by USPS.

here's the place to order:
https://www.covid.gov/tests

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Since I'm not a football fan, I am so excited for these two shows to be back tonight! This is like the Superbowl for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No spoilers????

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
High wire crossing at the Biltmore Hotel in downtown LA and then off to Bangkok, Thailand. It looks so different since I was there in 1963.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Where's all the TAR love? was so happy to get a mere glimpse of Derek and Claire -- last year's winners. Fun first episode. Bangkok was familiar and yet different (I've been there twice). I'm honestly fine with the team that went home. They just seemed too casual about the race. Not enough spunk or urgency. Lots of fun teams!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was a good first episode! I was sad for the team that went home, I liked the nerdy brother and sister team. :-)

No non-eliminations this year. Also, a *mandatory* u-turn, meaning every team MUST vote for a team to be uturned.

Had to laugh at the team that said "well, I guess we removed any risk that we will be u-turned." LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That giant Budha was amazing, I don't remember seeing it on any other shows and was surprised. Maybe I am somehow sheltered but it seems I would have known about it like I know of the Christ Redeemer in Brazil.

And that temple was gorgeous as well. Enjoying the game very much.

That first word puzzle was hard! but once it was solved it seemed so eazy since they were in the City of Angels, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mike Bloom
@AMikeBloomType
ยท
1h
I kick off my #AmazingRace 35 exit interviews with Alexandra and Sheridan! The siblings get into their journey from superfans to racers, whether they debated switching Detours, and how their taxi driver filmed a TikTok with them in the middle of their trip

https://parade.com/tv/the-amazing-race-35-alexandra-sheridan-lichtor-eliminated-interview

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well that will teach me to stereotype pairs at the beginning. I just assumed that Joceylyn and Victor might struggle (don't ask me why - age? size? not strong?) but they absolutely rocked it last night! I love this happy couple who totally proved me wrong!

The entire cast looks good. Love seeing the parent/child duos and especially kudos to Rob & Corey with Rob just so happening to be deaf.

And then you have the siblings and you have the best friends. Robbin of Robbin & Chelsea broke my heart with her story but then sent out such an incredibly inspiring message!

And who knew a massage could be so brutal! Kudos to Ashley & Todd for having to do it a 2nd time and remaining calm and respectful about it.

I'm loving this cast so far! Maybe Survivor should steal/borrow their casting crew for a season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kind of a mistake for the one guy to promise to give the CITY OF ANGELS answer to so many teams. The deaf dad obviously didn't hear (though his interpreter might have informed him) so when he got it first he could just get the clue from Derek and Claire and slip on down the stairs.

The woman who was kind of showboating on that line between two buildings was lucky she didn't slip, but she certainly was fast.

That express pass task would be daunting!

I noticed some cab drivers wearing masks. I would have been wearing them myself, but even if I thought I was "over" them, I would have them and put them on in at least a cab with a masked cabbie. I bet that might be appreciated and get a faster ride.

Robbin or Chelsea (blonde one of childhood friends) what a back story, husband diagnosed with leukemia, gone in 2 months, then she has a brain tumor, surgery..

Then eventually goes on a weight loss and health journey. wow. And with 4 kids.

Love Jocelyn and Victor!!

Also exited for father and son.. And loved that Phil signed team number 2 to them.

Bummer for brother and sister.. Might have stayed in if they endured the massage. I will say that she should take my Balance and Mobility class.

So no non-elimination rounds, u turns must be used.

And Express pass is back, was won and they still have it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Amazing Race but with Survivor, and podcasts last night, I left viewing of Amazing Race for today.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to figure out how do you get all teams to vote on a U-turn if there is a huge disparity in times between teams?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Has anyone had a Thai massage? I might what to try it. I don't know if I'm that bendable!!!

Link

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl, I think the deal is in the past people could pass so then they didn't upset anyone by using the u-turn. Now they will have to put someone up and take a stand.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I get people not wanting to use a U-Turn if they are so far ahead they don't need to. But I thought they said last night that all teams have to vote on it. That doesn't even make sense since teams could be separated by hours

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The "vote" is that each team posts a picture of who they want to u-turn, it doesn't require any consensus. Each team could "vote" for a different person.

Hmmmm, I wonder what they would do if there are four slots and 4 different teams are nominated, LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, good question!

I wonder if they take teams off the voting choices if they have already voted (ie, once they passed the uturn). That would seem awkward. In the past, they didn't know which teams had passed the uturn or not when they got there, unless they saw them at a task.

Otherwise, you could still burn your vote by voting for a team that you knew was in front of you?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... it doesn't make sense

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's what I was wondering also. Trying to sort this through strategically. Usually, IF a team feels the need to use the U-Turn, it's because they know they are in the bottom 2 or 3 teams and are trying to assure they, at least, secure that last place spot, as to not get eliminated. Now they don't have a choice.

Unless they remove the team photo, as they arrive, from the choices at the U-Turn, it would be possible to "burn" your vote by voting for a team you knew were in front of you. Which is what I hope happens. But if they remove the the photo, then they are now giving info to the teams, that they previously did not have.

I an very happy all the parts of the race are back. Taxis, tuk-tuks, eating yucky stuff, airports and plane tickets etc. But I was never a fan of the U-Turn. Now that it is mandatory, I am pretty disappointed.

I loved the Amazing Race because it is purely about strategy and luck. Didn't matter what the other teams thought of you. The U-Turn being mandatory, puts a bad spin on it, for me.

These poor teams go through so much. Now that that all the usual equalizers are back in play...I see no reason to pile on the U-Turn too.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol...I had written my above comment a few hours ago, and forgot to hit post. But I see that you guys were thinking the same thing. I just had a horrible thought though...what if the team is past the U-Turn but not at the Pit Stop yet....can they be forced to do the extra road block at that point? And they would not even have the possibility of a non elimination leg. Brutal

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TBH, I would rather have NELs back than a mandatory U-turn.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant believe the bro/sis team that lost was even cast. They appeared to have zero energy and no competitive spirit. What did casting see in them that made them cast them over 100s of others?

I actually enjoy all of the other teams as of now. I really like the brother teams and the sister team. I give them mad props for getting thru the bug eating!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree. I hate the Uturn.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not fond of U turns.

The brother and sister were pretty cute in after show interview.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: