TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion About the Upcoming...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXV: General Discussion About the Upcoming Season users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 05, 2023Legalboxer25 09-05-23  4:03 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Legal, that doesn't make sense. They had already committed to 90 minute episodes back in early May.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whoa! I was so looking forward to 90 minute shows, but it does also make sense that the 90 minute shows could have been in the can for a long time.

I guess we'll see.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 2:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
yes they committed to 90 minute shows in May - the Season 35 ones were already edited too much so they filmed a new season to get 90 minute ones - at least we know we will have two seasons at least with the original season 35 in the can for the future.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-amazing-race-season-35-surprises-changes-13-teams-1235707901/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
WOW... thanks for the link Legal. I have thoughts. It kind of sucks that they are bringing back the U-turn but there will be no NEL. Unless another team screws up really badly, it's very hard to recover from a U-turn and not be eliminated.

Now I am happy that they are bringing back traveling commercial. The drama at the ticket counters/airports will help fill up the extra half hour.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow that sucks for the original shorter film cast. They can't get paid until their show airs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Sadiesmom... I will never forget that season where they filmed the finale in N.O. - it was two years before it aired. I get that the cast was really unlikable so CBS was obviously putting off the inevitable... LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It makes little sense to me that they don't re-edit it to 90 minutes. they have plenty of footage!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I cannot wait! Any show Phil hosts is always so positive.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Bring it on!!!!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Phil said that there will be no non-elimination legs, but instead it was called "You're still racing"?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Vsmart - we call those "Uber legs"

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Still a misdirection.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Vsmart, that was my first thought too. The only difference is no prize for 1st place, and no rest in between legs. Oh, and no penalty activity for last place.

Still, it amounts to the same thing. I'm glad tho, because I like the team that came in last.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It is different for the racers because they are racing. It's not a rest stop. No one wins the leg and no one loses because the leg isn't over!
For us viewers, we expect an elimination at the end of each episode, so yes feels a bit misleading to us, but the leg felt weird to me anyway because there wasn't a road block where just one person had to do a task. So it's just a leg with some extra stops and editing makes it feel like a non-elim for us the viewer.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... what Brenda said. Also, they have had Uber-legs for years... even when they had non-elimination legs. So one is not like the other.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: