TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 22, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 12th Show, Dec 7: Archive through December 22, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, Derek's voice is gone after partying last night with all those who came to the finale party thrown by Luis and Michelle!

All three teams in the RHAP interviews said they really loved the entire cast.

Emily and Molly update, though..

After they returned home, it took Emily some time to get MRI scans (this is giving me flashbacks to last year when I had such a delay in getting my knees scanned!) And Emily had TWO tibia fractures .. I just had one, though I'm also quite a bit older, but wow, just imagining that she finished the race that way. And like me, apparently the top part of the tibia was not broken off so she was able to do lots of physical therapy and her fractures have healed. Whew! That could have been SO much worse for her.

And Molly.. when they talked about race preparation it seems that her mother got sick and has passed away or did, so she mentioned that she was more occupied with services for her mother than preparation .. she had tears, Rob and Jessica, podcasters teared up and so did I, hearing that.

She said her mom loved to travel and so in some locations, like iceland they knew they were in places where her mom had been.

She also laughed and said she has now been in more countries with Emily than with her husband.

When asked if Phil was irritated with the faux proposal, Derek says he has watched it back a couple of times, wondering the same thing, and still isn't sure. Claire said they did joke around a lot, so Phil may have been taken aback, especially when they said something about adding a new family member.. a dog. They still don't have the dog but have a cat.

Luis and Michelle have Expedia points for two trips and said they will go next year. One is to Spain and I forget the other. Luis said he had wondered if it was a mistake to host the finale party because people started assuming that they had won, and he didn't want to disappoint fans, especially family.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Great season. It is easier to like the other players when there is no sending the other team to do both choices.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good poinr, Vsmart!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t like the u-turns. I think they just create conflict and often seem unfair and I don’t watch this particular reality show to see conflict like that. I wish they’d get rid of them, in future seasons as well.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd forgotten about those. Definitely nice not to have them, and the conflict they cause. They also seemed unfair, as they very often doomed the team who had to do two tasks.

I also like not having taxis or public flights. Doing it the current way really seems to give the teams more control of their own destiny, which seems so much fairer.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I didn’t like U-turns either. I DO like the suspense of a non-elimination round, though.

I missed the uncertainty that it brought to each leg, so I hope they bring it back. I felt like the possibility of a non-elimination round added some excitement and motivation.

I hope we get a final Derek and Claire update soon. I know they promised us one!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't like u turns when they were used more than once and they were the last task before Phil. Other than that, bad luck.
Non eliminations fine if only one or two.
I liked the arranging planes and getting taxis. Some people were very clever overcoming travel problems and it is luck. Now with the arranged travel, the amount of time mostly get eliminated instead of accumulating. It is easier for the show, but annoying to me.

The one thing that really annoyed me was one show with a difficult clue that one team finally figured out. They then told the answer to every team except one so they would get eliminated. It made me want to have a penalty for every person helped in a task. I ended up hating all the teams that went on and had to stop watching that season.

Oh and impossible tasks like the eat 10 pounds of meat.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I used to hate when they made them preform some task like a dance...in a third world country they and had to ask the crowd around them to pay them. Or they would have to beg for money for that leg.

I remember there was a team of two girls that started crying because they thought it wasn't right to ask people who had so little money...to give up their money they were going to buy food at the market for a challenge on a TV show. They said they would rather take the time penalty.

I'm glad they stopped doing that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I hope they do a blog soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl7L3sVst7C/

Derek's Instagram with some fun pictures, including one with I think Claire's parents and Derek's parents..

I saw a compilation video on Instagram that I cannot find now at all.. maybe it was removed, but it was really sweet.. showed their first conversation on BB, they are talking about dating apps and New York, then we see them as they come out of jury house and he moves in with her in NY and then a really cute video in Michigan, where, she says "I'm Claire!" and Derek says "I'm COLD!" and then it adds Amazing Race clips. So cute.

In the Sharon Tharp interview which I posted above and which had to be before they really started partying on Wednesday, Derek still has his voice, but in the interview with Rob Cesternino and Jessica Liese, Derek had totally lost his voice! And they they had to travel back to Los Angeles. There is a picture of Derek cuddling their cat, so they are home and reuinted..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea that video is still on Derek's Instagram

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really do like a Race without UTurns and similar things.. and glad they long ago got rid of any possible begging for money.

Oh, but apparently some guy partying in Nashville, demanded big money from Derek for giving directions.. he wanted Derek to send the money first via Zelle.. which Derek did not do, just found someone else for directions. Each time they get directions or interact with locals, they have to take time for those people to sign waivers to be on the show.

I remember when Zachsmom and I went up to a studio to watch the filming of 2 1/2 men because tvchers had guessed that it probably was the taping that Janelle had won while on BB. And as we stood in line, we all had to sign waivers and there were signs all over. As it turned out, we were in the third row by a wall and the audience wasn't shown much. We only knew we saw our silhouettes as we had stood on chairs briefly to clap. But they are serious about those waivers. I think that is why sometimes you see one team on TAR talk to a local and another team swoops in, as it saves time since they have already signed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't miss the U-turn or double U-turn at all this season. However, I'm not opposed to a couple of NEL in the future, as long as there is no "speed bump" for the last team to perform.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire recap THE BIG WIN!! Woohoo!

https://youtu.be/VPL-kUfj5EY

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed that one! Very happy that they sa8d they are planning to do a few more.

Was a little disappointed in them falling in to the pit of all small celebs who advertise products on their social media. They could have saved that for their IG or Twitter...not in the middle of their recap. I was like, wait, what's happening....

I give Claire gigantic kudos for even functioning, let alone winning the race with menstrual cramps! I thought when she told Derek on the episode as they were running to the finish line...that she had cramps...I thought she meant leg cramps.

She said she gets severe cramps. I know what that's like. So these two just amaze me.

Too funny that Derek was having a nose bleed all over the place

I wonder if the next recaps will show them buying a house together. Rent in LA is ridiculous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://robhasawebsite.com/amazingrace34-claire-derek-interview/

Deep dive RHAP interviews Claire and Derek

Two hours. Haven't watched that yet, or their podcast, but looking forward to both.

Since, that is likely just the youtube ads. If you pay to view youtube (I don't) or youtube tv, then you won't get those ads.

But that happens and is not anything to do with Derek and Claire.

RHAP does have ads on some of their podcasts, but that supports them and you can just FF through if you aren't watching live.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Sea, it wasn’t a YT ad, Derek promoted the product IN their video. They said they didn’t get their $1M check yet, I guess they need the money!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The deep dive was so entertaining. Even though I watched all of the weekly recaps, this still made me LOL.

Derek and Claire are now my favorite reality show people. Just a couple of reality show fans who fulfilled reality show fans’ dreams of winning a reality show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah Sea, Derek was putting the cream on his face and holding the tubes up to the camera lol

They BOTH deserved the win for so many reasons! They are also my favs!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The deep dive was hysterical. Derek sure can talk and talk and tell stories. I enjoyed every minute of it. They are just an adorable couple. I'm so glad they won and cant wait to see what the future holds for them.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I can just listen to the two of them banter and play off each other for hours. I would love for them to do a podcast together. They make everything a good storytelling event.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire spend some winnings by flying first class on JetBlue Mint service, which looks amazing!

https://youtu.be/QUrqO8eFO2w

They are SO CUTE!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are adorable. I loved their comments as they overheard the high maintenance passenger sitting behind them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2022 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finally watched their finale podcast, and the JetBlue podcast and the last Croqueta with Luis and Michelle and Mike, Michelle's brother and Derek and Claire.. All really fun.

OK, I see the new sponsor they have but you can push through that and thus skip it, so that works.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The way I looked at it is they’ve provided me with a lot of entertainment over the last few months, so watching them do an ad is okay by me.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, December 22, 2022 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I really appreciated how they are being so sensible with their prize money. They are very aware of tax exposure and investment options. So many winners just blow their money on dumb stuff.

The only complaint I have about the latest video is that it was TOO SHORT! I wanted more plane footage, heh.