TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
11th Show, Nov 30

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 11th Show, Nov 30 users admin

"How Am I Going To Survive This?"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy -> Jordan -> France -> Spain -> Iceland

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"How Am I Going To Survive This?"

1 hr

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Too funny.. I thought you were asking.. But the name of the episode. 😎

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
OMG, Claire! OMG, the twins!

I missed most of what Claire actually did because I knew she would do it. And Emily too. I will need to go to Paramount.com tomorrow to re-watch the final minutes, but it was a great episode.

Preview for next week - "I can see us winning the Amazing Race with me carrying Emily on my back across the finish line." Which, of course means they do not win, but what a final three, all of them, and even the ones who did not make it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see David and Aubry go but they left with class. What a great couple!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
While I'm always amazed that people go this race when they can't swim, my heart still broke for Aubrey and David. I hate seeing any of them go.

Congrats to Emily and Molly for working around a leg injury and still making final three!

And those cars!! I can drive a stick but would be clueless with multiple ones, lol. And those waterfalls were absolutely gorgeous!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Of the twins, I wonder who has to do the last task. I hope it is not the one with the bum leg.

The good news is the last 5 or 6 get to do all tasks to mislead the spoilers. So the adventure goes on for them even if they can't win.

And all the last 3 win prize money beyond the appearance fee.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo, go Derek and Claire!

There is no way I could have memorized the order of 14 volcanoes while floating in cold water! Claire was amazing! I was kind of surprised that the twins didn't get it on the first go.

David and Aubry had so many wrong, and they were the last couple, so there was no point in torturing themselves by trying again and again. Their only hope was that someone would get hopelessly lost on the way to the pitstop which was very unlikely. So I'm glad they made the decision they did, and they did it with class.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad Derek and Claire are running in the finale! I think the correct three teams are running. The Twins are SO impressive. They rock the tasks. David and Aubry are so sweet, and it is impressive for someone who doesn't swim to even do those tasks. Iceland is gorgeous. What a fun season this has been!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would have never been able to read the the names of those volcanoes. They did the right thing taking the penalty as opposed to spending a couple of hours in the freezing water and still not making it to the top three.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Claire says that her parents are big fans of the Icelandic star at the pit stop.

Also some trivia from Jessica Liese, who is RHAP Amazing Race expert and covers all races. She is in Canada and says the most known and recognized famous person at a pit stop was in Surrey, B.C. I think) and it was Alex Trebek! But he was hired for a specific look length of time, so the last team to the pit stop missed seeing him.

Claire had some great mnemonics to get them through the under water task in one try.

I was impressed with the skill on her part and trust on Derek's when she put in contacts for him. I realize that they were probably soft contacts, so I am projecting my years wearing hard contacts...

It was a good episode...

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
A good friend of mine visited Iceland a few weeks back and sent me this amazing photo. It is definitely a place I want to visit.

horse

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
So beautiful!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wait, I thought Alex Trebek is deceased.

And I remain convinced Claire and Derek are a couple for life.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, it was referring to him being on it in the past

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire recap Ep 11:

https://youtu.be/KPlZbZRG_Gc

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is a good update and the poster is back..

A little worried, as Claire lost her coat and her compass during this episode, which apparently is not a good loss (compass) for the finale.

Yes Alex Trebek is deceased, but when he was a greeter on TAR Canada, in the past, he was alive...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnYZVXTaf8U

Luis and Michelle and her brother and .. Aubrey and David...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess Claire didn't LOSE a coat, but was wearing the compass around her neck but took it off with the coat when they went in the water.

There were two coats given them that leg and some teams, per the Luis and michelle podcast, kept one of them. Luis showed his.

Anyway, Claire left her compass behind accidentally.

Aubrey and David have been criticized for his lack of swimming, but besides the fact that swimming is not a staple on the race, it turns out that Aubrey and David were not originally chosen for this season , they they were alternates. and then there was a sudden change and they had no time to prepare. David actually had a swimming lesson lined up but then it seemed like they were not going to get to go at all.

David has a panic attack the first time they went in the water together and it just got worse. Aubrey is a therapist and recognized this and she did alert staff that he didn't swim. By the third time a bunch of staff had jumped in and were having him lie on his back as they held him up. So.. Aubrey said after they saw the twins leave, she really didn't want to urge him to try again. it simply wasn't worth it and they would not have caught up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, when they were doing the swimming challenge, I was thinking to myself that it has been YEARS since they did a swimming challenge on TAR.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am even more fans of Aubrey and David now...and dislike anyone that criticizes someone who cannot swim. That fact that David can't swim and still tried says how dedicated he is, and that Aubrey was fully supportive of him and not wanting to trigger him more... cant think of a better couple/team.

As someone who physically cannot snorkel and would have terrible eye sight looking at the clues, major props to all the teams who had difficulty and kept on trying.

Also, only been at the airport in Iceland but the water over in Finland, oh boy is that COLD...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I admire David and Aubrey immensely. He did overcome his fears, and she supported him when they realistically had already lost. What a solid couple.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Legal and Brenda, I agree. I always liked them. Much respect to David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: