TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 9th Show, Nov 16: Archive through November 19, 2022 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Vamos a la Playa"

1 hr

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I find myself not only fervently anticipating the show itself, but also Claire and Derek's recap!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It has been a great season. So much fun!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire were thinking that Spain would be good for the two couples where at least one speaks Spanish. Guess we will see the beginning of that tonight, if it is a megaleg.

Vamos!!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode. I feel bad for the twins with Emily's? knee pain. She and her sister are troopers!

All these couple are fun to watch and I'm rooting for all of them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I feel for the twins as well. I keep wondering if she's trying aspercreme or anything topical like that for pain. Granted, resting the knee is the only thing that will help but she can't do that without dropping out of the race. I was happy for her that they appeared to have electric bikes for that one section. They did really good for this first half of a megaleg considering her situation.

Poor Michael and Marcus - I feel like they have lost their mojo. I love watching the dancer and the fireman, Luis and Michelle. They are really enjoying every aspect of this race. As I say every week - such a great cast this season! It's really fun to watch.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I think this is the first season in ages I have enjoyed watching all of the couples. I don’t have a favorite…..just very happy to see them all do so well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
these tbc legs piss me off. I want to see the mat every week! My heart goes out to the twins.

I love D/C but really dont feel their love connection. It was weird when he went in for a kiss and then ducked his head and she kissed his head. I just dont see any romantic between them just super close friends

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure Emily has seen the medic and has what they can give her, She has a knee brace on. I have several of them and they only help a little and can hurt as well.

Some things need operations, I believe mine did, the Osteopath said it would heal, but since after 12 years, I have no strength in that leg, I believe the ligaments were torn out 100% and can not grow back.

I have no idea what Emily's injury is, does anyone remember how it happened?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought Emily had a quadriceps tear, but will have to see if I can find the interview they did with (a couple that won the race.. he isn't my favorite and his interviews seem a bit heavy with his remarks and he keeps interrupting to thank people in his chat who donate money.. i get that they donate there to get credit in "public" but it really interrupts the interview. Nevertheless, there was a lot of Emily and Molly info in it. I accidentally had it pop up on youtube after I watched something else.

I agree that off the shelf knee braces can only do so much, though they have some super adjustible braces like the one I have from OSSUR but those are quite pricey.

I DID have a ligament totally torn out and no way is that going to grow back. I lived with a custom brace for way too long and then got surgery in 2003. That was great and the actual surgery is still intact even after i broke that leg last year.

Sadies, have you had MRI scans?

Hmm, I also don't know or remember if I knew, HOW Emily injured herself but it really is a shame.

One thing though,they keep saying they want to keep racing, not just to win, but to keep having time together before they go home, but at least in the past no one went HOME until the end of the race, but were sequestered and the last teams out before final three actually raced as decoys, all the better to foil the spoilers out there. So they should have until the end of the race to continue to get to know each other.

in the interview, they have met up in person three times, including going to the wedding of a cousin. It was funny, as they said they had been raised by very different families temperamentally, so that i think it was a relative of Emily's and she and her family were really laid back about planning for the trip to the wedding and hotel reservations and such and Molly was wanting to know all the details and to plan it out.

let me see if I can find that interview..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeATQnhmEFM&t=3665s

No spoilers, though Justin tries..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Quad injury, so she was nursing her right leg, then lots of running on uneven ground in Jordan (including a long downhill run), this affected her left leg and it was swollen on the next leg, she used antiinflammatories, rest, ice, elevation. This interview was before the megaleg with all that running. At the time of the interview, from home, she is still supposed to be doing PT, still affected.. Anyway it is a good interview of the twins

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have a vague memory of whatever leg they did before they did the slide puzzle in the desert in Jordan. Emily was running up a hill and she commented that she felt like she injured her quad. She was in pain running across the sand.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just relistened to that part of the interview at the beginning and she really didn't say exactly when the quad injury was but that she was favoring that leg in Jordan and that really messed up the other leg. She wanted to set it straight that they got good medical care and that it wasn't the knee.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One thing I have noticed is it doesn't seem like any of the teams are working together - or they are and we aren't seeing it. I know they caught a lot of flack from that shitfest of a season a couple of years ago where they had that huge alliance of 5-6 teams that carried them to the end. No other team stood a chance.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie and I must be watching different shows.

I did notice last night that Emily wasn't carrying her backpack, and it didn't appear that Molly had 2, so they must be making a special provision for her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it's pretty clear that Derek/Claire are working with Aubrey and David? Didn't Derek make half a heart sign out the car window in one episode and David (in the car behind him) made the other half? And they definitely worked together on the sardine task.

Scooter - that's interesting about the backpack... I'll have to watch more closely.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they ditched one backpack. Perhaps threw out a lot of stuff so that they just need one backpack. Derek and Claire are running with one backpack. I didn't notice that she's got two bad legs now after favoring the one. I thought it was just one leg. Wow! Can't believe she's still racing. That has to be so hard.

And yes, I see teams working together, but it's situational. It's not an alliance where every leg these teams work together. Derek helped Audrey and David with the Fish. Derek and Claire have worked with Luis and Michelle when they both left first.

As for Derek and Claire, I think they are a real couple. I see real affection there. And shouldn't your partner be your best friend?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right... it's situational - not an obvious alliance where they are working together every leg of the race

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, yes but I dont see the love between them like I did on many other couples. I could be totally wrong, I love them and they are happy together whatever their relationship is

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think part of that may be their mindset in the race, which they talk about in their videos. That Derek is very task focused, singular mindset while racing. They also say they are both very pragmatic.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire are definitely working with Aubrey and David. They collaborate with the maps and have helped at key times, like when Derek clued them in about salting the sardines. As they say it isn't that they do tasks for each other, they help, especially with navigation but they don't try to do the same task, neither would wait for the other after finishing a task.

Someone on a podcast on RHAP.. might have been Taran on stockwatch with Chappell.. anyway they considered that David and Aubrey are the least likely team to win (I don't necessarily agree) and that if you help a team it is better to help a team that isn't at the top of the leaderboard. I don't get that vibe from Derek and Claire, though.

Derek has carried their only backpack all season. That was their plan from the beginning.

I didn't notice about Emily's pack but maybe they consolidated. I don't think production would carry anything for a racer.

I see Derek and Claire has happy, working on their relationship, playful. They have settled into a place in L.A. now that is two stories.. at least their is a staircase that we have seen.. just a staircase, a loungy couch.. and Claire's cats are there. One walked by on one of their Youtubes. Derek said they had been in short term rentals and claims we can see that they put the $2500 each they got for their first leg win to good use. He said they would give a tour but that has not happened so far.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Claire and Derek are killing it, wow! When I watch their recap videos, I can see that they are in love. Just the way they look at each other, and how they analyze their disagreements and work together to improve. I am SO impressed.

I am very worried for Emily and Molly, that injury is no joke, good on them for powering through it as a team.

I agree with you guys that all the remaining teams are so great that I wish they could all win.

I feel like they’re messing with us on the “no non-elimation legs” drama, but the “mega leg” leaves us at the end of an episode with NO ELIMINATION!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rosem, exactly!! I feel like I was bamboozled! these mega legs are really just non elim legs

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am apparently one of the few who realized that Claire and Derek were right for each other on Big Brother but couldn't do anything about it, because The Cookout had each of them aligned with another primary partner. I was pretty sure that after Big Brother they might be partners for life.

Derek and Luis are having a fun "Bromance", and they are the ones signaling half a heart out the car windows as they are driving, and they did do that at the beginning of this week's tv program. Claire and Derek have a kind of smart tactic of helping whichever team is closest to them when there are no other teams to see it happening.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 2:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That link I posted above is an interview with Emily and Molly. They could not say too much, but Emily is still supposed to be doing PT at home and seems to still be at least somewhat injured.