TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
7th Show, Nov 2

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 7th Show, Nov 2 users admin

"It's Simply Medieval"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy -> Jordan -> France

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"It's Simply Medieval"

1 hr
(note: Changed time to immediately follow Survivor, then Equalizer after)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, no one here? South of France, quite lovely scenery.

High energy, driving, rappelling, memory, drivimg. even a ditch and a tractor coming to the rescue...

So Glenda and Lumumba were the sole last to leave and had that accident with the car in a ditch but that actually went well and it looked like they almost caught up. Marcus and Michael were first, won $7500 each. Oh.. Emily and Molly in second, I THINK.. running back recording.. Derek and Claire in third, Luis and Michelle in fourth, Quinton and Mattie fifth, Aubrey and David sixth (arguning a lot over map reading) and Glend and Lumumba in last and eliminated, unfortunately. But they were graceful and thankful for the adventure.

Next week.. looks like a soccer task Toulouse France.

Now waiting for the Derek and Claire update.

In the last video, they were in a new home, we just saw a stairway in back of them and they showed a new couch/lounge thing. Derek said that they used the money they won in the leg they won to get out of the place they were (air bnb? they were someplace other than Todrick's for sure). They said there would be a tour later.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, was so sad Glenda and Lumumba were eliminated. They were so much fun to watch. I really do like all the couples. Going to have a hard time at the end rooting for one couple over another!

I was surprised that Micheal and Marcus came in first, especially because they had left behind their stuff at the castle. Thought for sure the married couple would have finished first.

Good strategy by Claire and Derek to go to the other challenge in order to possibly pull ahead. I thought for sure they were going to get stuck on that puzzle where they had to raise the ball with the pulley. But they have such good communication it was a breeze for them.

Hoping that if, as you say, next week is a soccer match...that Molly and Emily don't pick it...or that the one with the thigh injury doesn't have to do the task. I don't want to lose them next.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
All of the teams must have gotten lost for Marcus and Michael to squeeze into first. Loving all of these teams. Yes, it looked like Derek and Claire really nailed those games

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was weird editing on the Michael/Marcus first place. They showed them delayed because they forgot their keys, and the next thing you know they are in first place? No video or explanation of why.

Yes, Claire was so smart about that detour!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They showed teams getting lost.. Hope Derek and Claire cover that in their YouTube this week.

Michael and Marcus.. Yes, had to go back to the castle but were they with other teams doing the walnut task?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like everyone but Aubrey and David arguing while driving is not so likeable. Nothing compared to some teams in earlier seasons, but I would have been more ok losing them than I was with Glenda and Lumumba being Philiminated

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Glenda and Lumumba and wish them luck in producing a little 'boom boom'. They will be missed. I'm so happy the twins are still in! Loved hearing their comparison stories of growing up and the things that they both did exactly alike without knowing each other. This has been a great season!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Now that you mention it... Michael and Marcus didn't make a remark about what got them to the end was good navigation...so everyone else must have gotten lost.

You are right about Aubrey and David. Still nowhere as bad as that one couple...was it Johnathan and Victoria? But they could go next and I wouldn't be broken hearted.

I'm really worried about the sisters Molly and Emily. Since they keep bringing up the thigh injury...as if they are setting up a reason they won't be able to complete a challenge. Amazing that their twin bond made for such parallel experiences.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, I think Michael and Marcus did say something this episode about how good they were at navigating?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That was supposed to be DID not didn't of course.... Auto correct!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh! LOL... okay.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I really enjoyed Glenda and Lumumba and wish them luck in producing a little 'boom boom'. They will be missed. I'm so happy the twins are still in! Loved hearing their comparison stories of growing up and the things that they both did exactly alike without knowing each other.

Same and same. I loved Glenda and Lumumba and their unlikely physical aliance

Was just astounded at the twins' parallel experiences and even told Bigdog this morning about how they both eat TWO hard boiled eggs for breakfast, but only eat one yolk and give the other yolk to the dog. How freakish is that ???!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, though that sort of thing has been reported for other twins separated at birth. (like brothers who married women with the same name and had sons with the same name) I hope the injury doesn't do them in, because they are great racers and their story is compelling.

Glenda and Lumumba talked of meeting when they did, at their age. Lumumba had a horrible first marriage, and says he had to work on himself.. Glenda had not been married but had disaster relationships. So they are trying to get pregnant with her over 40. They had so much good to say about the race and say they are in touch basically with everyone every day.

The accident was more serious than it was portrayed. The car went down the slope and was being held up by a fence so they were at risk of it rolling and had to get out very carefully. But they did and they said "grandma" brought the tractor over faster than you could get triple A here..

They said that being 15 minutes behind was not a big deal, and in fact it actually gained them time, as in the previous leg they had the knowledge that no one would be leaving so they took their time on the cart building task and were more than 15 minutes behind the team ahead of them. The accident sealed their fate.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I too loved the twins story about the eggs. I also give my dog the second yolk when I peel two eggs to make egg salad. But I'm not eating them for breakfast, nor that often. :-)

Gelnda and Lumumba are such a great pair, and yes that car was precariously perched and unstable. So glad they were able to complete the leg.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I googled Glenda and Lumumba. I read that they are expecting a baby boy, "Boom Boom".

https://parade.com/tv/the-amazing-race-34-glenda-lumumba-roberts-eliminated-interview

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No, they are not pregnant. They are telling their fertility journey on YouTube RobertsFamily365.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that they seem to be “borrowing” BB comps.

The memory/rappelling is BB Comics.

The camel one where they had to fill a small bowl to fill a larger container was Slip and Slide

The pulley with the ball was that comp that Frankie won on his own due to Caleb purposely throwing it

This could be called Big Brother On A Road Trip.

I knew that Derek and Claire would feel Big Brother vibes from that carnival-like task, very glad they made that decision and it paid off for them.

I look forward to their recap in a few days.

Note to Production: Please remove the phrase “we are learning so much about each other” from all the confessional scripts, except for Molly and Emily. They are the only ones who are legitimately allowed to say it.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Brenda, thanks for the correction.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Survivor often uses throwing of items to land on various places, far more that Big Brother does. And Survivor has used a variety of boards with holes where balls are manipulated.

I don't see that anyone is stealing anything, though.

I thought almost every pair, every season, learns from and about each other. That is one of the basics of Amazing Race, even in earlier seasons where the pairs actually had a relationship of some sort prior to the race. That has changed as pairs are thrown together for many reasons, or non reasons.

I do look forward to Derek and Claire doing their youtubes.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And I look forward to you posting them..that what I was hoping right now lol

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire recap Ep 7

https://youtu.be/i8B65jpfGRw

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
YW!!

I just want to say how much I love that Derek’s Lord of the Latrine BB comic is in the background of all their videos.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
very telling that the editors didnt show us any of their fight.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
OMG, the recap of this episode is so much better than the episode.

Loving it 🥰

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Loved it too! They are amazing at working out their problems! They have "logical" fights lol The borderline part cracked me up.

As I was watching it struck me what long fingers Claire has...and thought she would have done very well with the Egg in the Chicken Coop challenge on Big Brother!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved the youtube.. just finished watching. That stairway is like the one in my first condo and seeing that cat walking down and through reminds me of my beloved Critter, who I had for 22 years. She loved that stairway. The next/current condo has stairs but then are not open like that. She still liked them, as does Katniss now. But that has been the first signting of one of Claire's cats in these videos.

Amazing how they turned a fight into analyzing and training to improve navigations skills.

Yes, Pamy, interesting that they didn't show the arguments.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yep, and the did show Aubrey and David

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's so funny to me that in their bootlet prep with Clair's parents they didn't learn to pay attention to map legends. I can just picture them practicing in their hotel room! Watchng their recaps really enhances this season for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Remember, their boot camp was pretty short since Derek was off filming The Challenge before they left for Amazing Race.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I wish I had the relationship skills that Derek and Claire displayed when I was their age.

It was so impressive that they had a fight, accomplished the goal, and then had a discussion about what they did wrong, and how they could improve. And then followed through, and improved.

I did LMAO at Claire missing the LEGEND! All of us pre-smartphone ancients know, the LEGEND is ESSENTIAL!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: