TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Show, Oct 26

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 6th Show, Oct 26 users admin

"Step By Step"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy -> Jordan

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Step By Step"

1 hr

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So funny on today's show. Everybody speaking is it Arabic? Makes me think of an Eddie Murphy bit, saying he doesn't want any "Hockem" on his sandwich. So hard to do the hard sound of the word.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It sounded like Marcus and Michael took two lines each, whereas the others said every word together. I wonder what the rules were, as if Derek had twigged that he could do the easier letters only, they'd have got through earlier.

I love how friendly they all are to each other, it's a really pleasing season to watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't thrilled that they started them all off at the same time. Just because a team was out didn't mean everyone else should be leaving together. As it turned out the same team was first for the second time in a row, so good job to them!!

Happy that Claire put that cart together. That had to make her feel like she wasn't just dragging them down when she did a task. Derek said as much when someone said "you have CLAIRE building again?" So good on them, too.

All those dancers.. Glenda and Lumumba had to tough out the dance, but got it done.

Yes, the brothers were smart and really read the clue and were able to share the task instead of doing it together. And the twins aced it.

The leaving 45 minutes later for the last team sounds draconian and it might be, but at first I interpreted it that there would be a 45 minute gap between the second to last group and the very last team, but it was 45 minutes after the FIRST group, so.. not SO bad.

Now have to wait for Derek and Claire's youtube...

And I agree, the teams are really pleasant and supportive.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was just wondering what happened to the staggered departure times. With the removal of having to make your own flight reservations and no taxis etc...it seems like most of them are arriving and leaving at same times. Pre covid, You hardly used to see several teams teams arriving at the Pit-stop together.

When those teams accidentally discovered where the pitstop was, I thought oh, this is going to help them later.

When I saw that they had to recite the Arabic alphabet I said Emily and Molly, they got this! I was super surprised that so many teams did so well at it because it seemed quite difficult.

Was very sad Glenda and Lumumba came in last. At least they still have a chance. We have seen it before. A team arrives hours and hours after everyone, thinking they're out. Just to discover that there's still one team out there. Although that was usually due to a missed flight or layover

Super devastated for Abby and Will! I can't even imagine imagine how they feel. I liked them so much and was hoping that they were going to go to the end. I thought it was interesting how now all the teams were seen wearing masks while they were dealing with the public. Just an additional stress they don't need.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they said the teams will start in groups of two, two, two and then the final one, so if that's over 45 minutes they are probably only 15 mins behind the earlier two, so it should be okay to make up.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I posted all by my lonesome in the 6th show thread and was wondering where everyone went!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was sad about the team being out for covid as well. And noticed most teams were wearing masks a lot more. i'm sure they are worried now! But Derek and Claire didn't have theirs on much.

Another "read the clue" moment. Smart of the guys to figure out that only one had to say each sound. I hope Derek will comment on that in his video.

And yes, not sure why Phil had them all leave at the same time. and maybe he shouldn't have told them it was non-elim. Covid has changed this show, but I still love it. Hopefully Abby and Will get invited back. Maybe they'll be an old married couple by then!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, Covid made its mark on The Amazing Race, and derailed their “No non-elimination round” gimmick/twist.

So sad for the team eliminated in this way, can’t imagine how devastating it must be to lose via pandemic instead of a roadblock or detour.

I am very happy that the teams I’m rooting for are still in it especially Derek and Claire…and Molly and Emily.

I have met Molly’s dad, he runs the gift shop at the local Shakespeare theater here in the Orlando area, so I am very torn between rooting for Derek and Claire VS Molly and Emily.

I think I will be equally happy if either of these two teams win, but I also love all the remaining teams! This is really good casting.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's a good cast this season and I hate seeing anyone leave. I'm enjoying all of them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The last episode was on Oct. 26th, was it not? Is there some reason my response was moved to last week's thread for Oct. 19th? Mob Rule? Everyone posts on the wrong thread so those of us who posted on the right thread are moved to the wrong thread with them? WTH?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone moved your post Kappy, I think you put it in the 10/19 thread. There's no record of it being moved.

I'll do a cleanup and move all these to the correct thread now. So everything should be straight now. Happy Friday!!

Fan3

07-07-2005

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Wonder how this covid stuff will affect the rest of the race…

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
FYI- The Real Love Boat has sunk to the point where they're moving it to Paramount+; TAR will be airing at 9pm Eastern after Survivor starting next week (where it should have been all along honestly..)

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree Wilson.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, no big loss for The Real Love Boat... guess I won't see the end results since I don't have Paramount+.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Covid took out Abby and Will unfortunately.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna.

Wilson, great news about Love Boat moving. I noticed they didn't even bother with commercials for it. Now if they would just continue with all 3 hours being filled with Survivor and TAR . . .

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
So happy to know that Love Boat will no longer be prime time. I was watching it only because I usually watch on an an east coast feed, and it was between Survivor and Amazing Race. But I am moving to central time very soon, and I can now watch Survivor and Amazing Race at 7 and 8 pm in real time, and still make it up for sunrise on the beach around 6 am the following day. Yay!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't watch live but this means that I can start watching Amazing Race earlier. Yay! I wonder how they ever thought they should separate two established family friendly shows with one that likely is not?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol that's pretty bad. I'll probably finish this season out...just because I'm almost half way thu and I'm curious as to how it ends. Feel bad for Jerry and Rebecca. I like them both...but they are so vanilla. The contestants are boring. So is the crew.....except for the Captain maybe. "Shove off" is not what I would have voted for as the catch phrase lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jerry has that game show Pictionary, so they won't be broke.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't think that one is going to last long either? lol However his place on The Talk seems secure. That seems to be more in his wheelhouse.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 31, 2022 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0SWklpXsLw

Derek and Claire

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I think I could watch Derek and Claire describe anything. Their entire demeanor, and self-deprecating take on things is so charming.

I really hope they win. And if they don’t, can we get a cooking show with them, or an auto repair DIY show, or a house hunting show? Any of that and I’m in!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Was thinking the same thing! They are really just a perfect fit for each other. I was thinking I'm going to miss this! I also would watch anything they decide to do

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are so cute. In their subscriber extras they discuss how they got travelers sickness from carelessness around consuming water in Jordan! I would have thought they both had more travel experience than that. I'm so glad it did not take them out of the race prematurely.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love all the couples! I dont think there has ever been this many likable teams

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agree with Pamy. I like all of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, great cast..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: