TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 5th Show, Oct 19: Archive through October 21, 2022 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"The Amazing Race of Arabia"

1 hr

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
First time for Amazing Race to go to Jordan..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Jordan is pretty cool. It has Wadi Rum where there are Bedouin camps, and where Lawrence of Arabia the movie was filmed. And it has the amazing Petra. Jordan also has very clean motorist rest stops.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are going to Petra (or went).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
And they ended up going to both Petra and Wadi Rum. Both places are VERY hot. I was astounded that none of them got heat exhaustion wearing all the clothes some of them were wearing.

And that poor couple who managed to do the puzzle never realizing that the model for it was carved into the top facade of one of the buildings they were facing.

Derek and Claire danged near ran their way into first place, but Claire fell 50 yards from the finish line. Interestingly, I had noticed that Claire had done a camera cameo earlier in the show, and she had what appeared to be blood showing through the knee of her light-colored jeans, with no explanation of how she got it.

Glenda and Lumumba were VERY smart to change detours once they sized it up. Look for them to come close to regaining the lead in the future. There seem to be a LOT of very strong contenders for winning this race.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
And the poor racers are being eliminated. No cab misfortunes to eliminate top racers this time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting that they seem to have drivers on this leg.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are countries where they have to use drivers. That has happened in the past on Amazing Race.

I was really concerned when Glenda and Lumumba first chose the camels but luckily they switched.

The metal detection really changed the order more than I would have expected.

Yes that was a hard fall Claire took. They have joked in the past that she is good at falling, even pre-race.

Linton and Sharik out but I'm sure they are happy they did not quit.

And next week one team is Dx with COVID.. they show Phil telling whoever it is via facetime, so we have to wait.. ACK.. I would think if one couple or person was positive they have all been together..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
And I just remembered that the next week clips showed Phil telling somebody they tested positive for Covid. I guess they will make them drop out. It will be interesting to see. And enough of them must have stayed well for the producers to have compiled the show, or we wouldn't be seeing it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it's someone we saw not wearing their mask in the car, while everyone else was wearing theirs?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The masking in the cars has been so inconsistent from what they have shown us. I will feel bad for whoever it is that has to drop out.

Claire's leg looked bad. I am also worried about the twin's leg. I like all of the teams so will be bummed if people have to drop out

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am glad that Linton and Sharik are out. They should have been gone last week. Phil was practically begging her to stay in the race and she was ungrateful and unappreciative of the experience. It was hard to see another team leave when she was so miserable staying.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
what a bummer that someone caught covid. I'm really hoping it's not a favorite team. I enjoy the rest of them so much.
I think it was time for Linton and Sharik to go. I admire him a lot and they were working better together this week, but it's obvious she didn't have the heart or stamina for this game.

I love that Derek was running around with the metal detector and took that huge, funny fall. He's such a strategist. And the teams behind them were so bad at strategy! Going on the extreme edge.

Many of these tasks seem easier this season. I'm sure part of it is needing to be outside and covid safe. It sounds like Claire and DX had a lot of down time to read books and watch movies in their hotel. Still love this show so much and seeing parts of the world I'll never visit is so fun. What a great cast this year too!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
From what people reported...the crew was always seen wearing masks, even outside in public.

Italy quarantine policies have changed a bit. It's only 5 days if you retest negative. But they can hold you up to 14 days if not. That would mean they might have had to leave the person behind?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I really don’t think we should assume Sharik was unappreciative of the experience just because of her emotions in that moment/leg. Exhaustion and stress do not go well with anxiety and I actually admire her for making it this far.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s a very difficult experience.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Anyone know why Quinton (cheer team) had a phone in his hand at the pit stop?

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
quinton phone
Pic of Quinton at Pit Stop with phone in his hand.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Verry Interrresting, Scotchbright!

RHAP podcast about the episode had them talking a bit about how COVID was handled by TAR Australia and TAR Canada when someone tested positive. In Australia I think they said several pairs were out and then came back, which seems flakey and of course Canada was all within Canada so there wasn't the problem of .. like this season, when and where did someone test positive and they have a schedule so how do they get the positive person out of a country? Put them on the private plane with the whole cast and crew (who are all presumably also tested often)? Leave them? Put them on a commercial flight?

They said people had already scoured the social media for all the pairs for any hint about this but everyone was clean with no posts that would indicate someone leaving next so we probably have to wait now.

And the phone.. yeah.. that is strange, unless it was a specific device used in a task we were not shown or will see in the future??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.distractify.com/p/who-got-covid-on-amazing-race-season-34

Basically they know nothing...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, they think it was one of two teams.

And oh wow, that phone!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We are all waiting to see the next show.. and the phone.. I certainly missed that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Short but interesting interview with Linton and Sharik.

https://robhasawebsite.com/amazingrace34-episode5-exit-interview/

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Good interview Sea. Thanks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Haven't they had some tasks where they receive messages on a phone, as part of it? It was probably something to do with that. Derek and Claire were suddenly second place (almost first) at the pitstop when they left the previous task in a different order. There might have been a task in the middle they cut for time.